Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nobody really

But Spurs with Leonard at 100% aren't a bad team
    Clippers are better now, but not good enough
    Blazers could create a scare, but it would take some massive luck and lights out shooting. Lillard getting 45 a game etc.
    Pelicans don't have enough
    OKC has too many holes to actually be a threat
    Minny could surprise, but again Wiggins and Towns just aren't there yet.

I'd say it's the odds on favorite that it'll be HOU vs GSW in the WCF unless a surprise happens (major injuries or total upset)

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I just threw 5% out there. I have clearly demonstrated that I am far from an intellectual poster, so maybe you should edit it to whatever you think is accurate.

I wasn't replying to you. I'm fine with your 5% ... the real numbers should be left to your bookie.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually statistically the odds of saying only the Warriors will lose before the WCF is lower than saying "Either the Rockets or the Warriors will lose before the WCF" because you are cutting the number of teams that could lose in half. The odds of one of 2 teams losing is higher than the odds of only one of them losing.

And as the OP said, 5% was not an official percentage, he was clearly annotating that the chances of either losing before the WCF is remote, so remote in fact he actually clarified his position:

Alright. Maybe I should have phrased it "who can push a series to 6/7"?"

Bottom line: even the guy you're saying is giving someone a chance of beating the Warriors doesn't seem to give anyone much of a chance of beating the Warriors (besides the Rockets).

The idea that a bunch of people were adamant the Warriors couldn't be beaten and are suddenly taking the proposition seriously is just a flawed premise, the vast majority of NBA fans (and oddsmakers, etc.) still have the Warriors as the best team in the league and the odds on favorite to win the title.
    Sure ... I've just been saying they are beatable and people, until recently, have been saying it's impossible for them to lose. It's sports, there is very little that is certain, and heavy favorites lose regularly.

Is everyone forgetting how Harden twice just stopped playing in his horrific playoffs exits; while with Houston.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Rockets took an L in the 1st rd. But if harden actually plays, I can see them losing to OKC in 6 in the 2nd rd.

OKC vs GS for the WCF

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Don't see an upset happening. If we are lucky some kind of injury or fight will make things interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Is everyone forgetting how Harden twice just stopped playing in his horrific playoffs exits; while with Houston.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Rockets took an L in the 1st rd. But if harden actually plays, I can see them losing to OKC in 6 in the 2nd rd.

OKC vs GS for the WCF
    Remind me. Which series' are you talking about? I know you mean last year but when was the other?

What year did the Rockets underperform with Harden as the lead guy? I'll wait because the one year I can think of is by a miraculous buzzer beater to a 5 seed team(rox were 4 seed) with the identical record.

These are not fouls apparently

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    No
    Good assessment. You've totally convinced everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    We match up well vs the Warriors but I don't see us beating the Rockets at all. They're just better equipped.

Harden>Westbrook
    CP3 = PG?
    Capela = Adams

And then the shooting just puts the nail in the coffin. Rockets are just loaded and I think we're like one of the worst three point defenders in the league. Honestly, I'm not sure we can even get to the Warriors unless we end up in the 7th seed. We'll definitely lose to the Rockets in 5-6. I'd give Minny the next best chance. They got Butler/KAT and if Wiggins/Teague can give the team around 35-40 points, it should be enough to win a few games. But I think people still haven't given the Rockets enough credit. For all the talk about their playoffs struggles, you can't deny that they are a total animal of a squad this regular season.
    No
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    Remind me. Which series' are you talking about? I know you mean last year but when was the other?

What year did the Rockets underperform with Harden as the lead guy? I'll wait because the one year I can think of is by a miraculous buzzer beater to a 5 seed team(rox were 4 seed) with the identical record.
    Game 6 vs Spurs 2017. That was all I needed to label Harden a playoffs failure that season. And it should be enough. No Kawhi and Harden absolutely disappeared. This was supposed to be the game where Rockets and Spurs go to game 7 and with Kawhi being still injured, no one knew how it would have played out. Yet, Harden did not show up. In possibly the biggest game of his career with everyone fully expecting a game 7, he was not there.

Also not in Houston but that OKC Finals vs Heat was an absolute choke by Harden. I have no idea what he was doing in that series.

No
    It wasn't needed, it's clear as day.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Yup, absolutely. They'll have to play with some urgency down the stretch. Uncharted territory for the franchise
    don't worry ... they will miss the playoffs have like a 1% chance at the top pick and win the lottery and then select a 20 year HOF type player...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    reportedly hitting a lot of strip clubs
    And getting locked up by Wade.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Game 6 vs Spurs 2017. That was all I needed to label Harden a playoffs failure that season. And it should be enough. No Kawhi and Harden absolutely disappeared. This was supposed to be the game where Rockets and Spurs go to game 7 and with Kawhi being still injured, no one knew how it would have played out. Yet, Harden did not show up. In possibly the biggest game of his career with everyone fully expecting a game 7, he was not there.

Also not in Houston but that OKC Finals vs Heat was an absolute choke by Harden. I have no idea what he was doing in that series.
    reportedly hitting a lot of strip clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sure ... I've just been saying they are beatable and people, until recently, have been saying it's impossible for them to lose. It's sports, there is very little that is certain, and heavy favorites lose regularly.
    barring injury they really aren't beatable... all teams at full strength I would put GS at 99.4%

It wasn't needed, it's clear as day.
    I'll take it you don't have any arguments to be made.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast