Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Re-signing Julius Randle

His greatest performance yet tonight. Proving that this team better not max LBJ -- I'd rather give one max slot to Julius and IT if a "split" is feasible.

Julius Randle is looking more and more like a 5-year / $90M contract guy if he could give the team a line of 16/11/4 per outing next year. Remainder to Isaiah Thomas for a 2-year contract with a TO on year 2.

After tonight's performance... I'd definitely Re-sign Randle and IT then go for 1 max player this offseason.

Zubac/Bryant
    Randle/Kuzma
    Ingram/Wear
    $$$/Hart
    Ball/Thomas

But how much are these two really worth? Your thoughts?

Im all for bringing back Randle

IT, depends on the price

talk about knee jerk reaction...

He had a great game against a team with no frontcourt (see Lopez's stats).

Let him hit RFA and see what happens.

100% against a 5 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    talk about knee jerk reaction...

He had a great game against a team with no frontcourt (see Lopez's stats).

Let him hit RFA and see what happens.

100% against a 5 year deal.

"We re-sign Randle [$70M/5yrs]" 4 days ago

*Has a 36/14/7 game*

"Let's give Randle a max"

I'll predict the future:

*Randle turns the ball over next game*

"Randle's game looks the same, out of control, I do not want him"

That's 95% of Laker fans for you there.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    "We re-sign Randle [$70M/5yrs]" 4 days ago

*Has a 36/14/7 game*

"Let's give Randle a max"

I'll predict the future:

*Randle turns the ball over next game*

"Randle's game looks the same, out of control, I do not want him"

That's 95% of Laker fans for you there.
    I like Randle and I know he was supposedly sick against Orlando but it is funny how much trouble he had with Gordon who can go toe to toe with him physically ...

he is a very nice player and could be a MWP type guy on a championship team but he definitely isn't a top 3 guy and doesn't deserve a max... although I would max him if it was only a 3 year deal knowing I could trade him later.

Meh. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he walks away. Keepers: Ingram and Ball. Everyone else? Disposable assets.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

I wanna keep him for sure. I'd not 5 year max him though. RFA you usually let the market set the price and go from there.

Everyone keeps sayin mavs (which could be true.) But i see them doing something really silly and offering DMC full max trying to steal a star whose value has fallen off. And then if that doesn't work then maybe goin for randle. Either way idk that the mavs would really offer randle the full max they can offer. Or anyone for that matter.

Did people want to max him? Hes obviously not worth that but I think people are willing to pay him more than what they originally wanted to based on his play over the past few weeks.

Btw, the only players to put up 36/14/7 in laker history are Baylor, Magic, worthy, Shaq, Pau, Kobe.....

And now Randle. So thats pretty cool.

Anyway, If Randle had a good jump shot, I would give him the max and I think it would be well deserved. But as is, he is a very nice piece to a championship roster. Like a 3rd or 4th option realistically.
    Last edited by Hangin n Wangin; 03-12-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Yeah he needs to get that jumper. Even a 12-15 footer would really help his game
    That charge he got when he hit lebron dude had a wide open free throw line jumper but drove straight to the hoop. Bron knew he exactly where he was goin cuz he aint got a jumper. If he had it people would have to at least think about possibly closin out on him inst3ad of camping in the late waiting for him to plow right into em

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Yeah he needs to get that jumper. Even a 12-15 footer would really help his game
    That charge he got when he hit lebron dude had a wide open free throw line jumper but drove straight to the hoop. Bron knew he exactly where he was goin cuz he aint got a jumper. If he had it people would have to at least think about possibly closin out on him inst3ad of camping in the late waiting for him to plow right into em
    Exactly. And thats why he will not get the max or should. He had 3 years to develop a jumper and has not. That should be the first item discussed in his contract negotiations from the FO this offseason. Like Vinyl said. We will let the market dictate what he will get. Unless we have to clear up his cap hold. But that is a different discussion.

we should only go after 1 max free agent and that is paul george. we should keep randle sign george and fill out our bench

Id love to know JRs thought process. Does he want to stay or is he auditioning for a big pay day? Hes not a max guy but I agree with everyone on the developing some range. Id go over the cap to keep him, but not ridiculously so.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Id love to know JRs thought process. Does he want to stay or is he auditioning for a big pay day? Hes not a max guy but I agree with everyone on the developing some range. Id go over the cap to keep him, but not ridiculously so.
    My guess from the "pay me" shirt he wore, he wants to get paid. I imagine he would like to stay here and get paid but if someone offered him max or near it hed likely go there regardless (esp if its Dallas his home town) cuz he thinks he's worth the max. And a guy like him can really put up his kind of numbers anywhere he goes cuz he doesn't rely on others to get his he goes and gets it himself. Hes got time to worry about winning later hes still young and wants to get paid.

I've said it numerous of times, if we need time to maximize our cap space then I'm all for offering Randle a 5th year as long as he waits till the FO is done making all the moves that need to be done. I'm not at all against a 5 year $100 million deal. That is not max. His max would be something like 5 year $130 million or more.

In two years the cap is projected to again have a major leap to $120 million. That's $19 million more then this summer. His $20 million per year would be equivalent to like 14-15 today. And don't think that Randle and his agent don't know this and aren't gonna bring it up in negotiations. Lakers have a chance to lock up Randle under this summer salary cap right before it booms again.

Lot of guys here are quick to point out GS for everything, a big reason why GS got to where they are today cause they were able to lock up Thompson and Green right before the cap went way up. We got a chance to do the same thing with Randle.

The FO could stretch Deng, renounce the rights to every free agent with the exception of Randle, sign LeBron, then George, then use Randle's bird rights to go over the cap. I did the math on this yesterday, it barely works but it works.

Ball/???/???
    George/Hart/???
    Ingram/???/???
    Lebron/Kuzma/???
    Randle/Zubac/Bryant

At this point, the Lakers could then use the Cleveland pick and the Denver 2nd round pick to fill in two spots. They would have the full MLE and minimums to fill out the rest. I would use the Cleveland pick on Holliday (UCLA homer) and the 2nd round pick on a defensive wing. Use the MLE on a wing-shooter and then maybe a couple vet minimum guys that LeBron wants.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast