Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you want Kirk Cousins in MN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

5 22.73%
  • Uncertain

7 31.82%
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    So I think I read that the Vikes have 57ish in cap space. Does that include Floyd coming off the books?

Assuming 57 and releasing or restructuring murray to get to 60Mil
    We sign Kirk for 3 years 84 and front load his contract 38in year one.
    That decreases his cap him in 2019-2020 to 23Mil & 23Mil. Which should help us extend some other guys.
    Assume 6.5Mil for rookies leaves us with 15.5Mil for FA and Extensions.

What do you guys think should be done next?

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    So I think I read that the Vikes have 57ish in cap space. Does that include Floyd coming off the books?

That decreases his cap him in 2019-2020 to 23Mil & 23Mil. Which should help us extend some other guys.

I actually see 3 years 86 mil on nfl network. The price is rising. Maybe by thursday itll be the 3 years 91 we heard last week! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    Sleeves was stuck in mud, but my god did he throw one of the nicest balls in the NFL
    Reminds me of todd collins for the redskins. Now THERE was a statue qb. Dude never moved. Remember him? Lol

Official Kirk Cousins Thread (poll)

For the most part I think just find the cheap value guys. Preferably dt or oline will be signed and use top pick(s) on other. Maybe get one of those deals done early and add some to this years contract leaving even more for net year as well.

I feel pretty soon (after this year) theilan will get an increase in pay as well.

I think going into FA we were at $48 million. We all know Floyd will be released and then Murray possibly being cut would add in about another $10 million so we would be around $58. Leaves us with a lot of options with one being to front load Kirk.

My bold prediction is we will try to trade Barr before the draft. Anthony Hitches just got $9 million per and I don't see Barr taking less than that.

gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I think going into FA we were at $48 million. We all know Floyd will be released and then Murray possibly being cut would add in about another $10 million so we would be around $58. Leaves us with a lot of options with one being to front load Kirk.

My bold prediction is we will try to trade Barr before the draft. Anthony Hitches just got $9 million per and I don't see Barr taking less than that.
    What do we get for Barr? I hated the pic when we drafted him, but it seems like every time there is a big play made defensively it was him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    What do we get for Barr? I hated the pic when we drafted him, but it seems like every time there is a big play made defensively it was him.

When did he make a big play? Last 2 years he has 1 forced fumble and 3 total sacks. The knock on Barr, IMO, is the lack of splash plays. He's always around the ball and is reliable but the big plays haven't been there.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    haha that's awesome, I don't think I will ever get the Bradford love

It looks like he has a very solid situation and I like Fitz so I hope he can finally put together a playoff season with that squad. 8-8 mostly without Johnson and no Carson either half the year. They gotta make it now right?

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    When did he make a big play? Last 2 years he has 1 forced fumble and 3 total sacks. The knock on Barr, IMO, is the lack of splash plays. He's always around the ball and is reliable but the big plays haven't been there.
    His interception in the saints game. and his hit on Rodgers was the reason we got where we got. I think the Packers win the division if he doesn't get hurt. But I see what u r saying, he was rated out as a average linebacker, according to PFF.

If you cant beat them, join them

I would like to see Murray's option declined and a few small moves made. I'd like to see another RB signed and some depth added. Beau Allen would be a nice signing. Rick probably waits until the market settles and looks to pounce on some second or third tier FA's. The Bears corner is intriguing. Maybe a WR to compete with Treadwell. Rick was interested in Pryor last season. With Kirk on board maybe he's circles back to him.

Aaron Lynch is interesting as a rotational DE. He's coming off his rookie deal but has been banged up a lot the last 2 years. Prior to that he recorded 12.5 sacks in a part time role/starter with the 49ers. He's 6'5 250 and 25 years old.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    His interception in the saints game. and his hit on Rodgers was the reason we got where we got. I think the Packers win the division if he doesn't get hurt. But I see what u r saying, he was rated out as a average linebacker, according to PFF.

Well I don't think a tipped ball INT or forcing an injury should be considered big plays lol Barr made a good amount of these plays early in his career but hasn't lately for some reason. He's a really good player but I have reservations paying him 12+ million a season.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Official Kirk Cousins Thread (poll)

Ya I think sign cousins and trade or let Barr walk is a good way to help make up for the extra cost. Resign diggs hunter Kendricks for sure IMO (unless prices are weird).

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    You see what some of the WR's got this year? Sammy Watkins got 3 year for $48 million. We are going to have to pay Diggs if we want to keep him
    ya I just posted some random thoughts and stuff I looked up in the FA thread. Diggs, Kendricks, Hunter would be my 3 priorities and I listed them at 17,11,9 or something close. All could easily get more based off this FA though hahahaha. Prices have been so high but even that is 37 mil to retain the trio.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast