Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 84

Thread: Browns Trades

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,557
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I think they were better off signing Allen Robinson instead of trading for Jarvis Landry
    I really like Landry for them because I think his game is conducive to helping a team that's weak at QB.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,877
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well 1 thatís bound to be a 40-45 pick difference. And 2 they are saying Gregg Williams didnít like his fit with the scheme.

    Likely because he wouldnít pay into bounties.
    the value of a 40 pick swing is a lot bigger when there's a year's difference, however.....

    my issue isn't that they traded the guy, it's that they didn't get value for him
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    824
    Would the Browns take Beckham for the first two rounds of their picks? Reunite him and Landry?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It's not as crazy as you're making it seem.

    I would not be surprised (depending on our remaining offseason) if this team can push 10 games next year. While we were 0-16, we absolutely hit rock bottom. We did as bad as we could do and we did it with a severely depleted roster. Simulate the 2017 season again (especially if healthy) and it's entirely possible we win 3 or 4 games instead of 0.

    Subtract the guy with the most total turnovers in the league in Kizer (22 interceptions, 6 fumbles lost)

    Then add Tyrod Taylor (4 interceptions, 2 fumbles lost)
    Jarvis Landry
    Josh Gordon (suspended most of year)
    Corey Coleman (injured most of year)
    Garrett (injured)
    Collins (injured)
    Thomas (injured)
    Ogbah (injured)

    add those guys for a full year, along with additional free agency options, the 1st and 4th round picks in the draft and 3 2nd round picks, continued development for our talented young guys (Peppers, Nassib, Ogunjobi, Shelton, Schobert, Njoku) and you got a team poised to make a huge turn-around.

    The 1-15 Miami Dolphins had a 10-game turn-around and went 11-5 the following year. Assuming full health (big assumption), it's not impossible for the Browns to make a similar kind of turn-around and be fighting for a wildcard.
    I can't see a 10 win season with Tyrod as the starter. He just isn't that good. The more he throws, the more he's exposed. He's being sold as the QB who broke the Buffalo playoff drought, but the reality is that the Bills broke the drought on the backs of an exceptional defense and one of the all-time great RBs in the league carrying their offense. They did it in spite of Tyrod, not because of him. He was putrid in games versus playoff teams and also late in games.

    Buffalo fans and press are mostly shocked that we got a 3rd for Tyrod, especially when it was believed that they were going to cut him anyway. He's a stopgap, like someone else had mentioned earlier in this thread. He's going to leave a lot of plays and points on the field because he just can't see them. He's going to frustrate the hell out of Browns fans. He can be exciting and he can be a real liability at the same time.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I can't see a 10 win season with Tyrod as the starter. He just isn't that good. The more he throws, the more he's exposed. He's being sold as the QB who broke the Buffalo playoff drought, but the reality is that the Bills broke the drought on the backs of an exceptional defense and one of the all-time great RBs in the league carrying their offense. They did it in spite of Tyrod, not because of him. He was putrid in games versus playoff teams and also late in games.

    Buffalo fans and press are mostly shocked that we got a 3rd for Tyrod, especially when it was believed that they were going to cut him anyway. He's a stopgap, like someone else had mentioned earlier in this thread. He's going to leave a lot of plays and points on the field because he just can't see them. He's going to frustrate the hell out of Browns fans. He can be exciting and he can be a real liability at the same time.
    14 TDs and 4 INTs sounds a helluva lot better than 11 TDs and 22 INTs if you ask me. And the weapons Tyrod will have with Gordon, Coleman, Landry, and Njoku has a chance to be better than any WR tandem Buffalo has had for Tyrod. Drafting Barkley would give the Browns a RB that could potentially mirror McCoy's talent. Buffalo does have a really good offensive line, though Cleveland's is pretty decent too.

    I hear ya though and I'm not saying you're wrong. It's possible we only win 4 or 5 games for whatever reason. I'm just being super optimistic and likely biased with seeing a 9-10 win ceiling for the Browns. Still, make no mistake about it: Browns fans KNOW what true frustration is at the QB position and there's no way Tyrod is worse than what we had last year, or [insert name] most QBs we've had since '99.
    The Baker is coming.


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    14 TDs and 4 INTs sounds a helluva lot better than 11 TDs and 22 INTs if you ask me. And the weapons Tyrod will have with Gordon, Coleman, Landry, and Njoku has a chance to be better than any WR tandem Buffalo has had for Tyrod. Drafting Barkley would give the Browns a RB that could potentially mirror McCoy's talent. Buffalo does have a really good offensive line, though Cleveland's is pretty decent too.

    I hear ya though and I'm not saying you're wrong. It's possible we only win 4 or 5 games for whatever reason. I'm just being super optimistic and likely biased with seeing a 9-10 win ceiling for the Browns. Still, make no mistake about it: Browns fans KNOW what true frustration is at the QB position and there's no way Tyrod is worse than what we had last year, or [insert name] most QBs we've had since '99.
    I hope for your sake and the rest of Browns fans that you guys build something there. Having seen all 17 years of missing the playoffs, I've come to root for a lot of the other hard luck teams like Detroit and Cleveland over those years. So, here's hoping the Browns are on their way.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    1,117
    Gordon, Landy, and most likely Barkley.

    Those are some big weapons, hats off to the Browns for trying to make things happen, instead of just sitting back and hoping for the best.

    Browns are looking more and more dangerous.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,041
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I really like Landry for them because I think his game is conducive to helping a team that's weak at QB.
    I mean I don't hate it especially since I think he will be WR2 with Gordon returning to form. I just don't like that Landry isnt much a deep threat

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Browns traded Kizer to GB... Aaron Rodgers to Denver confirmed lol
    I want this to happen. Karma for the Ted haters

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    4th and 7th, or nothing? Not sure what people thought he would net. He is on a tag this year for 15.9M and wants top 5 WR money in a new deal. So he pretty much wants what Evans just got. So did anyone think they would get something better than a 4th when the new team would have to give him 5 years 80M with 50M guaranteed in a new deal?
    I would have gave you Randall? Lol... We got hosed so bad

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    There needs to be more laughing at what green Bay did here..

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There needs to be more laughing at what green Bay did here..
    I don't know too much about Randall but there seems to be mixed feelings among Packers fans.

    We need a CB and FS in Cleveland so I'm hoping Randall can help in those areas. If we can manage to sign a CB in free agency then I'm happy. Draft Barkley/Mayfield in the 1st, and beef up the OL, DL, and LB in the 2nd round.

    What's your position on Randall?
    The Baker is coming.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I don't know too much about Randall but there seems to be mixed feelings among Packers fans.

    We need a CB and FS in Cleveland so I'm hoping Randall can help in those areas. If we can manage to sign a CB in free agency then I'm happy. Draft Barkley/Mayfield in the 1st, and beef up the OL, DL, and LB in the 2nd round.

    What's your position on Randall?
    The last half of the year he was really good. But he's had issues with coaching. He was worth more than we got IMO. By a lot. Lots of fans hate him and think he's flat out terrible but there's lots of stupid fans too lol

    Some people hated him since the draft because it was so left field.


    Got on PC because phone was lagging like hell. Basically he's been benched and taken it poorly, supposedly the vets wanted him cut. He's better in man, closer to the ball, in the slot, IMO but he can play outside fine and he's actually played more zone. He can make some ridiculous INTs at times. He's kind of streaky, that roller coaster corner. But like once he had a hurt shoulder and the team wanted him to play up tight but he was leaving cushions because he thought he knew better, **** like that. He's also a crazy party animal supposedly. Lots of wild stuff ends up, or used to, on his Snapchat.

    Overall an alright player to have, but with his issues. It's not that he couldn't be traded, but I hated what we got back, and we already needed to ADD corners, not get rid of them
    Last edited by Norm; 03-10-2018 at 10:01 PM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Yeah but Ted never did trades! This is a trade so it's awesome.

    This is what I've been afraid of. Dumbass luxury trades with players/positions we need.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want this to happen. Karma for the Ted haters
    It's such a stupid trade for GB. IDK what the **** they're thinking over there. They've been drinking too much Milwaukee's Best apparently.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •