Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yankees sign Neil Walker

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...18231136784384

Kind of a big deal. I really like it. I wanted walker over Drury to begin with. Walker is a lefty with some pop and gets on base. He will be a really nice addition to the lineup. I think when Torres is ready Drury goes into a super utility role.

The only loser here is wade because he was the leading candidate to win the starting 2nd base job. Other than that this is a win win situation for us. He's a solid hitter, has some pop and has an excellent on base percentage, and he bats from the left side. Plus we're likely getting him on a one year deal of pennies on the dollar.

Torres doesn't seem ready right now. This gives us time to let him work on some things and get ready and it gives us an extra year of control. Once Torres is ready for the majors we'll have several options. Walker can play 2B, 3B, and 1B, we we can turn him into a utility player if we wanted to. He could be a better version of Torreyes. Or he could be a major trade chip at the trade deadline. There could be a team in need of an infielder due to injuries and there will always be teams trying to add more offense at the trade deadline.

Walker is OK, but why bother. I agree that it might mean the end of Torreyes and that Yankees want Torres to start season in AAA and possibly Andujar, as well.

Could also indicate that we are trading some of our assets for a pitcher. Andujar for Archer? Let's start some rumors. LOL.

Neil Walker is actually a switch-hitter, but he is wayyyyy better as a LH vs RHP than he is RH against LHP (especially his splits last year).

I have a feeling Boone is gonna go with these two different lineups.

VS RHP:

- Brett Gardner [LF]
    - Aaron Judge [RF]
    - Greg Bird [1B]
    - Giancarlo Stanton [DH]
    - Didi Gregorius [SS]
    - Gary Sanchez [C]
    - Neil Walker [2B]
    - Brandon Drury [3B]
    - Aaron Hicks [CF]

vs LHP:

- Aaron Hicks [CF]
    - Aaron Judge [RF]
    - Giancarlo Stanton [LF]
    - Greg Bird [1B]
    - Gary Sanchez [DH]
    - Miguel Andujar [3B]
    - Didi Gregorius [SS]
    - Austin Romine [C]
    - Ronald Torreyes / Tyler Wade / Gleyber Torres [2B]

Solid signing. Like it. Opens up a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Walker is OK, but why bother. I agree that it might mean the end of Torreyes and that Yankees want Torres to start season in AAA and possibly Andujar, as well.

Could also indicate that we are trading some of our assets for a pitcher. Andujar for Archer? Let's start some rumors. LOL.
    The Yankees should stay clear of Archer. He's gone south the last two years. And his ERA is gone north. He's a big K's guy and is an innings eater but puts his team behind early in games. He's lost 31 games over the last two years. In Yankee stadium the fans on the other side of the fence will love all the golfer balls.
    I knew after a couple of weeks of seeing the rookies the Yankees would make a move or two. They are primed to win now and couldn't trust the two kids and Bird to contribute. Lind is the backup plan for Bird and Drury and Walker now step in to replace the kids. Not seeing either of them contributing much this year . Maybe a cup of coffee in sept. Smart move again
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    The Yankees should stay clear of Archer. He's gone south the last two years. And his ERA is gone north. He's a big K's guy and is an innings eater but puts his team behind early in games. He's lost 31 games over the last two years. In Yankee stadium the fans on the other side of the fence will love all the golfer balls.
    I knew after a couple of weeks of seeing the rookies the Yankees would make a move or two. They are primed to win now and couldn't trust the two kids and Bird to contribute. Lind is the backup plan for Bird and Drury and Walker now step in to replace the kids. Not seeing either of them contributing much this year . Maybe a cup of coffee in sept. Smart move again
    I don't agree with the last part. Torres especially will get a chance this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't agree with the last part. Torres especially will get a chance this year.
    don't like the move at all along with drury .. seems they don't wan't to give andujar and torres a chance this year

if your going to send torres down then move drury to second and play andujar at third.. andujar a much better hitter then neil walker...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    don't like the move at all along with drury .. seems they don't wan't to give andujar and torres a chance this year
    When Torres is ready he will be up and play every day. A one year deal for Walker will not block him. Don't be so ****ing dense all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    We kind of knew that the yankees weren't going to trust two rookies in the infield, we just didn't think that they were going to send BOTH Andujar and Torres down. If this was last year they might've put both on the opening day roster, but last year's success has made put us back into the win-now mode.

This takes the pressure off Andujar and Torres and lets them develop a little bit more and gives us more service time on them. Out of those two I believe Torres has a good chance of either making the majors this year or next year. Andujar unfortunately is expendable after the acquisition of Drury . He has raised his stock a lot and cashman might take advantage of that and include him in a trade as the center piece. We are probably an ACE type pitcher away from making all the way. So we'll likely have to give up a couple of our top prospects. Andujar & Frazier are the likely candidates to be traded. The yankees want to hold on to Torres and Florial.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I don''t like it. If it was him and not Drury, sure, it makes a bunch of sense but both of them just took over 2nd and 3rd.

The youth movement just went bye-bye

I don't consider Brid 25, sanchez 25 and judge 26 (in a month) to be youth moves.
    I think it's BS. Now I'm worried a trade of a bunch of young promising talent is looming

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    We kind of knew that the yankees weren't going to trust two rookies in the infield, we just didn't think that they were going to send BOTH Andujar and Torres down. If this was last year they might've put both on the opening day roster, but last year's success has made put us back into the win-now mode.

This takes the pressure off Andujar and Torres and lets them develop a little bit more and gives us more service time on them. Out of those two I believe Torres has a good chance of either making the majors this year or next year. Andujar unfortunately is expendable after the acquisition of Drury . He has raised his stock a lot and cashman might take advantage of that and include him in a trade as the center piece. We are probably an ACE type pitcher away from making all the way. So we'll likely have to give up a couple of our top prospects. Andujar & Frazier are the likely candidates to be traded. The yankees want to hold on to Torres and Florial.
    if the yanks have no intention of andujar being the third baseman of the future.. then it's all aboard for machado after this season.. what happens to drury once the yanks get machado next season.. trade him...
    Last edited by johnny ny; 03-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    When Torres is ready he will be up and play every day. A one year deal for Walker will not block him. Don't be so ****ing dense all the time.

neil walker is washed up production wise.. and he can't even stay healthy on the field the last 2 years.. for the money they gave walker.. they should have went after mouse ..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    neil walker is washed up production wise.. and he can't even stay healthy on the field the last 2 years.. for the money they gave walker.. they should have went after mouse ..
    Moose doesn't play 2B

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast