Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Re-visiting the LAL-CLE trade

So.. looking back who among you guys would say that the Lakeshow still won the trade even after ll this ridiculous "I'm not a 6th man", "Anything is possible" (in response to the question if IT and the Celtics can possibly have a reunion) comments.

Isaiah Thomas On Possible Return To Celtics: ‘Anything Can Happen’
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/1...a-free-agency/

Resilient Isaiah Thomas on Lakers role: 'I'm not no sixth man'
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...man/427514002/

Now it's very, very evident that IT isnt a smart fella. If he was looking for a big contract this offseason, least he could do is suck Magic and Rob. My honest opinion, he's hurting his value even more by giving out all these unnecessary ****. He's almost 30 years old... and cannot defend.

Basically, we gave up JC and Nance for cap relief and a 1st. Lakers still won the trade but I wish they find a replacement (question is who though....) this off-season real quick. I've had enough of this defense less Mighty Mouse.

Thoughts?

Ben Falk✔@bencfalk
    Stat of the Week:
    Isaiah Thomas’ FG% at the rim…
    Before this year: 58% (1093/1879)⁰So far this year: 50% (46/92)

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Ben Falk✔@bencfalk
    Stat of the Week:
    Isaiah Thomas’ FG% at the rim…
    Before this year: 58% (1093/1879)⁰So far this year: 50% (46/92)
    I feel as though IT gets bailed a lot when he goes to the rim via foul, pass, turnover. He isnt a great finisher this year IMO.

I want to say we won this trade, i do miss nance in the lineup. He was a good glue guy and leader. But we will be fine without him in the future. It depends on what we grt for the pick. It is interesting to wonder if we strike out in fa but resign randle and sign the cavs pick rookie, and if this rookie can contribute like hart/kuzma has.

Wish that we traded someone else to the rockets for that lou williams deal, he is still the perfect 6th man. But im not complaining because hart and kuz are gems.

This trade was about freeing up cap space in 2018 free agency so it's hard to judge until we see what they do in free agency. We don't even know what lakers will do with that 1st round pick either yet. So overall it's still TBD

But, if we are only going to talk about the players acquired in the trade, it looks like Cleveland made out better. Nance is looking good on that team as the small ball starting center (though he is currently hurt) and Clarkson is looking like instant offense off the bench. Thomas has been very inconsistent on offense and a liability on defense and Frye hasn't even put on a laker jersey yet.

So right now, looks like Cleveland, during the 2018 free agency this could sway quite a bit in the lakers favor depending on what they do in free agency and draft.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    So.. looking back who among you guys would say that the Lakeshow still won the trade even after ll this ridiculous "I'm not a 6th man", "Anything is possible" (in response to the question if IT and the Celtics can possibly have a reunion) comments.

Isaiah Thomas On Possible Return To Celtics: ‘Anything Can Happen’
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/1...a-free-agency/

Resilient Isaiah Thomas on Lakers role: 'I'm not no sixth man'
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...man/427514002/

Now it's very, very evident that IT isnt a smart fella. If he was looking for a big contract this offseason, least he could do is suck Magic and Rob. My honest opinion, he's hurting his value even more by giving out all these unnecessary ****. He's almost 30 years old... and cannot defend.

Basically, we gave up JC and Nance for cap relief and a 1st. Lakers still won the trade but I wish they find a replacement (question is who though....) this off-season real quick. I've had enough of this defense less Mighty Mouse.

Thoughts?
    It's obvious it was done for cap relief (and the pick was a great add-on), so how can we judge the trade yet if they havn't spent that free cap yet? It won't be decided until until Summer 2019 at the latest..

Whatever happens we don’t need IT and obviously he doesn’t want to stay here since he will never start in a Lakers uni. His comments on possibly signing back with the celts while still being a Laker shows that he’s not very smart but very selfish, he lacks humility too.

We’ll do better without him imo.

France: 2018 World Champions
    Thank you guys for our 2nd ⭐️ ⭐️

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Whatever happens we don’t need IT and obviously he doesn’t want to stay here since he will never start in a Lakers uni. His comments on possibly signing back with the celts while still being a Laker shows that he’s not very smart but very selfish, he lacks humility too.

We’ll do better without him imo.
    I agree.

He does provide that confidence especially in the 4th quarter with his play making abilities, but substitue Paul George for IT and he can become that guy and be the aggressor with his play making ability as well as HIS DEFENSE....I actually hope we sign PG13...

It and frye can go. IM EXcited to see who west and buss draft!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    This trade was about freeing up cap space in 2018 free agency so it's hard to judge until we see what they do in free agency. We don't even know what lakers will do with that 1st round pick either yet. So overall it's still TBD

But, if we are only going to talk about the players acquired in the trade, it looks like Cleveland made out better. Nance is looking good on that team as the small ball starting center (though he is currently hurt) and Clarkson is looking like instant offense off the bench. Thomas has been very inconsistent on offense and a liability on defense and Frye hasn't even put on a laker jersey yet.

So right now, looks like Cleveland, during the 2018 free agency this could sway quite a bit in the lakers favor depending on what they do in free agency and draft.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    This is it in a nutshell. If a choice had to be made right now, it's Cleveland easily. They made the trade for right now. If we can choose after final results then this trade is a couple of months from being decided. Lakers traded with this summer in mind.

fair trade for now. Moving forward after Thomas is gone and if no one signs then or bench will be weaker. I dont have confidence Lakers will be able to sign Paul George and or Lebron. I think moving Deng contract was the thing to do. You just cant pay a healthy productive player 17mil to do nothing and players like Lopez, Pope and Randle walk for nothing. I think Randle will get matched however. The Cavs pick would be nice to keep but lakers have to move Deng. Not stretched but moved. Zubac, Deng, cavs pick and our second for Marc Gasol.
    Last edited by ldawg; 03-20-2018 at 08:40 PM.

We made out like bandits from this trade. The deal was never about IT, he was basically just thrown in to make the cap work out and because he was causing locker room issues in Cleveland. We got what will probably end up being a top 20, maybe even a mid 1st round pick and we cleared up cap space. The deal would have been made in a heartbeat even if IT wasn't included.

If we keep that pick hopefully we can find a solid rim protector..

Win. Because in the present NBA a first round pick is worth a lot. More than Clarkson and Nance. Also gives us flexibility for trades. As others have said it also clears cap space. We have the most available cap space now for next year.

The cap space is great if we use it. We don't win this trade if we strike out in Free Agency.

I feel like Magic will certainly have a large part in what happens in Free Agency. Look at what Gruden is doing with the Raiders. Just his persona and mind for the game attracts players.

I don't really think Magic and Jeanie make the trade unless they knew something. Kupchak vs. Magic in recruiting isn't even a fair fight. I'm hoping we see a Pau Gasol type move as its been over due since the CP3 debacle.

I really Like isiah, but he's starting to rub me the wrong way. I think if he learns to let his game due the talking everything will work itself out.
    [/SIGPIC][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by M.L.G.A. View Post
    I agree.

He does provide that confidence especially in the 4th quarter with his play making abilities, but substitue Paul George for IT and he can become that guy and be the aggressor with his play making ability as well as HIS DEFENSE....I actually hope we sign PG13...
    This

France: 2018 World Champions
    Thank you guys for our 2nd ⭐️ ⭐️

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast