Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Dodgers 2018 Opening Day Lineup and Starting Rotation

What's y'all's opening day lineup projections and starting rotation? With Kemp or no? Kiké? Toles?

1 Chris Taylor CF
    2 Corey Seager SS
    3 Justin Turner 3B
    4 Cody Bellinger 1B
    5 Yasiel Puig RF
    6 Matt Kemp LF
    7 Yasmani Grandal C
    8 Logan Forsythe 2B
    9 Clayton Kershaw P

Really tough call between Toles, who could start in the Minors to rehab a bit more, Kiké who is awesome, maybe he could play 2B? And Kemp who seems to be a super Granderson replacement. Giving him the opening day slot out of veteran former all star Dodger respect. I love Joc but he is so dang unpredictable.

Rest of rotation, Rich Hill, Alex Wood, Kenta Maeda, Hyun Jin Ryu

ITs almost March 27!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    ITs almost March 27!!!!
    I hadn't even considered the date.. the 27th.. number 27.. Matty Kemp..

but mostly.. it's T-Mobile Tuesday and it's when we get MLB.tv At Bat Premium!!

Opening Day March 29th vs the beloved Gigantes.. Can't wait!

I think Matt hits behind Cody. As much as I like Puig hitting in the 8-spot, I see him behind Kemp.

It hasn't really been that great of a spring for these fu**en guys. I would like to start to see the regular season lineup now that we're twelve days away from opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
    What's y'all's opening day lineup projections and starting rotation? With Kemp or no? Kiké? Toles?

1 Chris Taylor CF
    2 Corey Seager SS
    3 Justin Turner 3B
    4 Cody Bellinger 1B
    5 Yasiel Puig RF
    6 Matt Kemp LF
    7 Yasmani Grandal C
    8 Logan Forsythe 2B
    9 Clayton Kershaw P

Really tough call between Toles, who could start in the Minors to rehab a bit more, Kiké who is awesome, maybe he could play 2B? And Kemp who seems to be a super Granderson replacement. Giving him the opening day slot out of veteran former all star Dodger respect. I love Joc but he is so dang unpredictable.

Rest of rotation, Rich Hill, Alex Wood, Kenta Maeda, Hyun Jin Ryu
    I could see some sort of Platoon between Kemp and Joc in LF with Joc also spelling Taylor in Center. Hell, the Dodgers may move Taylor to 2nd if Forsythe has another **** season.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I could see some sort of Platoon between Kemp and Joc in LF with Joc also spelling Taylor in Center. Hell, the Dodgers may move Taylor to 2nd if Forsythe has another **** season.
    I see Joc being optioned to learn how to hit again in the minors.

Screw platoons. If Kemp can hit 35 HR like he did in 2016 in Atlanta, that'll be a huge plus for us.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Damn, just heard the news that Turner has a broken wrist. So I would imagine that puts Kiké at 3B? Kemp in LF? Does Trayce Thompson play 3B and Kiké remains utility? Kemp and Toles play LF. Where does Joc fit in? Send down to minors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
    Damn, just heard the news that Turner has a broken wrist. So I would imagine that puts Kiké at 3B? Kemp in LF? Does Trayce Thompson play 3B and Kiké remains utility? Kemp and Toles play LF. Where does Joc fit in? Send down to minors?
    Dammit. Why does this **** always happen to us?

I'd rather have Taylor at 3B and Joc in CF.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

It’s going to most likely be Forsythe, kike, and Taylor rotating at third until JT gets back with farmer and jake Peter battling for a spot. They’ve had impressive springs thus far. Sucks about JT, might be a tough start to the season without him in the middle of the lineup everyday but gives other guys a chance to step up

Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFanKid55 View Post
    It’s going to most likely be Forsythe, kike, and Taylor rotating at third until JT gets back with farmer and jake Peter battling for a spot. They’ve had impressive springs thus far. Sucks about JT, might be a tough start to the season without him in the middle of the lineup everyday but gives other guys a chance to step up
    Peter was sent down after last nights game... he has cooled off a ton since early spring... not surprising since most of that was inferior pitching he was doing it against...

I would say Forsythe to third and Barns to second with Grandal behind the plate. Kike is nothing more than a late-inning sub or pinch-hitter. Look at his numbers against right and left-handed starters...he's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Peter was sent down after last nights game... he has cooled off a ton since early spring... not surprising since most of that was inferior pitching he was doing it against...
    Oh I didn't catch that. I guess hes a decent depth piece if someone else gets hurt. On paper his minor league track record isn't too shabby. I'm thinking if Barnes is an option in the infield it might make sense to carry another catcher in Farmer especially considering he has played some third base......

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Dammit. Why does this **** always happen to us?

I'd rather have Taylor at 3B and Joc in CF.
    Me too, but I would be OK with Taylor at 2nd instead of 3rd.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast