Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Monroe isn't dumb, he's just used to being used in limited ways - because he's limited.

If I didn't know who he is I'd say he's 33 years old, and on the way down based on his body.

If we go after him next year he's got to be put on a diet, agility, stretching program.

Glad we didn't go all in for this year at the deadline. With no Hayward we were undermanned to win it all, even if everything went right otherwise. With our two best players carrying pianos of different size/types, our manic defender/6th man probably out for the year and Theis out for the whole year (I just had a piece of floating meniscus removed from my right knee yesterday -nowhere near as bad as a tear which I had many years ago)

I doubt we win the ECF given what we will have to work with.
    Based on our recent turn of events with Smart and Theis going down and Hayward having no chance of returning I am forced to agree with this.

I think this team has a chance to go far in the playoffs but I am not sure I see us getting by Cleveland or a Toronto team that have home court advantage. Frankly not sure we can get past Indy the way they have played lately.

A huge factor here is the mid season slump of Tatum. Am I still excited about him for the future...YES....but he has simply not been the same player since early January. His 3 point shot is nowhere near as accurate as it had been the first 10 weeks of the season and he seems to be a little dinged up/slower to the hoop. And Kryie and Horford seem to be dinged up.

If we can somehow put a healthy team on the court by the 2nd round(assuming we get there) I do think we advance top face Toronto/Cleveland in ECF but I have little confidence we get past them...as of right now.

The take away here is the development of Rozier, Tatum and Jaylen Brown this year. All 3 have made massive steps forward and future looks bright when/if a healthy Hayward steps on the court next October...even if it wont be this year.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Based on our recent turn of events with Smart and Theis going down and Hayward having no chance of returning I am forced to agree with this.

I think this team has a chance to go far in the playoffs but I am not sure I see us getting by Cleveland or a Toronto team that have home court advantage. Frankly not sure we can get past Indy the way they have played lately.

A huge factor here is the mid season slump of Tatum. Am I still excited about him for the future...YES....but he has simply not been the same player since early January. His 3 point shot is nowhere near as accurate as it had been the first 10 weeks of the season and he seems to be a little dinged up/slower to the hoop. And Kryie and Horford seem to be dinged up.

If we can somehow put a healthy team on the court by the 2nd round(assuming we get there) I do think we advance top face Toronto/Cleveland in ECF but I have little confidence we get past them...as of right now.

The take away here is the development of Rozier, Tatum and Jaylen Brown this year. All 3 have made massive steps forward and future looks bright when/if a healthy Hayward steps on the court next October...even if it wont be this year.

Ummm in his last 9 games, Tatum is:

15.2/5.7/2.1 - better than his full season averages with shooting percentages barely below his averages. Pretty good for a guy with lagging teammates and more pressure to perform.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Ummm in his last 9 games, Tatum is:

15.2/5.7/2.1 - better than his full season averages with shooting percentages barely below his averages. Pretty good for a guy with lagging teammates and more pressure to perform.
    He seems to be over his mid season slump. He was way better in October to mid December. 3 point% is a huge factor in my opinion.

He has come out of his slump as of late though. Agreed.
    El Presidente

As far as drafted players that played for the C's, Tatum is the one I'm most avid about since Bird.

McHale was close, but as a sub with some big time guys in front of him it wasn't clear year 1 that he was a HOF.
    Jefferson looked like a force
    Rondo. Had promise, but weak team held him back, if his 2nd season was rookie year he'd be ahead of McHale.
    Walker had promise, but bad judgement dogged him, even then.
    Ainge was interesting but didn't quite deliver.
    PP saddled with bad team.
    Lewis seemed like a find based on where he was from and where drafted, but only in his last two years did he seem like a core top 3 talent.
    Brown - quick twitch athlete, fast, raw, not ready.

Tatum is the guy to me out of all of those years and picks.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

As far as drafted players that played for the C's, Tatum is the one I'm most avid about since Bird.

McHale was close, but as a sub with some big time guys in front of him it wasn't clear year 1 that he was a HOF.
    Jefferson looked like a force
    Rondo. Had promise, but weak team held him back, if his 2nd season was rookie year he'd be ahead of McHale.
    Walker had promise, but bad judgement dogged him, even then.
    Ainge was interesting but didn't quite deliver.
    PP saddled with bad team.
    Lewis seemed like a find based on where he was from and where drafted, but only in his last two years did he seem like a core top 3 talent.
    Brown - quick twitch athlete, fast, raw, not ready.

Tatum is the guy to me out of all of those years and picks.
    I have high hopes for him. He has the potential to be a superstar IMO.
    El Presidente

https://twitter.com/tvabby/status/978492529904533506

Good sign that the injury wasn't as bad as expected, but damn... This team can't catch a break...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Tatum after a couple seasons of hitting the weights. He has the potential to be a beast attacking the rim if he can put on some bulk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12