Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    What did you think of how the draft shook out? I am scratching my head at the Browns draft. Sure, those are good players, but a bit of a reach with guys who were much more highly valued on the board. The Jets must be happy that Darnold fell into their lap....and the Broncos probably never expected to have Chubb fall to them. I kind of wished we picked earlier because a lot of non-QB stars fell as a result of the scramble for QBs.
    I was surprised by the Browns picks. Mayfield is easily the best leader (on the field) out of the QBís though and as much as the Browns need talent but they also lack leadership.

I was ok with the Cowboys picks since they all filled needs. Iím really excited about the Gallup pick and think by Thanksgiving heíll be the best WR on the roster. Williams is also going to be a stud at LG. The guy is really wanted them to draft in the 1st though is Vita Vea. The team is really needing a true 1-tech and that could have made life much easier for the entire defense, especially the LBís. At least he didnít go to the Skins though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    Jerry offered 3rd pick to Seattle while on the clock for Thomas. Call never was returned.

Tells me that the Cowboys still have an interest in Thomas. With no safety drafted we should make that deal happen.
    Where did you hear that? Everything Iíve been hearing is that Stephen refused to part with any of those picks for Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Where did you hear that? Everything Iíve been hearing is that Stephen refused to part with any of those picks for Thomas.
    It's been reported pretty widely that they offered the 3rd to Seattle while they were on the clock but then went ahead and made the pick. I saw a story on CBSSports and other twitter feeds too.

i'd give up a 4th and future 5th at this point for Thomas. He's holding out, Seattle isnt going to give him what he wants. Seattle really has no leverage. sure they can franchise him two years in a row. He can also retire (sit a year) and go anywhere he wants after that.

Apparently Seattle wanted a 2nd and we balked
    #BringBackMatty

A second for a safety that wont be resigning any time soon in Seattle is too much to give. Keep in mind with Chancellor, Sherman and Bennett all leaving, Thomas doesn't want to be there. People believe that Dallas has backed themselves in a corner by not drafting a S and must give in to Seattle. Thing is that Seattle is the one backed into a corner. By Dallas not drafting a S and Thomas knowing this, he doesn't sign long term with Seattle and if they don't deal him he walks after the season knowing Dallas has the need and cap space to acquire him for nothing.

I am perfectly fine standing pat on this until Seattle gives in. If they don't, there are FA Safeties we can get on a one year prove it deal that are still out there. Vacarro, Reid, Boston, Wilcox. Dallas is fine.

Whoís to say that Richard canít coach up one of the current safeties on the roster (Woods) to near Earl Thomas level? He was the mastermind behind that Seattle secondary and I believe there is a chance he could do the same in Dallas. Donít get me wrong, Iíd love to have Earl on the team but not for anything more than a 4th round pick.

Whoís to say that Richard canít coach up one of the current safeties on the roster (Woods) to near Earl Thomas level? He was the mastermind behind that Seattle secondary and I believe there is a chance he could do the same in Dallas. Donít get me wrong, Iíd love to have Earl on the team but not for anything more than a 4th round pick.
    Lol that ainít happening. Earl is a once in a generation talent at that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

I was surprised by the Browns picks. Mayfield is easily the best leader (on the field) out of the QBís though and as much as the Browns need talent but they also lack leadership.

I was ok with the Cowboys picks since they all filled needs. Iím really excited about the Gallup pick and think by Thanksgiving heíll be the best WR on the roster. Williams is also going to be a stud at LG. The guy is really wanted them to draft in the 1st though is Vita Vea. The team is really needing a true 1-tech and that could have made life much easier for the entire defense, especially the LBís. At least he didnít go to the Skins though.
    Did you like the Browns draft? Sure, Mayfield and Ward are good players and I am sure they'll do just fine...but, the question is if they picked the best possible player on the board. Chubb was sitting right there. I have no idea on quarterbacks since other than Peyton Manning, they could either end up like Drew Brees or Ryan Leef or one of those middling QBs like Matt Leinart who flame out. If they had Chubb and Garrett together, that would have been a really fearsome pass rush...

I wished we were a few spots higher on the draft. Because of the frenzy for QBs, a lot of super talented guys were pushed lower. I literally saw star after star picked right before us.

Earl Thomas was a no show at the Seattle workouts, so it's not all hunky dory over there right now.

Witten retiring is a huge loss. He was an excellent blocker, sure handed and reliable in the passing game and the designated babysitter-captain. Usually, when a teammate's throwing a fit, you see Witten right in there taking charge.

Xavier Woods. I expect Woods and Frazier will be the safeties this year. Itís played well towards the end of last season.
    Woods maybe good at FS but Frazier is more of a in the box SS. I just don't feel comfortable with the depth or #s. Hopefully they make a move soon. Eric Reid and Tre Boston are still out there. This late in fa they can get 1 of them on a cap friendly 1 year deal.

I know teams are against signing Reid because he was kneeling during the anthem but it's time to l-i-g. And why teams don't see Boston as a deep FS is confusing to me when that's all he's played since his days at UNC and was pretty good.

We could trade for Earl Thomas but I'm not gonna get my hopes up about that.

Dallas will do 5 more things before opening day:

1) Sign DLaw to long term contract lowering cap hit.
    2) Extend Martin on new deal
    3) Sign a S, someone like Reid, Boston or Vaccaro OR possibly deal for Thomas
    4) Sign a vet DT for rotation
    5) Sign a vet TE to complement what we have.

Currently with the Dez cut, Witten retirement, Hanna retirement they have upward of 9 million in cap space. The longer these free agents remain prior to season starting the cheaper it will get to sign them. On prove it deals I can see a DT, S and TE all being brought in for around 5 million combined. And none of the players available are scrubs, they all will add to the team.

My preference is signing S - Reid, DT - McClain, and TE - Celek.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Daboyz; 05-04-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    Dallas will do 5 more things before opening day:

1) Sign DLaw to long term contract lowering cap hit.
    2) Extend Martin on new deal
    3) Sign a S, someone like Reid, Boston or Vaccaro OR possibly deal for Thomas
    4) Sign a vet DT for rotation
    5) Sign a vet TE to complement what we have.

Currently with the Dez cut, Witten retirement, Hanna retirement they have upward of 9 million in cap space. The longer these free agents remain prior to season starting the cheaper it will get to sign them. On prove it deals I can see a DT, S and TE all being brought in for around 5 million combined. And none of the players available are scrubs, they all will add to the team.

My preference is signing S - Reid, DT - McClain, and TE - Celek.

Thoughts?
    no, yes, maybe

next years DT class is loaded in the draft. Irving wont be here. we also arent getting a 2nd rounder with his off field issues he probably wont be tendered at all at this point. we can sign fowler to play opposite of lawrence, get a stud DT and figure out the 1t later, collins or other. you can get by with having average safeties if the other 9 players are good or if the corners cover and the front seven is savage.

You think our new secondary coach can engineer a similar legion of boom with these young corners? Byron Jones is very fast and athletic--he tested out of the roof on speed and ability to jump. Awuzzie and Jourdan Lewis showed flashes...and even Anthony Brown showed flashes his first year before hitting a rough patch last season. I am a little more uncertain about our safety position.

By the way, Terrence Williams was arrested for public intoxication.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112