Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Im really liking what the Browns are doing this offseason. I'm sure they're tired of losing. 1-31 over the past 2 seasons had to suck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RB Carlos Hyde to the Browns

PROCESSING

This seems to be a very reasonable deal (finally)

I wish nothing but the best for Hyde. While a bit injury prone, when healthy he is a very capable back who rarely loses yards. He is not going to break off an 80 yard run, but he will turn what looks like a 3 yard run into a 20 yard gain. He had quite a few drops last season but is still a capable receiver. Good signing for the browns.

Browns just need a qb and they win 10.

Draft a qb and hopefully the Dogpound is back
    #BringBackMatty

If I'm the Browns, this signing does nothing to change whatever I was thinking of doing re Barkley
    The same goes for the Giants' signing of Stewart
    Most teams utilize 2 backs...and Barkley's style isn't like either of these
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Hyde's a very nice signing. Duke Johnson is one of the best receiving RB's in the game, now you have Hyde who's a good power runner. Barkley is a mixture of both. I don't think this signing means they won't draft Barkley, But if they take a QB at 1 and Barkley is gone by 4 then the Browns are still ok at RB.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Hyde's a very nice signing. Duke Johnson is one of the best receiving RB's in the game, now you have Hyde who's a good power runner. Barkley is a mixture of both. I don't think this signing means they won't draft Barkley, But if they take a QB at 1 and Barkley is gone by 4 then the Browns are still ok at RB.
    Yeah Barkley may be the best individual player in the draft, but positional value for qb is higher. You take qb at number 1, if he is there at 4, you grab him. Last year there was no qb worthy of being the top pick (pre draft, Watson in hindsight now), this years QBs Rosen and Darnold would of challenged Garrett last year for the top pick if they are all in the same draft.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I never really liked the "draft Barkley #1 and any QB #4" strategy that so many proposed.

They should take the QB they like best at #1 and then see who's available at #4. If the the Browns take a QB #1 it could also trigger trades of other teams to get QBs at #2 and #3, so the Browns might still have their choice of non-QB at #4. Even if Barkley is gone by that point they still have their choice of a couple great prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I never really liked the "draft Barkley #1 and any QB #4" strategy that so many proposed.

They should take the QB they like best at #1 and then see who's available at #4. If the the Browns take a QB #1 it could also trigger trades of other teams to get QBs at #2 and #3, so the Browns might still have their choice of non-QB at #4. Even if Barkley is gone by that point they still have their choice of a couple great prospects.
    See, Iím against that because I donít see a franchise QB in this group. They all have a major flaw.

And especially if you got 2 QBs on the same level, take the BPA (Barkley) and let one fall to you.

This is years ago but in the 04 draft Cowher either wanted to stay put and take Stacey Andrews or trade to 2 and take Phillip Rivers. Colbert projected Ben to go 4-5; and had him and Eli on the same level. Well we sat at 7, Ben made his way to us, and we know the rest.

Now we arenít in the room to know what the Browns are thinking but if they got two at the same level just see who makes it to 4, only trade to 3 if you have to.

PROCESSING

Looks like Barkley will be a Giant.

See, Iím against that because I donít see a franchise QB in this group. They all have a major flaw.

And especially if you got 2 QBs on the same level, take the BPA (Barkley) and let one fall to you.

This is years ago but in the 04 draft Cowher either wanted to stay put and take Stacey Andrews or trade to 2 and take Phillip Rivers. Colbert projected Ben to go 4-5; and had him and Eli on the same level. Well we sat at 7, Ben made his way to us, and we know the rest.

Now we arenít in the room to know what the Browns are thinking but if they got two at the same level just see who makes it to 4, only trade to 3 if you have to.
    Most likely the Browns have a QB they really like in this draft.

If that's the case, they should absolutely take that guy 1st overall. You don't settle for QBs as a rule. What you describe as a brilliant move by the Steelers was just luck that no team drafted Roethlisberger before them.

Barkley is a RB. He could be a great RB. But if say Minkah Fitzpatrick is a great DB then he's more valuable than Barkley on the football field.

I also thought it would have been a mistake for the Browns to bring in AJ McCarron. I'm obviously not a GM but so far the Browns seem to be making the right moves it seems to me.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 03-14-2018 at 09:30 AM.

RB Carlos Hyde to the Browns

Well we arenít in the room so hard to say what they think of the QBs.

I would rather have AJ McC than Tyrod TBH. But I can respect their choice.

Not saying their making bad moves; but if they have 2 QBs at the same level donít force your hand. Let the draft come to you.

FWIW I rather have the great RB than DB. A great/good front 7 is more important.

PROCESSING

I would rather have AJ McC than Tyrod TBH. But I can respect their choice.
    No idea how you can think that. Taylor will be good enough to win them games, which is essential for the team at this point. McCarron is what? A guy you can hope might play as well as Taylor?

Not saying their making bad moves; but if they have 2 QBs at the same level donít force your hand. Let the draft come to you.
    As I said, I very much doubt that they do. The QBs in this draft might be similar prospects overall quality-wise but they all have different strengths and flaws. So most likely the Browns have one QB they prefer.

FWIW I rather have the great RB than DB. A great/good front 7 is more important.
    Your choice of Ezekiel Elliott or Jalen Ramsey -- who do you take?

Besides, the Browns already have a pretty good front-7: Garrett, Ogbah/Nassib, Coley/Brantley, Ogunjobi, Collins, Kirksey, Schobert.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 03-14-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Trade for Foles.

Contender.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast