Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    #61 last night. Not only Harden, Capela and Luc got the night off, no one else played more than 30 minutes. Paul, Gordon, Ariza, Tucker and Ryno all played under 28 minutes. And guys like Qi, Hunter and Black all got a lot of minutes in the 4th. By the way, I'm a little surprised the Rockets signed Nash instead of Hunter for the rest of the season. Since he's on a two-way contract, Hunter can't remain on the roster during the Playoffs.

About the Playoffs, yeah, I'm also okay with the Pelicans in the first round. And with everyone but the Jazz dropping their last two games, the Clippers and Nuggets are back in. Both would also be great matchups for Houston.

If the season ended today, the Rockets would get the Wolves and then OKC or New Orleans. Other than the Thunder dropping out to 6th or 7th and to the Warriors side of the bracket, and the Wolves and Pelicans finishing 4th/5th and the Clippers or Nuggets finishing 8th, the standings are looking pretty good for Houston right about now. I'm also interested in a possible Warriors/Jazz matchup with Curry out. They beat GS two out of three times so far, and while I don't expect them to win a 7-game series, they should at least make the Warriors work really hard for it.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Hey guys,
    I canít wait for the playoffs. I truly believe this is finally the Rockets year. I want to see the Rockets destroy the Cavs in the finals. That would be really great. Universe make that happen please
    Seriously though. This Rockets squad is so good.
    I would also like to see Harden and Paul silence all the critics in regards to their postseason play...

With the Warriors loss last night, the Rockets have officially clinched the 1st spot in the West. Magic number to clinch HCA throughout the Playoffs (in case they get the Raptors in the Finals) is 2.

With Nash's 10-day contract coming to an end, the Rockets will not bring him back, and will sign Tim Quarterman (yes, the Portland guy from the Chris Paul trade) to a 10-day deal.

In other news, Gordon, Luc, Paul and Ariza are all questionable for tonight. Booker and Len are out for the Suns. Should be a snooze fest.

But it had a game winning buzzer beater from Gerald Green!

I only watched the first half live, and could only finish the game this afternoon. I was ready to just find out the score because, man, that was one ugly first half of basketball. I'm glad I didn't. Really happy for Gerald. The Rockets didn't really need that win, but he needed it. Just a great story all season long.

Horrible shooting night against the spurs. But at the end of day, that game didnít really matter. Didnít like seeing Harden playing for 35mins. Now the Rockets have secured home court for the playoffs I would prefer him at max get 20 to 25. Same with Paul. Keeps them fresh for the playoffs but gives them enough time on court not to get rusty.

According to D'Antoni, the Rockets need to get their rhythm back, not rest. Harden played 37 mins on Friday, as well, and he's been struggling big time with his shot. Hard to say if the Rockets playing this bad is just a result of having HCA secured and all, or if we should actually be concerned for the Playoffs. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's two straight games of horrible, horrible play.

Also, yesterday's loss could actually be a good one. The Spurs have won 8 of 10, and it looks like there's no chance they drop out all the way to 8th. I would much rather face the Pelicans, Wolves or Clippers in the first round.

By the way, the Jazz beat the Wolves last night and the Pels are now 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    According to D'Antoni, the Rockets need to get their rhythm back, not rest. Harden played 37 mins on Friday, as well, and he's been struggling big time with his shot. Hard to say if the Rockets playing this bad is just a result of having HCA secured and all, or if we should actually be concerned for the Playoffs. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's two straight games of horrible, horrible play.

Also, yesterday's loss could actually be a good one. The Spurs have won 8 of 10, and it looks like there's no chance they drop out all the way to 8th. I would much rather face the Pelicans, Wolves or Clippers in the first round.

By the way, the Jazz beat the Wolves last night and the Pels are now 8th.
    True, but this means we probably get the Spurs in the 2nd round and that is not a matchup I prefer. I was hoping the Spurs would finish 6th or 7th and let them battle the Warriors in the 2nd round.

Hard to escape both San Antonio and Utah. And the Spurs might not get past whoever they face in the first round, anyway. The second round matchup should be a tough one, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Hard to escape both San Antonio and Utah. And the Spurs might not get past whoever they face in the first round, anyway. The second round matchup should be a tough one, no matter what.
    The way things are going, I'd put my money on the first round being New Orleans, Minnesota or Denver. I think some combination of San Antonio, Utah and OKC will finish in those 4-6 spots, which is a win-win scenario for the Rockets. That means Houston more than likely will avoid two of them, and whoever the third team is will have a tough, potentially long first-round matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Totally off topic, but the arguments I'm having in the main NBA forum regarding MVP and the criteria for MVP are truly mind boggling. If you want to see people with zero common sense do some insane mental gymnastics to try to justify why they think Lebron should win the award over Harden, check out the General Regular Season Thread for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234