Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NFL Mock Draft 1.0

Here's a mock I've been working on. Let me know what you guys think.

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold, QB, USC - Do I believe Sam Darnold will be the best quarterback in the draft once the process plays out? No. But at this point, he seems to be the top option. I also believe that the Browns could trade this pick for a great haul and cash in at their quarterback at four. For the sense of this mock, where I won’t include any trades. Darnold has shown his flashes of brilliance with his accurate passes and arm strength. He’s also shown that he needs to improve in areas such as ball security. In the end, Darnold is suited to be a quality pro-starter.

2. New York Giants - Saquan Barkley, RB, Penn State - Saquan Barkley has proven that is a freak of nature at the combine -- not like we didn’t know that before. The smart thing most people would say here is for the Giants to take their next quarterback to replace Eli Manning. However, I still they the roster they have in place is talented enough to make waves. They battled several injuries to key players last year and Eli was throwing to a dude all of us have never heard of. Barkley makes them better instantly, not just a few years down the road when Eli is done. He’s the best player in this draft and will offer the Giants something they haven’t had in many years -- a running game.

3. Indianapolis Colts - Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State - The Colts’ offensive should be better next year when Andrew Luck returns. The team has so many holes it can address here but the ability to add the best pass rusher and defensive player in the draft can’t be passed up. Chubb is a superior talent and an instant upgrade over anyone that the Colts have.

4. Cleveland Browns - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama - The Browns look to upgrade their defense with their second top-5 selection. After getting the best quarterback in the draft, the Browns take the best secondary player in the draft at four. I’m always a skeptic about Alabama secondary players, as many have been busts, but Fitzpatrick appears to be the real deal. The Browns could also shop this pick with the likes of Josh Rosen on the board.

5. Denver Broncos - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA - The Broncos have been deemed one of the teams that are “a quarterback away.” They struck out on former first round selection Paxton Lynch. With a top 5 pick, they have a chance to take the second best quarterback in the draft. Rosen is the real deal and the Broncos would become an instant AFC West favorite if Rosen can pan out to just a portion of his potential. This is if the Broncos don’t add the services of Kirk Cousins.

6. New York Jets - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming - The Jets are another one of the teams in play for Kirk Cousins. I personally don’t like Josh Allen but a lot of people are sold on him. He can throw a football a literal mile. If the Raiders were picking here I’m sure they’d be all over Allen.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame - The Buccaneers had the league’s worst defense a year ago, but also had one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Adding the best offensive lineman in the draft will offer some form of protection for Jameis Winston. The team also does not have any form of a running game and an improved offensive line can help whomever is running the football some help.

8. Chicago Bears - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama - This seems a bit early for Ridley to be off the board but we’re also talking about the franchise that traded up one spot to draft Mitchell Trubisky. Ridley is the best receiver in the draft and will add an instant weapon for Trubisky. He’s got the best set of hands this draft offers. The Bears haven’t done too well in selecting receivers in years past. Ridley could be their turn in the right direction.

9. San Francisco 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech - With Ruben Foster back in the news for the alleged assault of his girlfriend. As Foster can’t keep out of trouble, the 49ers will need to prepare and look for his future replacement. Edmunds is the best inside linebacker in the draft. If Foster can turn around and stay in the league and with the team, they’ll have quite the duo of inside backers moving forward.

10. Oakland Raiders - Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia - The Raiders defense should not be as bad as they are with Khalil Mack leading the way, but they are. They have trouble getting to the quarterback off the edge and Smith will be an instant plug-and-play.

11. Miami Dolphins - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State - I believe that Denzel Ward is the best corner in the draft. He may be a little more raw than the likes of Josh Jackson, but his ceiling is much higher. The Dolphins could go quarterback with the likes of Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield on the board, but they’ll look to go back to Ryan Tannehill, which is a mistake in my opinion.

12. Cincinnati Bengals - Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame - Andy Dalton needs some protection. He’s constantly under pressure and is playing scared. He has weapons around him but struggles to connect with them due to the poor offensive line play. The Bengals have the chance to get the best offensive tackle in the draft at 12.

13. Washington Redskins - Vita Vea, DT, Washington - The Redskins’ defense, especially their front 7, were awful last year. Vea is the best interior defensive lineman in the game and is a brilliant run stopper. He’s the top of the player that can draw double teams, freeing up other defenders, allowing them to get to the quarterback and the running back.

14. Green Bay Packers - Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa - The Packers defense, and team as a whole, is a mess. If it wasn’t for Aaron Rodgers, this team would constantly be selecting in the top 5. Jackson and Denzel Ward are the two top cornerbacks in the draft. The Packers need to address their defense with the 14th selection so grabbing what could be the best corner in the draft at 14 would be ideal.

15. Arizona Cardinals - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma - I’m a fan of Mayfield, which seems a little odd with me projecting him to go at 15. I think his off-the-field problems sees him slide a bit and the Arizona Cardinals could not be happier. Mayfield is a born winner and the Cardinals need to find their next quarterback following the retirement of Carson Palmer.

16. Baltimore Ravens - Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M - The Ravens’ receiving core was led by the likes of Michael Wallace last year. They need help. Kirk is the second best receiver in the draft. The Ravens’ offense is pretty stale and they need a bit of a spark. Kirk can be that guy.

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama - The Chargers have the opportunity to construct one of the best defensive lines in the game. With Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram on the edges, putting the likes of Da’Ron Payne in the middle would be an instant upgrade, especially pairing him with Corey Liuget.

18. Seattle Seahawks - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma - If you tuned into a Seahawks’ game you would have likely seen Russell Wilson scrambling for his life 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. There is no doubt that the Seahawks had one of the worst offensive lines in the league last year so adding a talent like Brown with the 18th pick would be a good move on their end.

19. Dallas Cowboys - James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State - The Cowboys have been missing an outside speedy receiver. Washington is their guy. With Dez Bryant on his last leg and other receivers I couldn’t begin to name, the Cowboys need to address that position. Why not begin in the draft

20. Detroit Lions - Darius Guice, RB, LSU - The Lions passed on the likes of Alvin Kamara and Delvin Cook a year ago and wont make that mistake again. If Barkley wasn’t in this draft, I’d say Guice is the top running back in the draft. He’s as good as they get and the Lions have been lacking a running back for the longest time. Guice will give them and Matthew Stafford some much needed relief.

21. Buffalo Bills - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville - I’m in love with Lamar Jackson. I was all over Deshaun Watson last year and look when he did. Jackson has better arm strength and accuracy than Watson. News broke that multiple NFL executives asked Jackson to workout as a wide receiver. That would be a sin for such a talented quarterback to be forced to go to reciever. The Bills would luck out if Jackson was available at 21. He’s going to end up being the best quarterback of this draft.

22. Buffalo Bills - Isaiah Wynn, OT/OG/C, Georgia - After selection Lamar Jackson a pick prior, the Bills will look to add some protection for him. Wynn is probably the most diverse offensive lineman in the draft. He’s played all three positions in college and could do so at the next level, although he’s build more for the guard position. Wynn will also help open more holes for Lesean McCoy.

23. Los Angeles Rams - Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA - With the recent news of Robert Quinn being shipped to the Miami Dolphins, the Rams will need to look to replace him. Davenport is the first mid-major product off the board at 23. The Rams are on the up, but one of their strongest need is a pass rusher.

24. Carolina Panthers - Donte Jackson, CB, LSU - The Panthers made strives to returning to a Superbowl contender in 2017. They have their offense rolling and should look to bolster their secondary. Jackson is a great prospect and could be a starter from day one in Carolina.

25. Tennessee Titans - Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College - The Titans surprised everyone by not only making the playoffs but getting to the second round of the playoffs in 2017. They still need some work and with new head coach Mike Vrabel, a defensive mind, he’d love to add an outside edge rusher as talented as Landry. Landry may be the most talented edge rusher in the entire draft. Selecting him at 25 would be a steal.

26. Atlanta Falcons - Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan - The Falcons struggled last year on defense, especially in stopping the run. Hurst is the type of player that can be plugged into the middle of the offensive line to plug up running lanes. The Falcons should look to bolster their defense in an effort to return to Superbowl contention.

27. New Orleans Saints - Mason Randolph, QB, Oklahoma State - The Saints are preparing to find Drew Brees’ replacement. Randolph has a lot of upside and could develop into a NFL starter after sitting and learning from someone such as Brees. The Brees still has a few years in him, as shown last season. However, the Saints roster is already talented and looking to the future may be a good look.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Rashann Evans, ILB, Alabama - With the likelihood of Ryan Shazier never playing football again or at least being out for the next season, the Steelers need to look to find his replacement. Evans is their guy. Outside of Edmunds, he’s the most talented inside linebacker in the draft.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina - The Jaguars use their first round pick to draft the best tight end in the draft at 29. Hurst is as good as they come in terms of tight ends. The Jaguars offense is limited and adding a talent like Hurst for Blake Bortles to target is a must need.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Connor Williams, OT, Texas - The Vikings look to bolster their offensive line with their first round selection. Williams was once noted as one of the top offensive lineman in the draft but has slid a bit.

31. New England Patriots - Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn - With Malcolm Butler on his way out and what the Nick Foles did to the Patriots’ secondary in the Superbowl the Patriots need to look to address it. Davis is a more raw talent but has the tools to slot in as a starter from day one, especially in New England.

32. Philadelphia Eagles - Taven Bryan, DT, Florida - Taven Bryan is on his way up draft boards. The Eagles are fresh off its first ever Superbowl victory and will look to use their first round selection to add depth to its front seven.
    #MakeSimLeagueGreatAgain

Right now, the Eagles have THE deepest front 7 in the entire NFL.
    They need a fast WR.

We're fine on the D-Line

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Don't the Seahawks love their use of SPARQ in picking out prospects, and hasn't Brown tested incredibly poor at the Combine? I don't know about the rest of the mock, but that stood out as a pretty weird pick to me.

Give the Jags Will Hernandez in your mock

LOVE Connor Williams to the Vikings.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Love it for the Steelers.