Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    They have already moved Plumlee and Telly from the roster, so I am somewhat optimistic for more improvement.

They could still get back Delly, Brogdon, and Zeller for the playoffs, but that won't make that big of an improvement. Brogdon has shown the ability to take shots in the fourth quarter of tight ballgames.

It won't be known for sure what direction the team is taking until Jabari's contract is negotiated.

I don't think the Bledsoe/BJ, even possibly Delly combo at Pg is the team's biggest weakness, but rather a rebounding center. Although BJ hasn't been locked into a contract yet either.

It doesn't look like they will get any push from Thon or DJ this year. Will they get any push next year?

I wonder about the future Brogdon contract, so some change may be forced on the team in the next year or two anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    They have already moved Plumlee and Telly from the roster, so I am somewhat optimistic for more improvement.

They could still get back Delly, Brogdon, and Zeller for the playoffs, but that won't make that big of an improvement. Brogdon has shown the ability to take shots in the fourth quarter of tight ballgames.

It won't be known for sure what direction the team is taking until Jabari's contract is negotiated.

I don't think the Bledsoe/BJ, even possibly Delly combo at Pg is the team's biggest weakness, but rather a rebounding center. Although BJ hasn't been locked into a contract yet either.

It doesn't look like they will get any push from Thon or DJ this year. Will they get any push next year?

I wonder about the future Brogdon contract, so some change may be forced on the team in the next year or two anyways.
    The Bucks got lucky - feel bad for Telly - to get out form Telly money due to his health. Only moved Plumlee in two years and signed Snell for 10 mill. So a push. Said this way back when and people scoffed at me that Bucks would be lucky to get top-6 seed. Now no pick in first round if 8-seed in East which with schedule looks most likely. What a joke this team is. Bledsoe is as frustrating as the entire team. The team needs a center. Needs to get a second-bonafide star next to Giannis as I am sick of Bucks fans bashing Middleton. Not his fault he's second best player when he's a third on good team. His defense isn;t the same after hammy injury and down in 3-point pct. but all his career numbers are up. Jabari sucks on-and-off ball on defense. Thon played 24 minutes I think without a fu--ing rebound last night. I can't watch this team anymore. Thank goodness it's tourney time.

Can we bring the amnesty clause back please? The only question then would be whether to waive Henson or Snell.
    Last edited by twellner9; 03-20-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Jabari sucks on-and-off ball on defense.
    While I don't think he's that bad on ball, I don't really care if Parker is bad at defense. His offensive skill set is so good that his offensive production should outweigh whatever he does on defense, and a good coach should be able to hide him. James Harden is awful at defense as well and yet he's going to win the MVP this year.

Middleton is too ball centric IMO. I'd like him a lot better if he could consistently score from off-ball more like a Klay Thompson than Kobe Bryant (my current comp in terms of playstyle).

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Needs to get a second-bonafide star next to Giannis as I am sick of Bucks fans bashing Middleton. Not his fault he's second best player when he's a third on good team. His defense isn;t the same after hammy injury and down in 3-point pct. but all his career numbers are up.
    Where does Middleton fit on a championship team? Not as the 3rd best player. He just doesn't fit into anything we have going on.

is this thread still active?

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Where does Middleton fit on a championship team? Not as the 3rd best player. He just doesn't fit into anything we have going on.
    I disagree with this 1,000 percent. Middleton is averaging 20-plus and isn't getting the ball much. Bledsoe and Giannis are not good at creating for others Bledsoe in particular. When they take it off the bounce to the rim in all liklihood the shot is going up or for Bledsoe otherwise a wild pass out to dang near half-court.

"He just doesn't fit into anything we have going on." What do the Bucks have going on? Besides a crappy roster put together. No interior presence. Middleton rarely gets a catch-and-shoot opportunity. He is the third best player on a team - if in the East - that team would be a top-4 seed with a good coach. The drag screen with him was Bucks best offense a couple weeks ago and now they never run it. Instead they post up Giannis 20-feet from the hoop and he goes 1 on 3 or passes out to Bledsoe who holds it for 7 seconds. The half-court offense and overall defense is trash. The Bucks look like a defeated team....Doubt front office thought they'd have to worry about losing pick considering if Bucks basically are just better than 7 or 8 seed they keep pick...
    Last edited by gopackgo87; 03-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

If anyone doesn't fit on roster it's Bledsoe. The thing is when you are in a market like MKE you need to draft well.....Vaughn, Thon....all you need to know. The front office coupled with coaching is ruining this team's chances to make a deep run with Giannis. Have to think people will be in Giannis' ear to gtfo of MKE when contract is up in 3.

i cant decide if id rather just lose the pick to the suns now and get it over with or what. itd help out future years at least knowing what pick(s) we can use or trade.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

I don't think Bledsoe is great by any means. And his 15+ ft jumpers make me pull my hair out. He should always be attacking the rim. Driving and dishing. It is what he excels at. So you don't have to sell me on whether he should be here or not.

And ya, we are gonna have to draft better to get better obviously. But going into next season I would rather get rid of Middleton than Parker if we were being realistic about what was going to make us better as a team. Middleton's 20ppg looks good from afar, but it is only because he is shooting more than he ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    I don't think Bledsoe is great by any means. And his 15+ ft jumpers make me pull my hair out. He should always be attacking the rim. Driving and dishing. It is what he excels at. So you don't have to sell me on whether he should be here or not.

And ya, we are gonna have to draft better to get better obviously. But going into next season I would rather get rid of Middleton than Parker if we were being realistic about what was going to make us better as a team. Middleton's 20ppg looks good from afar, but it is only because he is shooting more than he ever has.
    Middleton is shooting more yes and yet he's having the most efficient year of his career shooting a career-best 47 percent. He is down from 3 at just short of 36 percent. But he is having a very good year. He isn't very good on defense which stinks now, but Jabari scares me, but might be Bucks best shot unless a team goes for a S&T. You never know in NBA. Just takes one team to be in love with a guy. Maybe Charlotte since he's cooked them every game this year IIRC. I know two games over 30. Maybe MJ likes him. Move him for Kemba. I'd dig that.

Kemba is okay but IMO is another ball centric player which is something the Bucks already have too many of. Middleton, Bledsoe, and Giannis all what the ball in their hands and none of them are great off ball. The only decent off ball players we have on this team are Parker and Brogdon.

I'm not sure we need "better" players than Middleton/Bledsoe we just need players that blend better with Giannis/Parker. I'd rather have deadly spot up shooter that can defense at SG and I'd rather have a distributor/shooter at PG than what we have with Middleton/Bledsoe.

I like several players for this team that I think can be had via trade such as Batum, Dinwiddie, Beverly/Bradley, etc. Parker should be kept unless someone really wants to trade for him. Best offensive package the Bucks have and even with the knee concerns his ceiling is extremely high.

I also want to point out that Bledsoe is the worst point guard in the NBA in terms of assist/turnover ration at 1.56. Something needs to be done about that. Sit his *** down if he continues to play like an idiot.

Funny how the talk shows this morning were talking about how it was so crazy the Clippers have the same record as Bucks despite not having anyone left except Jordan, Williams, and Dekker. Jokes on them I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Kemba is okay but IMO is another ball centric player which is something the Bucks already have too many of. Middleton, Bledsoe, and Giannis all what the ball in their hands and none of them are great off ball. The only decent off ball players we have on this team are Parker and Brogdon.

I'm not sure we need "better" players than Middleton/Bledsoe we just need players that blend better with Giannis/Parker. I'd rather have deadly spot up shooter that can defense at SG and I'd rather have a distributor/shooter at PG than what we have with Middleton/Bledsoe.

I like several players for this team that I think can be had via trade such as Batum, Dinwiddie, Beverly/Bradley, etc. Parker should be kept unless someone really wants to trade for him. Best offensive package the Bucks have and even with the knee concerns his ceiling is extremely high.

I also want to point out that Bledsoe is the worst point guard in the NBA in terms of assist/turnover ration at 1.56. Something needs to be done about that. Sit his *** down if he continues to play like an idiot.
    Yeah but Kemba is good with the ball unlike Bled and Midd. Midd is forced to be playmaker on Bucks right now. Kemba probably has to on Charlotte. Who else do they have to have the rock? Also, Giannis is great, but Bucks need someone to ease the pressure. Giannis is best suited doing what Jabari does, cutting and getting the ball on the move. Not post-ups 18-feet away and iso-ball. Then he does that step back and hits it about 33 percent of the time. I think Giannis and Kemba could play off each other well. I wouldn't mind Bradley. Might be able to get him with MLE. Not much money going to be tossed around.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast