Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    No idea how you can think that. Taylor will be good enough to win them games, which is essential for the team at this point. McCarron is what? A guy you can hope might play as well as Taylor?

As I said, I very much doubt that they do. The QBs in this draft might be similar prospects overall quality-wise but they all have different strengths and flaws. So most likely the Browns have one QB they prefer.

Your choice of Ezekiel Elliott or Jalen Ramsey -- who do you take?

Besides, the Browns already have a pretty good front-7: Garrett, Ogbah/Nassib, Coley/Brantley, Ogunjobi, Collins, Kirksey, Schobert.
    Point 1 - to quote The Dude “That’s like, your opinion man.”

Point #2 - I take Ramsey, but IMO Ramsey is better than Fitzpatrick and Barkley is better than Elliot. So using that is a non-starter to me.

Point #3 - That’s exactly why they can wait til the early second and take a DB like Jessie Bates.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That's crazy cheap.

Wonder why he couldn't get more elsewhere...
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

This definitely decreases their odds of taking Barkley at 1. a Hyde/Johnson tandem is pretty solid if both can stay healthy. I'm guessing they will go QB at 1 but if that's the case I don't get why you traded a 3rd rounder to get a bridge guy. They could have signed a handful of guys to serve that purpose and just kept the 3rd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Hyde's a very nice signing. Duke Johnson is one of the best receiving RB's in the game, now you have Hyde who's a good power runner. Barkley is a mixture of both. I don't think this signing means they won't draft Barkley, But if they take a QB at 1 and Barkley is gone by 4 then the Browns are still ok at RB.
    This most likely means they aren't drafting Barkley.

It almost certainly means they have a trade set with the Bills to allow the Bills to move up to #4.

Browns will probably take a QB at #1.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I think the opposite is more likely. If the Browns take a QB at #1, the #2 pick becomes very in demand for teams who want Barkley at RB. Which might be the Giants anyway.
    If Barkley is there at #2 the Giants take him and laugh about it.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I never really liked the "draft Barkley #1 and any QB #4" strategy that so many proposed.

They should take the QB they like best at #1 and then see who's available at #4. If the the Browns take a QB #1 it could also trigger trades of other teams to get QBs at #2 and #3, so the Browns might still have their choice of non-QB at #4. Even if Barkley is gone by that point they still have their choice of a couple great prospects.
    I think the opposite is more likely. If the Browns take a QB at #1, the #2 pick becomes very in demand for teams who want Barkley at RB. Which might be the Giants anyway.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    This definitely decreases their odds of taking Barkley at 1. a Hyde/Johnson tandem is pretty solid if both can stay healthy. I'm guessing they will go QB at 1 but if that's the case I don't get why you traded a 3rd rounder to get a bridge guy. They could have signed a handful of guys to serve that purpose and just kept the 3rd rounder.
    That's what I'm thinking. There were options outside of trading away a 3rd round pick. I don't see what leverage Buffalo had that made Cleveland cave in? Which other team were they competing against for Tyrod?

if y'all had the money I'd do a Leveon for Ajayi/Kendricks deal. Not sure if you guys would of liked that. Bell is entitled to ask and seek his money, but I would prefer to allocate money more wisely for Pitt.

My guess is that we feel pressured to win games. This is the same franchise that nearly gave up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron if Sashi Hinkie didn't botch the trade. We desperately need to assure we get some wins. We have a ton of assets and young pieces, so we don't want to go 3-13 next year. That would be a massive failure. So we did what we had to do to make sure we snagged a guy that probably take us to 6+ wins.

We're used to sitting by and watching EVERY SINGLE free agent pass us up to join another team. I'm so used to that feeling. We've spent tons of free agency periods watching guys turn down extra money with us just to be with another team.

Do you think a 4th round pick for Tyrod would have been fair? I think it would have been fair, so I can't blame them for making sure they got him with a 3rd. It's just one extra round. It's an overpay, but it'll probably be worth the wins. Taylor certainly a decent bridge guy with potential for a little more.
    The Baker is coming.

The Browns need to win right away. What value is a 3rd-round pick anyway? Taylor is a good QB to have if their QB draft pick busts.

I'd be shocked if a team traded up to draft Barkley. Even if he turns into a Top 5 RB right away that's still mediocre value for the 2nd overall pick, factoring in what contract he will receive along with it.

Really happy with the Hyde signing, btw. He was literally the best weapon for the 49ers quite a bit. He's a better RB than Crowell, so that's an improvement. Duke Johnson will complement him so well.

I'm against taking Barkley at this point unless he's there at the 4th spot. No way do I take him #1. Gotta get our QB #1 and then #4 will be:

Barkley
    Defensive play-maker like Chubbs
    Trade down

I'd love to trade down and pick up Denzel Ward.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    My guess is that we feel pressured to win games. This is the same franchise that nearly gave up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron if Sashi Hinkie didn't botch the trade. We desperately need to assure we get some wins. We have a ton of assets and young pieces, so we don't want to go 3-13 next year. That would be a massive failure. So we did what we had to do to make sure we snagged a guy that probably take us to 6+ wins.

We're used to sitting by and watching EVERY SINGLE free agent pass us up to join another team. I'm so used to that feeling. We've spent tons of free agency periods watching guys turn down extra money with us just to be with another team.

Do you think a 4th round pick for Tyrod would have been fair? I think it would have been fair, so I can't blame them for making sure they got him with a 3rd. It's just one extra round. It's an overpay, but it'll probably be worth the wins. Taylor certainly a decent bridge guy with potential for a little more.
    It also shouldn't be ignored that the Taylor trade was announced just before the legal tampering window opened. I'm fairly certain that helped a little in the free agency signings.

Hyde wasn't able to stay healthy, but he was a good back when healthy. He'll be a good back for them.

That's crazy cheap.

Wonder why he couldn't get more elsewhere...
    Because he's a horrible receiving back. Everyone wants the back that can catch out of the backfield and give them that extra receiver. Hyde is a power runner, and not much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast