Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Packers to sign Jimmy Graham to 3 year deal

Not sure how I feel about this.
    Jimmy is coming off a down season and at 31 is he declining fast? Or was it just a fluke bad season?
    Im hoping that Rodgers can get the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Jimmy is coming off a down season and at 31 is he declining fast? Or was it just a fluke bad season?
    Seahawks wanted him to be a blocker and that wont be the case here in GB, we're gonna see the old Jimmy from the Saints days!

I think that has more to do with o-line of Seahawks. Wilson was running for his life. I think Graham has more left in the tank than Jordy tbh and A-Rod is at his best with a good TE. In the red zone Graham is still a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Seahawks wanted him to be a blocker and that wont be the case here in GB, we're gonna see the old Jimmy from the Saints days!
    I hope you are right, but I am not so sure. Even in a blocking role he was still targeted 100 times last season and didn't produce.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think that has more to do with o-line of Seahawks. Wilson was running for his life. I think Graham has more left in the tank than Jordy tbh and A-Rod is at his best with a good TE. In the red zone Graham is still a monster.
    When has Rodgers ever really had a good TE...?

I hope you are right, but I am not so sure. Even in a blocking role he was still targeted 100 times last season and didn't produce.

When has Rodgers ever really had a good TE...?
    That offense was a disaster and Jimmy was hardly the reason.

He'll be fine if he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That offense was a disaster and Jimmy was hardly the reason.

He'll be fine if he's healthy.
    I hope so, but I just don't really see this as an upgrade for this offense. I'm not sure of the exact details of the contract but I'm not looking forward to this team paying a 34 year old TE all that money per season. If he is a shell of himself at 31, what will he be like at 34.

I hope I'm wrong.

I mean, from the the rumored numbers, itís basically a two year contract, so youíre really only paying him through age 33, which isnít really that old.

And it seemed like he was so misused in Seattle. They basically used him strictly as a red zone guy it seemed. And Rodgers is probably the best tight window thrower in the league. The last two years Jordy basically got no separation and Rodgers threw him open all the time. Now imagine the same thing but to a guy whoís 4 inches taller with longer arms and just as good of vert. So even if heís not as fast as he once was, heís still a mismatch. Graham isnít my favorite signing, but Iím good with it. Heíll improve the offense if heís healthy.

That color on your name is terrible. Is that by choice? I can only imagine how it looks on a TN panel.

Norm is right. They misused Graham on a near criminal level. Not ALL the coaches fault considering the OL they had. It doesn't explain having Graham stay in to block while other TE's go out on routes. Graham is one of the worst blocking TE's in the league so I assume MM will not have him blocking THAT much. Split him out wide and let him work the middle of the field where he can exploit the constant mismatches. I want to see GB with an actual dominate TE since all we ever hear is how much better Rodgers is with a good TE.

I hope so, but I just don't really see this as an upgrade for this offense. I'm not sure of the exact details of the contract but I'm not looking forward to this team paying a 34 year old TE all that money per season. If he is a shell of himself at 31, what will he be like at 34.

I hope I'm wrong.
    I agree with this but I also hope i'm wrong...

I guess I donít see how this wouldnít be an upgrade. Our tight end position last year was pitiful. Kendricks and Rodgers were garbage and Bennett was trash while here at anything other than blocking. And itís not like Rodgers and Kendricks are good blockers either. They are awful all around TEs.

Jordy is better than Allison no doubt. But Allison has looked okay at times with Rodgers and Jordy looked pretty bad without Rodgers. So I think the gap between graham and Kendricks/Rodgers is quite a bit bigger than the gap between Allison and Jordy, and thatís even with basically last years version of graham. If heís revitalized at all, the gap is even wider.

I think thereís definitely an arguement to whether or not graham is worth the money. Could we have spent differently during upgraded the team? Thereís probably a really good arguement for yes on that. But to me, itís pretty clear that basically swapping out Jordy for graham should be an upgrade, if only because our tight end play has been bottom 5 in the league since basically Finley.

Yeah, people are acting like Nelson and Graham is a straight swap when they are two different players that affect the defense completely differently. Graham is going to get more mismatches than Nelson ever could.

As you said, I think Allison has a role on this offense and could perform well. I also expect another WR to be drafted with the 12 picks... Also curious to see what Clark can do. Probably nothing but it does sound like he looked really surprisingly good in training camp.

Totally forgot Yancey existed lol. I liked him too.

I'm just disappointed, we all talked about getting faster and now we might be playin 4.7 40 Allison as a starter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Packers to sign Jimmy Graham to 3 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Yeah, people are acting like Nelson and Graham is a straight swap when they are two different players that affect the defense completely differently. Graham is going to get more mismatches than Nelson ever could.

As you said, I think Allison has a role on this offense and could perform well. I also expect another WR to be drafted with the 12 picks... Also curious to see what Clark can do. Probably nothing but it does sound like he looked really surprisingly good in training camp.
    Also, Perhaps it means they like the progress Yancey has made during last season.

I got the vibe he was a hard worker from the few short clips of interviews I saw from him.

Allison has a low ceiling.

at this point in his athleticism, the best part of Jordy was his connection with Rodgers.

I will definitely miss that. He really knew how to ďsignalĒ to Aaron. They had a half dozen or so touchdowns, I witnessed, over the last 3 years where it was simply something they both saw pre snap and signaled to each other. Itís a thing of beauty.

Iíll miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iím not sold on JG yet.

His physical tools are second to none at the position.

I watched him a lot last year. Probably 8-10 Seattle games I watched. (Drafted him super late in fantasy)

In the red zone he had a good year, but he looked really really soft in zones over the middle of the field. And even misplayed a number of jumpballs that someone actually great would make.

Iím going in timid.

I like the value of the contract tho. 10 mil is the same he was paid the last 5 years of his career or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast