Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I had BKN as my favorite to give Randle a big offer cause of A) their need for a starting PF and B) his relationship with DLO. I also thought that BKN would appeal to Randle cause it seems they're undisciplined on the court and could pretty much do whatever they wanted. At the beginning of the season I didn't think Carslile disciplined coaching would appeal to Randle.

These last few months to me it seems Randle had changed his attitude towards the game. I think he would welcome a coach like Carslile now.

If all things being equal and he were to choose BKN over Dallas, to me it would make me think he was only about the money this season.
    He is absolutely about the money and i dont blame him. I love him bully ball style and he is pretty good at switch defense and holding his own on the perimeter, hes going to make some money this summer. I hope other teams pass on him so we can offer a fair deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    This is so good, that guy puts in good work to dumb down statistics for anyone to understand. Randle has turned the corner, I would pay the man.
    nope

lol

At this point it just depends on the money and who else we sign ( or likely dont sign) I mean i dont wanna give him a max but if there's no one else out there we can get, how can we just let him walk? He's a big part of our improvement this year.

Maybe a sign and trade i guess?

I like the thought of a sign and trade too.... OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    nope
    on the real what is your max #?

Well I got a question for everyone, do you think Randle can be better than what he is right now or is this going to be his peak?

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Well I got a question for everyone, do you think Randle can be better than what he is right now or is this going to be his peak?
    He's averaging 16/8/2.5 on just 27 mins... per 36 mins he's around 22/10.5/3.5, that's pretty good. He's become a willing passer and based on the leap he took from last year to this year it would be hard to say he's at his peak... I don't think he can take another leap like he has, but he's steadily improved all year so until that progression stops it's hard to say he peaked.

I would pay him 15-20 mil and lock him in for 4 years. Hopefully the cap increases steadily so that years 3-4 are more equivalent to 10-15 mil in today's market. I think he could be moved easily if we ever needed to do so.

I would do 20million also.

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    He is absolutely about the money and i dont blame him. I love him bully ball style and he is pretty good at switch defense and holding his own on the perimeter, hes going to make some money this summer. I hope other teams pass on him so we can offer a fair deal.
    My bad I didn't explain myself correctly. Of course he's about the money and I don't blame him either. I've never bad mouthed any person for getting the most money they can get. Just don't complain about the job.

What I meant to say was, what's more important to Randle - (I did say all things being equal, money-wise) becoming the best player he could be or just getting paid and not having to put in the work to become the best player he could be.

I believe Carslile is a top 5 coach in the NBA. He gets the most out of his players. They overachieve but they got to put in that work. Carslile would be a great coach for Randle to reach his potential. Can't say the same about the Nets coach. And to be fair I don't know squat about Atkinson. Don't follow Nets at all but just looking at the players they're bringing in DLO & Okafor - players putting in work can't be high on their list of priorities. If Randle were to decide to go to Brooklyn over Dallas (with equal contract offers) that would tell me about the type of player/man Randle is.

Not saying I want him to go anywhere, just saying if he were to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    He's averaging 16/8/2.5 on just 27 mins... per 36 mins he's around 22/10.5/3.5, that's pretty good. He's become a willing passer and based on the leap he took from last year to this year it would be hard to say he's at his peak... I don't think he can take another leap like he has, but he's steadily improved all year so until that progression stops it's hard to say he peaked.

I would pay him 15-20 mil and lock him in for 4 years. Hopefully the cap increases steadily so that years 3-4 are more equivalent to 10-15 mil in today's market. I think he could be moved easily if we ever needed to do so.
    That 16/8 would be very close to 20/10 if he wasn't being dicked around for the 15 or so games. Even without a jump shot we got a 20/10 PF. He's also the only player we got that keeps other teams from just biotch slapping the rest of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    on the real what is your max #?
    I will match almost anything if we don't get the top tier FA's because it will only be a 4 year deal ... I assume we could move him pretty easily if we want to at the trade deadline next season so it wouldn't be that big of risk...

If he wants 20 a year I tell him it is only a 3 year deal...

I would like to see it come in around the level of a deng deal 4/72 or just slightly higher

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post

agree with all of this ... the other thing people tend to not factor in on his stats is the pace of play the Lakers play at ... they are second in the league in possessions per game behind only the GSW...

I don't know if he thrives as well in a Dallas system which grinds out possessions ... they rank near the bottom of the league in 26th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...sions-per-game

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Unless he expands his shooting range I doubt he can get much better than he is right now...

Also, not that it matters for this next contract, but his physical type of play won't age well...

If he really wants to play another 12 years in this league he needs to add a 3 to his game otherwise this will probably be his only big contract and the next one will be an MLE type deal

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I will match almost anything if we don't get the top tier FA's because it will only be a 4 year deal ... I assume we could move him pretty easily if we want to at the trade deadline next season so it wouldn't be that big of risk...

If he wants 20 a year I tell him it is only a 3 year deal...

I would like to see it come in around the level of a deng deal 4/72 or just slightly higher
    Gotta agree. I don't think Dallas offers anything higher than $18M per

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast