Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jose Bautista....Still A FA

How does this guy not have a team yet? He's up there in age now and dealt with some injuries lately but with the season starting in 3 days, it's just mind boggling how this guy is still a free agent.

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Because he is 37, hit .206 last season and perception on him is he is a punk based on incidents the past few years. He had a tough go around last year which is why he settled for a 1 year deal to go back to Toronto.

He has made over 100 million in career earnings. I don't feel bad for him one bit. And i doubt he really cares that he hasn't been signed to a new contract.

Maybe because aside from Pujols, he was the least valuable player in the majors last year.

That's why he doesn't have a job.

The better question is why doesn't Greg Holland have a job yet?

Because he's a 37-year old coming off a .295 wOBA/80 wRC+ in a hitters ballpark who plays poor defense.

His walks went down and strikeouts went up noticeablely last year as well. Not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe because aside from Pujols, he was the least valuable player in the majors last year.

That's why he doesn't have a job.

The better question is why doesn't Greg Holland have a job yet?
    Because hes asking for Wade Davis money when even Wade Davis shouldnt have gotten Wade Davis money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixers3Fan View Post
    How does this guy not have a team yet? He's up there in age now and dealt with some injuries lately but with the season starting in 3 days, it's just mind boggling how this guy is still a free agent.
    Horrible year last year, loaded position, no real market need, has a bad reputation, etc.

I'm sure someone will give him a chance, but I'd sign Matt Holliday before Jose Bautista right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Horrible year last year, loaded position, no real market need, has a bad reputation, etc.

I'm sure someone will give him a chance, but I'd sign Matt Holliday before Jose Bautista right now
    For sure. I'm surprised Holliday didn't find a 4th outfielder/DH spot somewhere. He was great the first half of last year before his sickness derailed the rest of the year

As for Joey bats, he was terrible last year. I bet a few teams offered him a minor league deal, something i'm sure he had no interest in

I'd love to have him back in Toronto just to give people another reason to boo us.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I'm still more surprised people can't find a spot for Melky Cabrera. Yeah the defense is bad but the bat is still pretty damn solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    I'm still more surprised people can't find a spot for Melky Cabrera. Yeah the defense is bad but the bat is still pretty damn solid.
    The inconsistency is what's hurting him. He has to hit at least above average to be a positive player.

2013: .303 wOBA/87 wRC+, -0.8 WAR
    2014: .354 wOBA/127 wRC+, 2.5 WAR
    2015: .307 wOBA/94 wRC+, -0.1 WAR
    2016: .342 wOBA/116 wRC+, 1.7 WAR
    2017: .319 wOBA/98 wRC+, 0.0 WAR

Imagine being a baseball player in the 80s and 90s and how cup cake it was... Everyone having the harold reynolds opinion where RBI and Home runs are best... A guy like Jose even with this horrible of a year would be desired by almost all teams back then on name and Home runs alone.

It's because he's absolute garbage now.

Nobody gave Andre Ethier a shot.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I'd love to have him back in Toronto just to give people another reason to boo us.
    I dont need more reason to boo the Jays. But Id love for you to have him back because he sucks.

I don't know how it is mind boggling, he sucks. Like already mentioned, there are a handful of outfielders out there that should be signed over him, and even those guys are average.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast