Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I was seriously taken aback by Sedona. Some of the sights are unbelievable, like you're looking at a freaking painting.
    Agreed. Never thought Iíd be into the desert thing, but Sedona and Utah changed that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    San Jose
    Albuquerque
    Fort Worth (overshadowed by Dallas)
    El Paso
    Columbus
    Fresno
    Kansas City (except for the Royals and Chiefs)
    Jacksonville (except for the Jaguars)
    Phoenix (When referring to it, people just say "Arizona".)
    Indianapolis (except for the Colts)
    My sister lives in Indy and it's a fine city. Nothing more, nothing less. Columbus is basically the same to me.

Not terribly familiar with the rest. I don't care for Jacksonville, however. But I don't care for Florida as a whole, so...yeah.

I live in Pittsburgh which I think gets its due slightly more than those cities, though perhaps a little less than it should. I absolutely love it. Its standing has certainly been rehabbed but the coal/steel/poor/smog/whatever image many think of it as, and what it certainly was, still persists. That's all in the past. It's a booming healthcare/finance/tech city with strong colleges, a young population and some great natural scenery. Underrated foodie and beer city, too, with tons of unique and distinguishable neighborhoods.

The crown jewel of the Rust Belt, for whatever that's worth!
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    My sister lives in Indy and it's a fine city. Nothing more, nothing less. Columbus is basically the same to me.

Not terribly familiar with the rest. I don't care for Jacksonville, however. But I don't care for Florida as a whole, so...yeah.

I live in Pittsburgh which I think gets its due slightly more than those cities, though perhaps a little less than it should. I absolutely love it. Its standing has certainly been rehabbed but the coal/steel/poor/smog/whatever image many think of it as, and what it certainly was, still persists. That's all in the past. It's a booming healthcare/finance/tech city with strong colleges, a young population and some great natural scenery. Underrated foodie and beer city, too, with tons of unique and distinguishable neighborhoods.

The crown jewel of the Rust Belt, for whatever that's worth!
    You work for the chamber of commerce there?

I

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Agreed. Never thought Iíd be into the desert thing, but Sedona and Utah changed that for me.

We spent 5 days in Sedona and the weather during that time wasn't too extreme, although I live in the San Fernando Valley so I'm pretty used to the dry climates. However the day that we drove back we had to drive through a monsoon and that was one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed. I couldn't see more than 10 yards in front of us so we had to go super slow and you would see flashes of lightning strike the mountains around us and start fires all while it's coming down like God raining vengeance. Scary but plain awesome.

Also everyone should visit Big Sur if they ever get a chance. Go to Pfeiffer Beach, eat at Nepenthe, Point Lobos, much more

Pfeiffer Beach is a hidden slice of Heaven

Also everyone should visit Big Sur if they ever get a chance. Go to Pfeiffer Beach, eat at Nepenthe, Point Lobos, much more

If you swim through that tunnel you get free ice cream for life.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If you swim through that tunnel you get free ice cream for life.
    That water sure looks rough and choppy. I'm not sure I would possibly risk my life for ice cream. {LOL}

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I live in Pittsburgh which I think gets its due slightly more than those cities, though perhaps a little less than it should. I absolutely love it.
    Never mention Pittsburgh! (The fans at the Dubuque County Fair are gonna have their faces melted!)

Yeah it's not meant to play in lol. My wife and I got some good pics in one of the smaller rocks' keyhole though.

We spent 5 days in Sedona and the weather during that time wasn't too extreme, although I live in the San Fernando Valley so I'm pretty used to the dry climates. However the day that we drove back we had to drive through a monsoon and that was one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed. I couldn't see more than 10 yards in front of us so we had to go super slow and you would see flashes of lightning strike the mountains around us and start fires all while it's coming down like God raining vengeance. Scary but plain awesome.
    I'm in SFV too.....I think another summer in the valley is going to kill my wife. Time to move to south bay....

I love Big Sur. The drive out of Paso Robles and up the coast to Big Sur (and into Montery/Pebble Beach) is some of the best driving there is.

Pfeiffer is my favorite spot there too. Great beach and dog friendly which is rare in SoCal

I'm in SFV too.....I think another summer in the valley is going to kill my wife. Time to move to south bay....

I love Big Sur. The drive out of Paso Robles and up the coast to Big Sur (and into Montery/Pebble Beach) is some of the best driving there is.

Pfeiffer is my favorite spot there too. Great beach and dog friendly which is rare in SoCal
    I'm in Encino. What city do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'm in St. Louis, but get to KC a lot.

It's a remarkably nice city. Much nicer than St. Louis lol.

I'd live there in a heartbeat.
    Iíve heard nice things about KC, but I love St. Louis. I was born and raised here. Itís a great city to raise a family. Itís a small city. The food scene has improved by leaps and bounds over the last decade. Thereís plenty to do, especially near the river. I can see a ballgame and be back on the Illinois side in less than 15 minutes from getting in my car.

I'm in Encino. What city do you live in?
    Haha Tarzana/Encino border. Sup neighbor.

Haha Tarzana/Encino border. Sup neighbor.
    How did we get on NYC and LA in a thread about underrated/ignored cities?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    How did we get on NYC and LA in a thread about underrated/ignored cities?
    Just goes to show the lack of respect they get.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast