Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Playoffs

I was on the Tatum bandwagon early talking him as a better shooter than PP before game 10 this year.

However, his anticipation steals last night and his blocking/altering shots were startling.

I have wondered about his passing, if his two teammates come back healthy next year, he's going to post lots of 22/8/7/3/2 games.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    That was not an ugly win. Our D was superb, and we pushed them into a corner. LBJ was in 'NO MAS' shape in the 2nd half. We were aggressive, passed batter, didn't have many turnovers.

All of our players have practiced more lay ups since age 16 then the amount of heart beats any of us will have in a week. Factor in the shot clock, running full tilt, and then having to soften up for a lay-up, defense. It's a dynamic game with lots of pressure, anyone that was a starter on a HS team ought to be able to remember what it's like. I suspect people that complain about lay-ups never played but on the garage hoop, and they missed plenty even so.
    It was ugly in the sense that they had defensive stop after defensive stop and just let the Cavs lurk for a while. Poor shooting and missed layups led to that, plus age of course. I get that those layups are hard but they’ve missed an alarming number the past couple of games. Need to clean that portion of their game up.

Defense was incredible. They didn’t let LeBron get to the rim often and closed out aggressively on shooters.

Tatum is a freak. He’s going to add more passing and pull-up 3s in transition within the next few years and will be an absolute nightmare to stop. Every time he shoots, I think it’s going in.

When Horford is old and/or gone along with Hayward, Tatum is going to be the 4, and post games such as 29/13/5.5/2/1.5 - as easy as you please.

And yes, with as much longevity as PP, he'll blow PP out of the water. He's already a better shooter, and he's much more effective then choke PP was at the end of Q iso's with 8 or less seconds to go. Tatum plays calmer and with more skill than pre '07-'08 PP.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

It was an ugly offensive game for both teams... Defense wins those games though, and last night the C's D was on the money...

JT is an absolute stud...

Baynes had a very very good game...

Steady AL was in the building last night...

I think we lock it up in Cleveland... I can see an offensive explosion like games 1&2...

Side note... Lue hasn't helped the Cavs... IMO when LeBron leaves Lue shouldn't be fired... I'd like to see the Cavs make the playoffs without LeBron and with Lue coaching...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Tatum is also remarkably good at bailing the Cs out late in the shot clock this early in his career. There was one play last night where he got the ball with 4 seconds left at the top of the 3 point line. He got doubled and still pulled up and nailed a jumper. The defensive numbers are eye popping too. Stud.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920