Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I wonder what happens to Bruce Irvin, with the switch from a 4-3 under to a "straight" 4-3. Do the Raiders cut/trade him, or put him at second level (off the ball) SAM?
    Well when Gruden was asked about him, Gruden said he needs to be used as a pass rusher more and less off the ball.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Are you talking to me? If so, I think they keep Keenum as the starter (based on what I heard on NFLN, if that means anything). I don't know about Bradford.
    yeah, I just didn't quote that whole post.......but didn't see Keenum or Bradford, so took that to mean you're saying the Vikings sign them both.

I don't really know what to think....there's been rumors anywhere from a fully guaranteed contract for Cousins to considering AJ Freaking McCarron.....personally, I'd prefer Bridgewater and Josh McCown, but I haven't seen what the coaches have with Teddy and I have zero idea what Keenum is expecting for money.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'd be severely pissed if the Bears entered FA with about 80m in space and ended up spending about 12 of it without landing a potential star. I know they will have plenty of competition but the foundation is laid with a nasty D and a soph QB who was more than solid. I think they will be one of the prime destinations.

I think the Browns will get AJ McCarron (ties to Hue Jackson) and Trumaine Johnson (ties with Gregg Williams).
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Does he fit the coverage role I'm talking about? Pats usually play with 2 off the line LBs and I think "good in coverage" means something different if you're the #1 or #2 coverage guy. Like Hightower/Van Noy I think are both "good in coverage" as the #2 guy. But neither should be the #1 coverage LB - the guy that will step outside of a back or TE split out wide, for example. Can Bradham be that guy or is he another guy who can cover well as a #2 but not as the #1.
    I think he's better than Van Noy in coverage. Bradham probably had his best game last season against the Panthers, so you can check that out. Here's some highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJseVEe2DtY

Since Bradham had only ever been successful under Jim Schwartz, the assumption was he needed a simple scheme to play fast and loose. But that perception has changed quite a bit as he had taken over defensive play-calling duties after we lost Jordan Hicks. Still, the only thing I would be concerned as a Patriots fan would be that the complexity of Belichick's defense might slow him down a bit.

I really want the Colts to go after the following
    Andrew Norwell- (Outbid NYG if you have to)
    Allen Robinson- ( Hilton and Robinson would be a very solid duo)
    Anthony Hitchens- (likely following Eberflus)
    Dontari Poe- (Colts had interest last year. Dline isn't a huge need, but pairing him with Jonathon Hankins and most likely Bradley Chubb looks great on paper).
    EJ Gaines/Malcom Butler- (Indys young corners have shown flashes, but adding a veteran couldn't hurt)

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I think the Browns will get AJ McCarron (ties to Hue Jackson) and Trumaine Johnson (ties with Gregg Williams).
    If they get AJ do you think they take a QB at 1 or 4 still?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    They probably should. Then again, they could be a top 5 pick next year too if AJ turned out badly.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I think the browns will be bigger players in Free agency then most think. they have 100 million and i know they would like to fill some spots with veteran players. Since we are like the youngest team in the NFL.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

If Seattle does indeed cut Sherman, two unexpected moves I would guess is an attempt to trade for Bell, and a run at T Johnson.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think he's better than Van Noy in coverage. Bradham probably had his best game last season against the Panthers, so you can check that out. Here's some highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJseVEe2DtY

Since Bradham had only ever been successful under Jim Schwartz, the assumption was he needed a simple scheme to play fast and loose. But that perception has changed quite a bit as he had taken over defensive play-calling duties after we lost Jordan Hicks. Still, the only thing I would be concerned as a Patriots fan would be that the complexity of Belichick's defense might slow him down a bit.
    Won't have time to watch at work but thanks for the link.

Yeah, we've seen guys struggle to adapt to BB before. But you'd also hope he's a good enough coach to tailor his system to his players more. We need some more athleticism on defense and BB might need to let guys use that more.

I'm hoping for a front 7 next year of:

EDGE: Hightower/Flowers start. Wise and a good roational FA signing back them up. Last year's 3rd rounder Rivers (who was hurt) is the 5th guy where if he pans out it's gravy.

DT: Malcolm Brown and Lawrence Guy return. Vincent Valentine comes back off IR as another run stuffer. Adam Butler returns as a situational pass rusher. Then they add another strong rotational player either through FA or the draft.

LB: They add a coverage guy like I've mentioned to start next to Van Noy. They also draft a developmental guy. Re-sign Marquise Flowers for STs and depth too. Elandon Roberts isn't bad as depth if there's other coverage guys.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If Seattle does indeed cut Sherman, two unexpected moves I would guess is an attempt to trade for Bell, and a run at T Johnson.
    I don't think they're cutting Sherman to get Bell.

They're cutting Sherman because he won't be healthy from his injury and will be in FA too soon after for the contract negotiations to work out well.

Whoever signs Sherman has to be comfortable with that he won't be 100% this year and might have long term impact from the injury. Probably ends up on a shorter try it deal for 2 years.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    They probably should. Then again, they could be a top 5 pick next year too if AJ turned out badly.
    Its really a fascinating spot they are in. If they get AJ and think he is really a starter in this league they can do some serious help to the org at 1 and 4. I mean if they came away with Barkley and either Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Nelson they are really looking strong.

Maybe take a development QB in the 2nd round in case McCarron fails. IDK really interesting spot for the Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Would be a mistake if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Would be a mistake if they didn't.
    I think that depends on how you view this year's QB crop vs next year's. Let's say they signed McCarron, drafted Barkley and say Chubbs....whether AJ is serviceable or looks like he could be the guy for a few years, you're not helping him by making him immediately look over his shoulder while giving him one less piece to work with.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast