Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Deleting Facebook

Are you?

Did you already?

Why/why not?

Given the revelations this week that they are harvesting and selling your data (like we all didn't really know this anyways) are you going to continue using the social media site? I'm willing to bet there's a bunch of people here already that don't use it. Elon Musk has deleted all of his stuff and his company's. It's a like closing the barn doors after the horses got out. They will still have all of the information you already put up there.

I'm going to delete mine. Not just because of that, but because there's been many people say that it just made them happier. I'm not on twitter, instagram, reddit, just here and facebook. Gonna delete facebook today.

facebook has sucked for a lonnnnnggggggggg time

I got no problem with the Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    It's true it's mostly "suggested posts" aka clickbait ads.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Yep, I mostly use it now to be apart of work groups. Too many ads or old people posting inspirational gibberish. And I can't post anything close to an opinion without starting some long drawn out FB argument.

Generally not worth it. I'll check it maybe once every other day and even then, for about a couple minutes.

The most annoying thing about facebook is people complaining about facebook.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yep, I mostly use it now to be apart of work groups. Too many ads or old people posting inspirational gibberish. And I can't post anything close to an opinion without starting some long drawn out FB argument.

Generally not worth it. I'll check it maybe once every other day and even then, for about a couple minutes.
    Definitely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The most annoying thing about facebook is people complaining about facebook.
    Yes!

I just finished downloading all of my pictures. Posting a goodbye status that I'll leave up for a bit, then I'm out.

Facebook isn't the only site that harvests your data, they just got caught. At this point I'd be willing to bet there is no site safe on the internet (or at least very close to it). I do agree though, at least in my experience, getting away from social media (even for just days at a time) has made a difference in how happy I am. I don't need to see or read through endless arguments and debates that go nowhere, nor ill informed and hackney opinions on things people do not know about. I do appreciate it though because it helps stay in touch with people who I do not talk to often. Outside of the data incident, the way they organize what you see during the feed drives me crazy. I see 36453265342424 pictures of cats daily but nothing from people I actually like to read from, those I have to search for. Its not the biggest complaint granted and Adblock has helped block the ads (as has the social fixer option) but in general I still see the same people sharing the same things (in some cases re-sharing the same meme over and over).

9. 03-23-2018, 04:55 PM
    Reason
    Adds nothing to the discussion

10. 03-23-2018, 05:17 PM
    Reason
    Adds nothing to the discussion

I'm sorry but this movement is ****ing hilarious. People are melodramatically deleting their facebook accounts because they think Russians and the Trump campaign hijacked people's minds with targeted ads based on facebook data.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I see no reason to delete Facebook. I don't have any sensitive info in my profile.

I belong to certain interest groups and read what's posted.

If I like what's posted, I hit the like button options. Also, use to see posts from friends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nothing Like Working Out

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Facebook isn't the only site that harvests your data, they just got caught. At this point I'd be willing to bet there is no site safe on the internet (or at least very close to it). I do agree though, at least in my experience, getting away from social media (even for just days at a time) has made a difference in how happy I am. I don't need to see or read through endless arguments and debates that go nowhere, nor ill informed and hackney opinions on things people do not know about. I do appreciate it though because it helps stay in touch with people who I do not talk to often. Outside of the data incident, the way they organize what you see during the feed drives me crazy. I see 36453265342424 pictures of cats daily but nothing from people I actually like to read from, those I have to search for. Its not the biggest complaint granted and Adblock has helped block the ads (as has the social fixer option) but in general I still see the same people sharing the same things (in some cases re-sharing the same meme over and over).
    I agree with your first statement. Funny how ads show up based on your google searches right?

Your second point is really what I'm going for. I mean they already have my data. Someone has tried to steal my identity. So there's no going back on that. Really just hoping that not seeing it all the time will have a positive effect.

PSD has targeted ads, lol. There's really only one option, you gotta buy a gun and one of those big satellite dishes and go live off the grid in like Montana.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'm sorry but this movement is ****ing hilarious. People are melodramatically deleting their facebook accounts because they think Russians and the Trump campaign hijacked people's minds with targeted ads based on facebook data.
    Remember when people denied Russia hacked the DNC or influenced the election? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Some of you are so conceited with your own beliefs that you think the only way someone could possibly disagree with you is if they were brainwashed by Russian bots and facebook ads.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Some of you are so conceited with your own beliefs that you think the only way someone could possibly disagree with you is if they were brainwashed by Russian bots and facebook ads.
    And some are so conceited they can't even admit they were wrong about Russian influence on the US election.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast