Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neil Walker to Yanks

Close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll fill that spot nicely.

1 year 5 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting 3B for the year, or at the very least, splitting time with Andujar and filling in days off across the infield. Not a bad signing especially this late.

So long as he stays healthy, this is a good aigning.

Yankees really donít need him though lol

Brian Cashman has had one hell of an offseason. The Yankees have a ridiculous of amount of depth in their lineup.

I understand Andujar has defensive liabilities but I would have given him 3rd base to start the season. Obviously Andujar starts the season in AAA now but what happens to Gleyber Torres if they have Drury as their OD 2nd baseman? I dont see them platooning him.

Gleyber when ready, will have any infield position he wishes
    #BringBackMatty

Good signing imo
    #BringBackMatty

He and Drury can start out of the year at 2B and 3B, and then as their pups play, they can force themselves as replacements.

This is a great fit and a great signing for the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Starting 3B for the year, or at the very least, splitting time with Andujar and filling in days off across the infield. Not a bad signing especially this late.
    Drury will be OD 3B I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Drury will be OD 3B I imagine.
    Yes. Walker will play 2B

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He and Drury can start out of the year at 2B and 3B, and then as their pups play, they can force themselves as replacements.

This is a great fit and a great signing for the Yanks.
    Yup exactly. People in our forum freaking out that the kids are blocked. Walker is a one year deal. Drury is long-term but with his versatility to play 2B or 3B and at least elementary experience at 1B/COF he would figure to function well as a super sub type should some combination of Torres/Andujar/Wade/Estrada claim 2B and 3B.

This obviously blocks them short-term but long-term those guys still have a clear path to playing time. It just gives us pretty much no holes on paper. The bullpen is stacked. The rotation has question marks but so do most teams - on paper it's a good starting 5. The lineup is pretty proven except for Bird - and if Walker/Drury/Bird is #7-9 I'd say that's proven enough in such low spots in the lineup.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

as a yankee fan i'm ok with this

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Yup exactly. People in our forum freaking out that the kids are blocked. Walker is a one year deal. Drury is long-term but with his versatility to play 2B or 3B and at least elementary experience at 1B/COF he would figure to function well as a super sub type should some combination of Torres/Andujar/Wade/Estrada claim 2B and 3B.

This obviously blocks them short-term but long-term those guys still have a clear path to playing time. It just gives us pretty much no holes on paper. The bullpen is stacked. The rotation has question marks but so do most teams - on paper it's a good starting 5. The lineup is pretty proven except for Bird - and if Walker/Drury/Bird is #7-9 I'd say that's proven enough in such low spots in the lineup.
    Nobody is being blocked. You just aren't over relying on rookies to break out for the team to compete. It's the perfect strategy. Let the prospects force their way into the lineups. Instead of just throwing them out there. Prospects fail too often to just rely on them if you are a contending team. Stop gaps like this are ideal.

Drury could fail. Drury could break out. It was a worthy risk. He can also play multiple positions if prospects force him out of a job. He can also be traded or optioned if necessary.

These are smart moves.

Yankees just have great depth now IMO. You look at the starters:

C Sanchez
    1B Bird
    2B Walker
    3B Drury
    SS Didi
    LF Gardner
    CF Hicks
    RF Judge
    DH Stanton

Hicks and Bird have shown flashes but not consistent. Drury is semi-proven... not as a great player but someone who is good enough to hit in the bottom of lineup at least. The other 6 I think are pretty established.

Behind them we have Adam Lind who's a good bench player. Ellsbury is way overpaid but I'd say he's a very solid 4th OF if you just look at how good he is and ignore that he's grossly overpaid. Wade snuck onto top 100 lists last year. Andujar/Frazier/Torres are all top prospects. Billy McKinney is an OF with bench player potential that's learning 1B. Torreyes was a fine enough utility guy last year.

I'd love if we could find a backup catcher though.That's the only spot I'd say we're bad at.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast