Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

IGT: March "Playoff Positioning"

Who would have thought after a 10 game losing streak we'd be where we are now......

No one. And if anyone claims they did, they're lying through their teeth.

I thought this team would be a playoff team from Day 1, maybe even had a chance to finish as high as 3rd in the Metro, wild card for sure.

Never saw them potentially competing for 1st, even before the losing streak.

Great to see. Hope they can keep it up.

In other news, Hextall said Simmonds could be back in "about 10 days". I would venture to say Lindblom then has the next 10 days to put up some points and solidify his case. I think he should stick around regardless, but a few points would only help.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

I thought this team would be a playoff team from Day 1, maybe even had a chance to finish as high as 3rd in the Metro, wild card for sure.

In other news, Hextall said Simmonds could be back in "about 10 days". I would venture to say Lindblom then has the next 10 days to put up some points and solidify his case. I think he should stick around regardless, but a few points would only help.
    Only partial argument I have with this is that I stated, on this site, in summer, if G and Jake are back to pt/gm players this team is a contender.

I didn't see Jake and G being this good though.

Lindblom will produce. I have faith.

Lines at practice aren't very appealing imo.

Saw the honeybees were back together, but weal may be the odd man out.

Statistically, teams usually land where they are at the start of December. We broke that mold. You called it. I didnít think the penguins, or blue jackets would be having the below expectations years they are.

Leier replaces Weal in the lineup tonight. All else remains the same.

i don't get it if he's healthy.

He's a far superior player to any of the Glue Group.

In addition, Weise doesn't even kill penalties. There's not even a role issue there. SMH

What does the gray jersey at practice signify?
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

What does Sanheim have to do to bump Amac or manning out of the lineup. Seriously. At this point, what would it take besides injury. He is crushing the AHL ... what a waste.

Also, Myers was super solid in February.

as happy as I am to see Leier back in and the honey bees reunited, it's equally infuriating that we have to continue to watch Hakstol force feed us Filppulas line.

Did you see projected lineup somewhere, and is Weal a HS?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    What does Sanheim have to do to bump Amac or manning out of the lineup. Seriously. At this point, what would it take besides injury. He is crushing the AHL ... what a waste.

Also, Myers was super solid in February.
    I think it would depend on the player being out. If it it ghost or provorov I think 100% Sanheim would get the callup. Amac, gudas? Might be oduya. Hexy said that it might depend on the player as well.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Did you see projected lineup somewhere, and is Weal a HS?
    So, on an unrelated note, I HATE the NHL.com staff. Hate them all.

In their "Hart Trophy Race" article today, Giroux -- the guy that is 4th in the NHL in scoring (2 points out of 2nd and 8 out of first), who is 3rd in the league in FO%, who is top-10 in A1/60, who is top-10 in PPP...all after making a position switch -- isn't in the top-7 of the Hart Voting from the "19 NHL.com staff members".

Here's their ranking:

Kucherov (77 points)
    Bergeron (29 points)
    Malkin (27 points)
    Wheeler (27 points)
    Hall (25 points)
    MacKinnon (22 points)
    Ovechkin (19 points)
    Gaudreau (10 points)
    Giroux (10 points)

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL.

This after the same merry band of idiots put this list together for the Norris:

Hedman (67 points)
    Klingberg (51 points)
    PK Subban (51 points)
    Doughty (50 points)
    Burns (16 points)
    Carlson (11 points)
    Ghost (10 points)

Someone needs to explain to me how that happens. It's as if Dave Hakstol cloned himself 19 times and is now writing articles for NHL.com.

hall, ovi over G lol

I explained my point of view on the Weal scratching on twitter. Don't really wanna rehash it here, it's a lot of typing or copy/pasting haha.

But it's absolutely true. Weal is out, Leier is in.

In other news, Sens reportedly asked for Sanheim and a 1st for Mike Hoffman. So Flyers inquired about him, Hexy didn't like the offer.

Can't blame him. I would not do that deal either and I'm a huge Hoffman fan.

I explained my point of view on the Weal scratching on twitter. Don't really wanna rehash it here, it's a lot of typing or copy/pasting haha.

But it's absolutely true. Weal is out, Leier is in.

In other news, Sens reportedly asked for Sanheim and a 1st for Mike Hoffman. So Flyers inquired about him, Hexy didn't like the offer.

Can't blame him. I would not do that deal either and I'm a huge Hoffman fan.
    I would have done Myers and our 1st this year possibly for Hoffman and a 4th. Sandman is going to be good...really good...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I would have done Myers and our 1st this year possibly for Hoffman and a 4th. Sandman is going to be good...really good...
    Hoffman isnít worth Myers or Sanheim, let alone those two + a pick. We have so many forwards in the pipeline for top 9 spots, we donít need Hoffman

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast