Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Why would Kyle Shanahan lose his job in the next 2-3 years? The team is set up to be successful over that time span.

If Belichick leaves for another team, I'd say most likely it's the Giants with Shurmur being one-and-done.
    I was speaking hypothetical here. But if you had a choice who would you rather have? has a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I'm just going to let you argue with yourself here.
    And I won't be surprised if Gilmore walks or is released by next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I was speaking hypothetical here. But if you had a choice who would you rather have? has a HC.
    I think Belichick is the best coach in NFL history, but I wouldn't want him as a HC if he's only looking to do it for a couple of years. His success in New England is based on the organization he built and that will be very hard for him to replicate in just a short time span with another team. Similarly, if he wanted to transplant the Patriots' culture that would mean getting rid of quite some talent on the new team at first. Yes, he won the SB in his second season with the Pats, but that was with Parcells' players (McGinest, Law, Milloy, ...) and the two ran very similar approaches to building a roster. That first SB was won with defense, too, which Belichick obviously excels in. So any new team he joined would need a base core of defensive talent for him to be successful right away.

Obviously I say all of that as an Eagles fan who's very happy with the current coaching staff. I guess I would feel differently if I were a Bucs fan, for example.

I think Belichick is the best coach in NFL history, but I wouldn't want him as a HC if he's only looking to do it for a couple of years. His success in New England is based on the organization he built and that will be very hard for him to replicate in just a short time span with another team. Similarly, if he wanted to transplant the Patriots' culture that would mean getting rid of quite some talent on the new team at first. Yes, he won the SB in his second season with the Pats, but that was with Parcells' players (McGinest, Law, Milloy, ...) and the two ran very similar approaches to building a roster. That first SB was won with defense, too, which Belichick obviously excels in. So any new team he joined would need a base core of defensive talent for him to be successful right away.

Obviously I say all of that as an Eagles fan who's very happy with the current coaching staff. I guess I would feel differently if I were a Bucs fan, for example.
    Fair Enough and good points.

I don't either. I'm just saying it's not a guarantee the Patriots will suck in the future.
    Unfortunately, that's correct. Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers didn't let the shadow stop them.

As long as Brady is there the Pats will be great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Man, this guy will be so disappointed when Pats end up with 12-4 and end up in the AFC title game.

All the players the Pats lost played a role on the team last year. Not saying their losses won't be felt but I've seen this show with the Pats enough to give them the benefit of the doubt to see how they fill those holes. Have to remember the Pats were decimated with injuries last year to some core players and those guys are coming back (Edelman, Hightower).

Ultimately, I don't think BB will coach more than 5 more years (and that might be generous). But I think he will have some sort of succession plan in place at both HC and QB by the time he's done in NE.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

LOL I don't drink. This team won't be that good next season I would be shocked if they finish 6-10? or 8-8. For once would it kill this team to open the wallet and offer a big contract? Oh I don't believe the Dolphins are gonna sign all 4 guys was just saying all 4 will most likely sign with another team/s. Sorry for the mixup.
    Theres something called cap management. The better your team, the more issues will arise. It'd be nice to be able to lock everyone up, but that's how life is in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Browns will own the AFC in the 2020's.
    Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    As long as Brady is there the Pats will be great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Age will eventually catch up to him sooner or later. I say one or two more good yrs left in him
    then we're stuck with Brian Hoyer

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Man, this guy will be so disappointed when Pats end up with 12-4 and end up in the AFC title game.

All the players the Pats lost played a role on the team last year. Not saying their losses won't be felt but I've seen this show with the Pats enough to give them the benefit of the doubt to see how they fill those holes. Have to remember the Pats were decimated with injuries last year to some core players and those guys are coming back (Edelman, Hightower).

Ultimately, I don't think BB will coach more than 5 more years (and that might be generous). But I think he will have some sort of succession plan in place at both HC and QB by the time he's done in NE.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    The won't end up 12-4 more like 8-8 or 10-6 tops and will lose the wildcard round against Either Jacksonville
    or Houston.

And I won't be surprised if Gilmore walks or is released by next season.
    I think you're the only Patriots fan who doesn't consider him the best player on the defense.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Age will eventually catch up to him sooner or later. I say one or two more good yrs left in him
    then we're stuck with Brian Hoyer
    Brian Hoyer will be retired by the time Brady retires, most likely.

Sounding like he's going to be cut before this season starts with the interest the Pats have in AJ McC.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Houston.
    Texans/Browns AFC championship games GALORE!

The Baker is coming.

I think you're the only Patriots fan who doesn't consider him the best player on the defense.
    Brian Hoyer will be retired by the time Brady retires, most likely.

Sounding like he's going to be cut before this season starts with the interest the Pats have in AJ McC.
    If Gilmore struggles next season I don't see him with them past Novemeber. Hoyer will probably still be a backup after Brady's gone where that's anyones guess. And they could of had Jimmy G has Brady's heir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12