Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,808
    They donít use traditional tiebreakers for the lottery so our wins against the Nets are irrelevant.

    If we ended up with the same record, we would split the lottery odds for both seeds and then a coin flip would determine who gets the better position.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    39,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Mudiay finished that game out looking good but now no one talks about it...lol.

    Got to love Knicks fans
    I thought that last nite as well but crashed, long day lol

    Mudiay displayed everything Jeff has talked about in the 2nd half, and showed that he has potential.

    Anyone getting on Trey for 2 games of bad shooting are you watching? His shot is dead on target, form is there but just not going down, it happens.

    I mean Kemba shot 1-9 the other nite and others shot poorly as well guess they stink> No one is saying Trey is a top 5 or top 15 PG we are all hoping he becomes a cheap mans Lou Williams.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,014
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I thought that last nite as well but crashed, long day lol

    Mudiay displayed everything Jeff has talked about in the 2nd half, and showed that he has potential.

    Anyone getting on Trey for 2 games of bad shooting are you watching? His shot is dead on target, form is there but just not going down, it happens.

    I mean Kemba shot 1-9 the other nite and others shot poorly as well guess they stink> No one is saying Trey is a top 5 or top 15 PG we are all hoping he becomes a cheap mans Lou Williams.
    the problem is he brings little else and his scoring is very 1990's... no 3's, and on top of that no FT's. He lives and dies on the mid range shot and that's simply not a high % shot long term which is probably why he's a career 39% shooter.

    He's only hit 14 three's in 20 games and only 16 FT's... that's horrific and it means on nights when his shot is not falling he's not going to be a factor. The last 2 games he's a -25 out there.

    Small PG's that don't shoot 3's and don't get to the FT line and don't defend aren't going to be very effective unless you're talking 3rd string PG. His game reminds me of Ish Smith TBH. not sure if thats a good thing or bad but that's what it is.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,218
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Troy looked good. Mudiay was awful again but had another hot quarter.

    Burke is running into the problem I thought he would, he wasn't going to shoot 55% forever and now that the shot isn't falling he can't score since he doesn't shoot 3's or get to the line. So now he's taking 11 shots to score 9ppg the past 5 games and bringing little else.
    Sorry but Mudiay was not awful that game. He didn't start off well but got very aggressive to the rim and hit a bunch of midrange shots. I understand that he has been a disappointment to many fans here because I know you think we should have gotten John Wall in return for McDormett SMH.

    Put it to you this way, if Frank had a game like Mudiay had last night this thread would be jumping with enthusiasm right now.

    I just hope the Knicks don't screw up and draft another Pg in this draft. Team needs young athletic wings that play D and can create their own shots.

    As much as I like Sexton, Young, Duvall they are going to have the same struggles that Mudiay and Frank are having against NBA talent.
    Knicks fans are too impatient to develop a good PG which is the most difficult position on the floor. Mudiay in about 12 games has had at least 5 games which Frank hasn't been able to achieve all season long.

    Mudiay needs to be given the chance to work hard next to Frank and Burke all summer long and hopefully under a new coach can win the starting position in shape for next season.

    Mudiay / Burke
    Frank / Dotson
    Tim / Williams
    Knox / Hicks
    Kanter / KP(back by all-star game)

    That should be our lineup under a new coach for next season.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,380
    From what I've seen from Frank this year, I would not want him starting next year at the 1 or the 2. Backup, yes, starter, no.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Other than Kanter, there just aren't many bright spots on the court for the Knicks right now. Kanter is what I wish all Knicks would play like.

    Good job Williams and Perry. It's amazing what a little athleticism can bring. Knicks need an upgrade at just about every position with the exception of Kanter. The team is at rock bottom right now but I like how they continue to hustle and give it 100%, except Beasley..lol They just aren't good enough.
    This. I like Williams. If he can knock down shots consistently then he will have a place on this team. Can get to rim at will.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    10,915
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I thought that last nite as well but crashed, long day lol

    Mudiay displayed everything Jeff has talked about in the 2nd half, and showed that he has potential.

    Anyone getting on Trey for 2 games of bad shooting are you watching? His shot is dead on target, form is there but just not going down, it happens.

    I mean Kemba shot 1-9 the other nite and others shot poorly as well guess they stink> No one is saying Trey is a top 5 or top 15 PG we are all hoping he becomes a cheap mans Lou Williams.
    What is he doing with the hair thing? He looks like a ****ing homeless man. Braid the **** back up and start playing like you were playing bro. He looks like a fool out there.....is he trying to find himself....is he going through one of those mental health issues?

    Trey Burke is the best PG on the Knicks....he was being compared to AI days ago...now he's a ***....I see why Utah released him? No reason Burke and Beasley shouldn't be shining right now with KP out.

    Ron Baker
    $4,328,000
    $4,544,000

    Emmanuel Mudiay
    $3,381,480
    $4,294,479
    $5,758,897

    Frank Ntilikina
    $3,501,120
    $4,155,720
    $4,855,800
    $6,176,578
    $8,326,027

    Trey Burke
    $784,159

    That's a fact

    Kanter and OK has been solid all year long. I don't see a future starting PG on this roster.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    39,601
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    the problem is he brings little else and his scoring is very 1990's... no 3's, and on top of that no FT's. He lives and dies on the mid range shot and that's simply not a high % shot long term which is probably why he's a career 39% shooter.

    He's only hit 14 three's in 20 games and only 16 FT's... that's horrific and it means on nights when his shot is not falling he's not going to be a factor. The last 2 games he's a -25 out there.

    Small PG's that don't shoot 3's and don't get to the FT line and don't defend aren't going to be very effective unless you're talking 3rd string PG. His game reminds me of Ish Smith TBH. not sure if thats a good thing or bad but that's what it is.
    Can't agree here he can shoot the three, how do you think he kicked some butt in the G-league, you say games he played but you don't mention minutes?

    those 20 games he played under 10 min 8x, wouldn't you say hard to get a rhythm and hard to get up three's?

    played under 20 min and over 10 7x
    Played between 21 and 30 min 5x

    How in anyone's right mind can you judge a player with that much inconsistency of min and when 8x he played garbage time and dribbled out the clock?

    Why does Frank get excuses for playing 20 min and Trey gets it the other way when his average min per game is 16.5? that is less than half of the per 36 stats, and if you did the per 36 he would be close to 5 three's per game which isn't bad especially when they cover him tight, double him then he does what he is supposed to do drive to the basket, he's so quick he's not getting the fouls nor the calls yet.

    I think we are strongly picking here, lets get a bigger picture and then decide and only two bad shooting nights and one was 2-6, want me to show you allstars who have shot many games much worse?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,808
    We gotta stop reverting to the Trey-Frank comparisons. One is 25, the other is 19 and comes with all the other caveats of being a rook, from another country, and playing an 82-game schedule for the first time.

    This is coming from someone who likes Trey a lot and believes he should be starting. And someone who has been disappointed with Frank since the all-star break when he should have taken this opportunity for consistent minutes to provide some more flashes of potential and hasnít.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,014
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Can't agree here he can shoot the three, how do you think he kicked some butt in the G-league, you say games he played but you don't mention minutes?

    those 20 games he played under 10 min 8x, wouldn't you say hard to get a rhythm and hard to get up three's?

    played under 20 min and over 10 7x
    Played between 21 and 30 min 5x

    How in anyone's right mind can you judge a player with that much inconsistency of min and when 8x he played garbage time and dribbled out the clock?

    Why does Frank get excuses for playing 20 min and Trey gets it the other way when his average min per game is 16.5? that is less than half of the per 36 stats, and if you did the per 36 he would be close to 5 three's per game which isn't bad especially when they cover him tight, double him then he does what he is supposed to do drive to the basket, he's so quick he's not getting the fouls nor the calls yet.

    I think we are strongly picking here, lets get a bigger picture and then decide and only two bad shooting nights and one was 2-6, want me to show you allstars who have shot many games much worse?
    Trey hasn't hit 3's man or FT's for that matter, there's no way around it. He's been getting plenty of minutes of late and still is averaging only .6 made 3's the past 5 games and only 2 total made FT's during that stretch.

    Just saying no PG can succeed in this league that doesn't hit 3's or Ft''s and doesnt defend. i mean unless we're talking 3rd string guy here. You seem to be much higher than him than most and thats fine, but I don't think what he's doing is sustainable and my early worries about him are already coming to fruition. last 5 games shooting 40% and just extremely inefficient. for a guy that is offense only like Trey he simply needs to find other ways to score other than mid range jumpers. those are not sustainable.

    why even bring Frank up? that's just silly and you know better than to compare a 19 year rookie to a 25 year old vet. If Frank is playing like Burke in 6 years then he'll probably be out of the league.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We gotta stop reverting to the Trey-Frank comparisons. One is 25, the other is 19 and comes with all the other caveats of being a rook, from another country, and playing an 82-game schedule for the first time.

    This is coming from someone who likes Trey a lot and believes he should be starting. And someone who has been disappointed with Frank since the all-star break when he should have taken this opportunity for consistent minutes to provide some more flashes of potential and hasnít.
    agreed... its just beyond silly. If Frank is performing like Trey 6 years from now fine... but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    39,601
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Trey hasn't hit 3's man or FT's for that matter, there's no way around it. He's been getting plenty of minutes of late and still is averaging only .6 made 3's the past 5 games and only 2 total made FT's during that stretch.

    Just saying no PG can succeed in this league that doesn't hit 3's or Ft''s and doesnt defend. i mean unless we're talking 3rd string guy here. You seem to be much higher than him than most and thats fine, but I don't think what he's doing is sustainable and my early worries about him are already coming to fruition. last 5 games shooting 40% and just extremely inefficient. for a guy that is offense only like Trey he simply needs to find other ways to score other than mid range jumpers. those are not sustainable.

    why even bring Frank up? that's just silly and you know better than to compare a 19 year rookie to a 25 year old vet. If Frank is playing like Burke in 6 years then he'll probably be out of the league.

    So you are saying in such a small window and he did excel with larger minutes that he can't hit three's and FT's?

    So in the G-league for almost a full season he excelled in both, and you would rather use his time here than look at that?

    Please watch his form, his shot, his creating space and tell me there is something wrong? Sorry you won't get me changing my mind here. He can shoot.

    I compare players not age, who deserves and who doesn't. Time will tell and I root for each Knick unlike others who hope players actually play bad so their guy can step it up.

    It's sad but that has been the Knick fan mentality since way back when, I remember the Gallo vs Chandler threads, how crazy they were.......can't root for both and best man win?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,014
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So you are saying in such a small window and he did excel with larger minutes that he can't hit three's and FT's?

    So in the G-league for almost a full season he excelled in both, and you would rather use his time here than look at that?

    Please watch his form, his shot, his creating space and tell me there is something wrong? Sorry you won't get me changing my mind here. He can shoot.

    I compare players not age, who deserves and who doesn't. Time will tell and I root for each Knick unlike others who hope players actually play bad so their guy can step it up.

    It's sad but that has been the Knick fan mentality since way back when, I remember the Gallo vs Chandler threads, how crazy they were.......can't root for both and best man win?
    of course! Lots of players can put up numbers in the G league, the NBA is a totally different game.

    it's a small sample size here with us, but for his career he's never been one to get to the FT line or hit many 3's... he simplys relies on the mid range shot too much to succeed.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    39,601
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    of course! Lots of players can put up numbers in the G league, the NBA is a totally different game.

    it's a small sample size here with us, but for his career he's never been one to get to the FT line or hit many 3's... he simplys relies on the mid range shot too much to succeed.
    No Trey gets himself open he has not missed the last 2 games, lets repeat that the last 2 games lol, because of NBA defense, the guy gets himself completely open, why the G-league, the shots and three's are all the same and that is the area he improved drastically, I watched almost all the games and he shot after shot with guys in his face and clutch shots.

    No one is going to with a right mind tell me this kid can't shoot.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,014
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    No Trey gets himself open he has not missed the last 2 games, lets repeat that the last 2 games lol, because of NBA defense, the guy gets himself completely open, why the G-league, the shots and three's are all the same and that is the area he improved drastically, I watched almost all the games and he shot after shot with guys in his face and clutch shots.

    No one is going to with a right mind tell me this kid can't shoot.
    his mid range shot has been great this year, and he's clearly worked on it. he's shooting almost 60% on mid range shots... now that is probably not sustainable. Even the Durant's and Currys don't shoot midrange that well.

    So we are seeing that come back to earth a bit. but i just don't think he's going to succeed long term being a small, mid range shooting PG in today's game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •