Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

JR with the dirty play

Makes me miss the 80s

Wow just f'n wow. What a 2nd half. JR Smith is garbage and an *** but I'd like to thank Lue for continuing to play him.

Cs are in great shape,nice scoring with 6 guys putting up double figures!

LBJ arrived vs the Celts in Game 6 of 2012. These two games showed:

1. His team lacks the will to play D start to end
    2. His team lacks the patience on O to get quality shots.
    3. His team is lesser than the C's - even with Love, TT, and Korver stepping up in Game 2, not enough
    4. LBJ went wild in the 1st last night, but was unable to sustain - due to the fact he is mortal and the C's might have buckled a bit, they refused to give up or give in.

The Series is out of LBJ's hands, unless the refs put it back.

DA got a lot of crap for the Stevens deal, and lots of other moves over time. If any C's fan has a major bone to pick with him or Stevens at this point....
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    1. His team lacks the will to play D start to end
    Yup, it's just straight up a lack of hustle and care to actually play D. They just hope the team misses and they can score on the other end. And by they, I mean Love or LBJ.

2. His team lacks the patience on O to get quality shots.
    This team is too centered around LeBron. Everyone is sitting back defaulting to him. The only 2 showing any sort of will to make a play is Love and Korver. If LeBron wants to camp at the 3 point line and jack 3's all night, Stevens will take that all day. Eventually he will cool down. If LBJ isn't attacking the rim, he's not putting pressure on the D. He's not a good enough 3 point shooter to do it all night long. I love that the C's (Stevens) is attacking LeBron on Defense. Making him play and exert energy. That's why he's not attacking the rim as much - he's flat out tired.

3. His team is lesser than the C's - even with Love, TT, and Korver stepping up in Game 2, not enough
    Their pieces are not great. But even worse, they don't compliment each other at all.

4. LBJ went wild in the 1st last night, but was unable to sustain - due to the fact he is mortal and the C's might have buckled a bit, they refused to give up or give in.
    The will of this team is impressive. I'm most impressed with Jaylen Brown. He's not scared. Al is the leader of this group but Jaylen is the guy who's leading by example on the court. Smart is their closer, he's always making a play on defense when needed. His improvement in playmaking has made him a threat on offense - even if he still can't shoot for a high percentage. Tatum's youth is showing a bit this series, but there's enough around him that he doesn't have to worry when he makes a mistake. He just needs to focus on scoring the ball and playing "decent" defense right now.

City of Champions

Oh yeah, many (inc me) have kept tossing Brown into make believe deals, but not Tatum. Well Tatum hasn't lost any shine but Brown has been epic and now is in that same space, unless you are talking a very much at the top of the NBA type player, stop talking, not happening.

Smart is like that guy in the rec league - you know you are better, but he never gives up, never gives you space to make that move, never leads the stat sheet, but, he's the guy you least want to deal with. If he goes elsewhere, it'll be noticed, and we'll say from time to time - Smart would have dug the C's out of that one...
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

To continue the earlier point. LBJ began his peak (as player and winner) vs the C's in Game 6 in 2012. We've all been wondering when he's going to fade a bit. Fade to the point where he can't drag a meh team into the Finals. He may go to a Super Team next year, and back to the Finals multiple times, but if the C's stop him now, we may have seen the end of that long chapter in his and NBA history.

Talk about playing with house money...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

This team has been counted out prior to round 1 with the Bucks...

This series isn't over yet... After 2-0 against Philly I knew that Philly was toast...

If the C's make the finals, every contributing C's players trade value will be sky high...

I always go back and forth, but I can't picture this team without Smart...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Oh yeah, many (inc me) have kept tossing Brown into make believe deals, but not Tatum. Well Tatum hasn't lost any shine but Brown has been epic and now is in that same space, unless you are talking a very much at the top of the NBA type player, stop talking, not happening.

Smart is like that guy in the rec league - you know you are better, but he never gives up, never gives you space to make that move, never leads the stat sheet, but, he's the guy you least want to deal with. If he goes elsewhere, it'll be noticed, and we'll say from time to time - Smart would have dug the C's out of that one...
    Yup. There's only 2 guys I'd give up Brown for, and neither are going anywhere. Durant and Davis. That's it. End list.

I think we're really seeing exactly why Danny and Brad love Smart. I don't think they'll let him leave unless someone offers up $18+ mil. He'd be a great get for a contender but not many have that kind of cash. If PHI strikes out on the big prizes, they could be a threat for Smart. I would hate to see him go to that team.

City of Champions

I don't want to see Smart ever leave us lol

Every championship team needs that junkyard dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    I don't want to see Smart ever leave us lol

Every championship team needs that junkyard dog.
    If the C's make the finals I think we are gonna see the best of Smart... Not exactly stat sheet % wise, just his tenacity will be off the charts... Ain't gonna count my chickens, but Smart and Draymond will have at least one little scrap...

Reggie Lewis

Well Looks like the league will not be taking disciplinary action against J.R Smith what a surprise.
    Last edited by BSF101; 05-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.

2 in the books 2 more to go....Lets go Celtics.

Need to take 1 on the road. Game 3 is a big one. If they can win game 3 they could very well sweep a down and out CLE team. If CLE wins that gives them life...Need to cut it off in game 4 if that's the case and come home and close them out in 5.

City of Champions

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast