Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PSD Home Page: Cousins to Vikes $27mill anually

Seeing that PSD is supporting the source, all-the-while not the direct soruce, this has to be true, right? Otherwise PSD is spreading fake news.

NFL free agency has even started. Teams canít negotiate with impending free agents until Monday. So how are we even hearing reports of players heading to specific teams? Well, the NFL has not done a tremendous job keeping teams in check in this regard. The plethora of reports linking Kirk Cousins to the Minnesota Vikings is the latest example of this.

Now, according to SiriusXM Radioís Adam Caplan (h/t Zig Fracassi of the same outlet), indications are that Cousins will sign a free agent deal with Minnesota once the market opens up on Wednesday. Said deal is expected to value Cousin at $27-plus million per season.

If thatís the terms of the deal, it would put Cousins in Jimmy Garoppolo territory. Previous reports suggested that he was looking at a three-year deal with $90 million, all guaranteed (more on that here).
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ly-504187.html

It was reported elsewhere before PSD linked a story from Yardbarker to their homepage.

PROCESSING

I've got to say this story does reflect a sad element of modern news media ... the first sentence is wrong, how can nobody have caught that? I spent some years as an editor and really dumb errors like that just jump out at me.

It's not fake news when it's written in a speculative tone, it's just gossip.

The headline is not the story it's written that way to hopefully get people to click on the story, but reading the story makes it clear it is still speculation. A headline by itself is not enough to call something "fake news". It's unfortunate that headlines are so often deceptive, but that has been true literally for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've got to say this story does reflect a sad element of modern news media ... the first sentence is wrong, how can nobody have caught that? I spent some years as an editor and really dumb errors like that just jump out at me.

The headline is not the story it's written that way to hopefully get people to click on the story, but reading the story makes it clear it is still speculation. A headline by itself is not enough to call something "fake news". It's unfortunate that headlines are so often deceptive, but that has been true literally for centuries.
    Shouldn't PSD have a better content filter?

I mean they have posted some outrageous stories. I wanna say in 2016 they had one that said "Wilson out for season" or something and he didn't even miss a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

I see this every single day and I feel like a lot of these articles are typed on phones and don't go through an editor. Some of the errors I see are baffling and I cannot believe they get published as such.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I see this every single day and I feel like a lot of these articles are typed on phones and don't go through an editor. Some of the errors I see are baffling and I cannot believe they get published as such.
    That and IMO twitter killed journalism. No longer is it good to get the correct info out with sources. Now itís about the credit of being first.

Look at the Browns trades. Every tweet expanding upon the initial report said ďas first reported byĒ.

Then you got the incarcerated bobs of the world who say 100 things, gets 99 wrong, then acts as if the 1 makes them the greatest reporter in the world.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That and IMO twitter killed journalism. No longer is it good to get the correct info out with sources. Now itís about the credit of being first.

Look at the Browns trades. Every tweet expanding upon the initial report said ďas first reported byĒ.

Then you got the incarcerated bobs of the world who say 100 things, gets 99 wrong, then acts as if the 1 makes them the greatest reporter in the world.
    Yeah the race to be first is insane. Just yesterday some thieves tried a smash and grab at a jewelry store at a local mall and the security guard fired off a couple shots. I got a text from my wife who was waiting for a dentist appointment in another city who saw on fb that there was an active shooter at the Glendale mall. One check on Google and I (pun intended) shot that down. But several people in the mall took immediately to their SM accounts to be the first to break the fake news, more concerned for that than their own safety, apparently.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 03-11-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Journalism started the Spanish-American War, so it's not like it's new.

When a news organization is first and foremost interested in making a profit, then the results are sensationalist reporting and bias towards advertisers.

Is this really a PSD complaint thread... Who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yeah the race to be first is insane. Just yesterday some thieves tried a smash and grab at a jewelry store at a local mall and the security guard fired off a couple shots. I got a text from my wife who was waiting for a dentist appointment in another city who saw on fb that there was an active shooter at the Glendale mall. One check on Google and I (pun intended) shot that down. But several people in the mall took immediately to their SM accounts to be the first to break the fake news, more concerned for that than their own safety, apparently.
    Same thing happened to me a few years ago, since I run a store at a mall. Social media reported "shots fired" during Black Friday, when it was actually a fight where some heavy tables were thrown. One of my close friends immediately texted me from her job when a patient told her what they saw on social media, and I just had to laugh. All of that pandemonium and people leaving the mall because some people had to be "first" to report something fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Seeing that PSD is supporting the source, all-the-while not the direct soruce, this has to be true, right? Otherwise PSD is spreading fake news.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ly-504187.html
    It's a rumor.........though I don't expect you would say the same thing for MLBTR, who literally post everything and if they had a comparable story being run, I imagine they would have posted it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Same thing happened to me a few years ago, since I run a store at a mall. Social media reported "shots fired" during Black Friday, when it was actually a fight where some heavy tables were thrown. One of my close friends immediately texted me from her job when a patient told her what they saw on social media, and I just had to laugh. All of that pandemonium and people leaving the mall because some people had to be "first" to report something fake.
    Lol that is something else. People taking cover when they hear those tables droppin [emoji23]

yeesh, some of you don't understand how internet news feeds work....sites pick up feeds from aggregators and if they were all paying people enough to verify everything on those feeds they wouldn't need the feed in the first place
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    It wasn't a lot better before social media. I used to run a store in a mall myself back when the Rodney King verdict was announced back in '91. Some clown 'jokingly' mentioned 'bomb' and 'mall' on a local radio station...and suddenly security was clearing people out of the mall and the bomb squad was called in.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeesh, some of you don't understand how internet news feeds work....sites pick up feeds from aggregators and if they were all paying people enough to verify everything on those feeds they wouldn't need the feed in the first place
    This doesn't excuse the typos and terrible grammar that we see constantly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast