Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He loves to avoid adding that moose also costs a draft pick and international signing money. I guess UNK forgot to tell him.
    i rather they let andujar play at third.. they have to know what he is.. so they can make a decision on machado next year... if they get machado it's a moot point.. but if they are not interested in him.. play andujar.. unless he is really bad in the field.. drury does not impress me with his 15 home runs 60 rbi's;; he averages the last 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i rather they let andujar play at third.. they have to know what he is.. so they can make a decision on machado next year... if they get machado it's a moot point.. but if they are not interested in him.. play andujar.. unless he is really bad in the field.. drury does not impress me with his 15 home runs 60 rbi's;; he averages the last 2 years...
    With Drury and Walker BLOCKING two pups the Yankees have decided that they are not ready to play everyday like Sanchez and Judge did last year as rookies.

Andujar and Torres will get play everyday but at AAA. And with Machado a free agent and Harper a free agent the Yankees if NEEDED could trade Andujar and Frazier at the deadline to bolster their 25 man roster and can rely on offering the most $$$$$ to get Machado to play 3rd. And if Frazier is gone they could also sign Harper and put Stanton at DH with Harper in Left, Judge in right and Florial in CF for the 2019 campaign.

Randy Levine will no doubt talk Hal into signing both Harper and Machado IF the Yankees do not do well in 2018.

And Frazier and Andujar could land Cole Hamels as well.

Exciting Times ahead!
    Nick

1998 Yankees 51-18 ---

2018 Yankees 47-22 4

Cole Hamels ? Are you serious ? Cole Hamels ?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I'm all for the youth movement. But last year's playoff success turned us back into win-now mode and cashman is a guy that never really trusts younger players. I think if we had lost the wild card game the expectations might've been much lower.
    Good points.

I posted in another thread that this also opens the possibility of the Yankees moving on from Didi next year. It's entirely possible that they decide to let Torres take over at SS. Stick wade at second and let the chips fall for third, be it Andujar, Drury or Machado

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Good points.

I posted in another thread that this also opens the possibility of the Yankees moving on from Didi next year. It's entirely possible that they decide to let Torres take over at SS. Stick wade at second and let the chips fall for third, be it Andujar, Drury or Machado
    If we don't win it all this year or take a step back next year anything is possible. We will no longer be looking at getting below the 197 mark and could go for Machado or Harper. But I think they really like Didi. His defense is excellent, he's an above average offensive player at his position, and he has good chemistry with the team. If I'm the yankees I would offer Didi an extension now with the market being so bad. Maybe he'll sign a cheaper deal after looking at whats happening with free agents.

I don't think Walker's one year deal will cause any trades next year. It's definitely possible IMO that they move on from Didi and leave Torres at SS but I don't think that has anything to do with Walker.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think Walker's one year deal will cause any trades next year. It's definitely possible IMO that they move on from Didi and leave Torres at SS but I don't think that has anything to do with Walker.
    it is more likely torres is a bust or they trade him then moving on from a sure thing in didi...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    If we don't win it all this year or take a step back next year anything is possible. We will no longer be looking at getting below the 197 mark and could go for Machado or Harper. But I think they really like Didi. His defense is excellent, he's an above average offensive player at his position, and he has good chemistry with the team. If I'm the yankees I would offer Didi an extension now with the market being so bad. Maybe he'll sign a cheaper deal after looking at whats happening with free agents.
    I agree. I would love to sign him long term. I hope he ends his career here. It was just a thought regarding how they might envision the future infield.

With that said, as much as I love Didi, I still can't believe we traded Greene for hm

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Id honestly be shocked if Didi isnt here for a long time. Besides his on-field play, the fact that the FO pulled off one of the biggest steals in recent memory, and the guy has been a near perfect fit, Id doubt hes going anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Id honestly be shocked if Didi isnt here for a long time. Besides his on-field play, the fact that the FO pulled off one of the biggest steals in recent memory, and the guy has been a near perfect fit, Id doubt hes going anywhere..
    No doubt, I don't think Didi is going anywhere for a while.

I was 100 percent good with Torres and Andujar starting this year as our 2nd and 3rd baseman but walker and Drury are very good players especially for there price. Id rather bring guys up to be the saviors then to have to bench or send guys down.

After considering this move a bit, I'm of the opinion its a solid depth move. The only one who gets hurt here is Adam Lind. Walker becomes the de facto back-up 1B back-up and fights it out with Wade for the starting job (or becomes part of some sort of platoon). Torres gets a half season in the minors to get his rhythm back. Right now, I believe Wade has the upper hand due to his speed and defensive range.

I still think Andujar is in the lead for the 3B job and Drury becomes another super utility guy that gives you a great every day option if Andujar's defense becomes problematic. Right now, it seems fine and his bat is just too much of an impact to turn a blind eye. The only caveat here is maybe he's kept in AAA for a month to extend his service time. That would be a wise thing to do.

The bench becomes: Romine, Walker, Drury, Ellsbury, and whoever you consider as your DH.

The next question which comes to mind is how long you can keep Ellsbury taking up a 25 man roster spot. Frazier and McKinney are in a position to put a lot of pressure on that decision with a hot start in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    After considering this move a bit, I'm of the opinion its a solid depth move. The only one who gets hurt here is Adam Lind. Walker becomes the de facto back-up 1B back-up and fights it out with Wade for the starting job (or becomes part of some sort of platoon). Torres gets a half season in the minors to get his rhythm back. Right now, I believe Wade has the upper hand due to his speed and defensive range.

I still think Andujar is in the lead for the 3B job and Drury becomes another super utility guy that gives you a great every day option if Andujar's defense becomes problematic. Right now, it seems fine and his bat is just too much of an impact to turn a blind eye. The only caveat here is maybe he's kept in AAA for a month to extend his service time. That would be a wise thing to do.

The bench becomes: Romine, Walker, Drury, Ellsbury, and whoever you consider as your DH.

The next question which comes to mind is how long you can keep Ellsbury taking up a 25 man roster spot. Frazier and McKinney are in a position to put a lot of pressure on that decision with a hot start in AAA.
    wade was terrible last year..wade to me is a platoon player he can't hit lefty pitchers...

i hope they do not send andujar down that would really piss me off...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    wade was terrible last year..wade to me is a platoon player he can't hit lefty pitchers...
    Wade barely played and he doesn't have a platoon split in the minors so it is stupid to say he can't hit lefties.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast