Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sources: Kawhi coming back Thursday

We could see Kawhi Leonard play basketball for the Spurs this week:
    The plan for Leonard to return is barring a setback from a right quad injury, sources told ESPN. He said earlier this week that he planned to return "soon" from the injury, which has kept him out of all but nine games so far this season.
    - ESPN
    What do you think this does for the Spurs? If Kawhi works and plays himself into shape by the playoffs, is San Antonio a threat?

If he comes back to 80% they can can take down the Rockets rather easily. Stick him on Harden and let the rest of the spurs eat the rockets alive.

Also like Portlands chances vs. the dubs. Wouldn't be shocked to see SAS vs. POR in the WC Finals . Don't @ me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    If he comes back to 80% they can can take down the Rockets rather easily. Stick him on Harden and let the rest of the spurs eat the rockets alive.

Also like Portlands chances vs. the dubs. Wouldn't be shocked to see SAS vs. POR in the WC Finals . Don't @ me.

This is moronic. The Rockets played the Spurs with Kawhi earlier this season and kicked the crap out of them. The series was insanely close last season with essentially the same Spurs roster and an inferior Houston roster. To assume they would "take down the Rockets rather easily" is ignorant and insulting. Could the Spurs win? Sure. But they shouldn't be favored in that series, and if they did win, it would go to at least 6-7 games.

Also, regarding Portland and the Warriors, did you forget how that played out last season? Or is your short-term memory really that bad?

Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This is moronic. The Rockets played the Spurs with Kawhi earlier this season and kicked the crap out of them. The series was insanely close last season with essentially the same Spurs roster and an inferior Houston roster. To assume they would "take down the Rockets rather easily" is ignorant and insulting. Could the Spurs win? Sure. But they shouldn't be favored in that series, and if they did win, it would go to at least 6-7 games.

Also, regarding Portland and the Warriors, did you forget how that played out last season? Or is your short-term memory really that bad?
    You don't need to respond to trolling.

On second thought, it might be a closer series than I thought. I'd say Rocks and Dubs in 6 probably. I was giving Kawhi too much credit.

Don't let the Blazers two game winning streak vs the Dubs fool you, they don't stand a chance vs a healthy Warriors in a 7 game series.

This is how I know you donít watch west basketball. Houston will dominate Spurs with or without Leonard. The guard play is night vs day between the 2 teams. The spurs are too old and slow for the Rockets.

Portland stands no chance vs GS I donít even know how you think that

In fairness, kicking the crap out of a Spurs team with a hobbled Kawhi (on a minutes restriction) while trying to gain some chemistry as a team due to a bunch of other injuries/returns is nowhere near the same as a potentially healthy Kawhi with an in sync unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    This is how I know you donít watch west basketball. Houston will dominate Spurs with or without Leonard. The guard play is night vs day between the 2 teams. The spurs are too old and slow for the Rockets.

Portland stands no chance vs GS I donít even know how you think that
    Lillard and cj will give gsw problems. They can out up 90 vs gsw themselves. I tend to agree with you on Houston.

I retract that statement.

Lillard and cj will give gsw problems. They can out up 90 vs gsw themselves. I tend to agree with you on Houston.

I retract that statement.
    They can put up 90 but if no one else on their squad can score they won't win cause Steph and KD can both drop that as well (more efficiently too) . O and so can Klay. And Draymond if you forget had a hell of a series against them 2 years ago when Curry was out injured. He stepped up offensive big time. The Blazers can steal a game maybe 2 but they won't really push the warriors. Only the Rockets and a healthy Spurs can do that in the west.

Rox are improved for sure. BUt with Harden and Cp's teams' track record in the playoffs, being skeptical isn't wrong in this circumstance.

Not a chance Portland goes to the WCF. You take them away from home they are lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixers3Fan View Post
    Not a chance Portland goes to the WCF. You take them away from home they are lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you're saying at minimum they'll force a game 7?

So you're saying at minimum they'll force a game 7?
    As of now they are the 3 seed and will be playing the T-wolves. Lillard can only do so much. Yea I guess you can say the Wolves can force a game 7 if the Blazers take care of business and win on the road.

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Rockets better avoid SA at all costs come PO time. They don't want any of that match up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast