Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Jeff is trying not to get fired but I think the ship has sailed on that.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
    I know, but unfortunately Jeff isn't good at his job and doesn't understand something as simple as fatigue. Or I guess that's fortunate for the #tank haha.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I know, but unfortunately Jeff isn't good at his job and doesn't understand something as simple as fatigue. Or I guess that's fortunate for the #tank haha.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    DSjr had a nightmare of a game but DSjr still had the best +/- on the Mavs entire team. That should tell you all you need to know about that stat Rican.
    Any stat can be misleading on a game to game basis, that's why we tend to evaluate things based on an 82 game average. If something holds true over 82 games then there's a lot of truth to it.

But really, his +/- was that good because he was on the court for that 3rd quarter onslaught and for Barnes kicking our ***.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yes thanks for saving me the trouble...lol.

Lebron James can have a negative +/- for a game, but he won't have one for a full season of course.
    Actually he does have a negative +/- this season, for the first time since his rookie season haha. The Cavs starting lineup is trash.

Any stat can be misleading on a game to game basis, that's why we tend to evaluate things based on an 82 game average. If something holds true over 82 games then there's a lot of truth to it.

But really, his +/- was that good because he was on the court for that 3rd quarter onslaught and for Barnes kicking our ***.
    yes thanks for saving me the trouble...lol.

Lebron James can have a negative +/- for a game, but he won't have one for a full season of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    +/- stat has waaayy too many variables and you can't put much significance into it. A guy playing against starters, which DSjr does, can't be compared to the +/- of a guy, on a completely different team, playing against bench players, like Frank has.
    Yeah but that's where context comes into play. Just like the same way we know that just because Giannis averages 27 PPG doesn't mean he has some great scoring arsenal at his disposal.

+/- is not an entirely individual stat and shouldn't be used as such. It's not a stat that says player A is better than player B, but rather simply that players A/B teams +/- has been this with player A/B on. You go to the context of everything to determine how much of an individual factor player A/B is to that number and why.

+/- stat has waaayy too many variables and you can't put much significance into it. A guy playing against starters, which DSjr does, can't be compared to the +/- of a guy, on a completely different team, playing against bench players, like Frank has.

Btw, which Knick won the turnover contest. disgusting.
    Last edited by Bivory; 03-13-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Get a room you two. We lost, tank rolls on. We're good

Get a room you two. We lost, tank rolls on. We're good

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    This was the best game of horneseck’s coaching career. He deserves an extension.
    You're right. He needs an extension cord to watch his TV in the other room to Netflix and chill. Because he's going to have a lot of time on his hands.

This was the best game of horneseck’s coaching career. He deserves an extension.

You're right. He needs an extension cord to watch his TV in the other room to Netflix and chill. Because he's going to have a lot of time on his hands.

Hey this win could go along way in determining where we draft. If we get lucky and we draft another porzingis you will be thanking Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    nycerican, how about Trey tonight, no comment, 3-4 from three in 15 minutes that equates to 9.5 shots if you want to know.

He was the only Knick with the Knack from three, and his wrist is much better obviously. Two games with a bad wrist too many jumping to conclusions he lost his shot.

Good for Trey, also liked his hustle on defense........not sure why it took so long to get him in the game, but I'm glad he's a Knicks and I see some nice instant offense for our team in the future.
    the dude had like 16 points in 10 minutes and his D was OK. But Jeff prefers Frank and Mud over him so I would not get too excited. Personally. I think he is better than both of them, but he won't get the same chance with Jeff.

I think Burke needs the opportunity to start...I was all in favor of starting Mudiaye and seeing what you could get out of him but man seeing that turnover from the fastbreak made me sick. Mentally he is not good enough to be a starter, barely good enough to be a backup...dude needs to really up his game in the G-league.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    nycerican, how about Trey tonight, no comment, 3-4 from three in 15 minutes that equates to 9.5 shots if you want to know.

He was the only Knick with the Knack from three, and his wrist is much better obviously. Two games with a bad wrist too many jumping to conclusions he lost his shot.

Good for Trey, also liked his hustle on defense........not sure why it took so long to get him in the game, but I'm glad he's a Knicks and I see some nice instant offense for our team in the future.
    thats what he needs to do consistently. He cant live on that midrange shot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast