Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    They should definitely resign him.

They should trade him for a top 3pick in this years draft and getting rid of their big contracts for expirings.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9z9xk9m

Idk something like that, give yourself instant cap space, tank your *** hard for a top 5 pick and gain another top 5 pick from a team like Phoenix who would love to pair KP with Devin Booker.

I want the Knicks to be good, feel bad for NYK fans, they canít catch a break!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Isn't he eligible for more money if he waits until the following season? In the Knicks forum it seems like a foregone conclusion that KP's re-up will come in 2019, not this offseason. I don't know all of the particulars but I haven't heard much about resigning KP this year at all.

Either way, his ceiling is way too high even with the injury to trade him at a massive discount or let him walk. You pay the kid and cross your fingers.
    He is eligible for more next offseason, but that's a gamble on his part. Most players on rookie deals take the extension. He gets injured again and suddenly he's labeled "injury prone" and NYK might see what the market will pay. In RFA Knicks don't have to give their max, only match what another team can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    5 years ago they were the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference and knocked the Celtics out in the 1st round.
    no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    no way.
    Yes way but it's not all that impressive when you take into account that the Celtics were the 7 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Yes way but it's not all that impressive when you take into account that the Celtics were the 7 seed.
    Look at this roster:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NYK/2013.html

Got some real NBA live legends.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    5 years ago they were the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference and knocked the Celtics out in the 1st round.
    I remember that year. That was the year all the delusional Knick fans thought a team full of old geezers meant they'd have continued success for years to come. It's hard to grasp how a team with names like Camby, Kidd, K-Mart, Felton, Chandler, Amare and Sheed completely fell off after one year.

I just looked them up. Like 36 wins, 54 and then back down . WTF how did that happen?!?!
    They forgot why they were successful that season and moved away from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I just looked them up. Like 36 wins, 54 and then back down . WTF how did that happen?!?!
    You must be like 13 if you have to go back and "look up" the 2012 Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I remember that year. That was the year all the delusional Knick fans thought a team full of old geezers meant they'd have continued success for years to come. It's hard to grasp how a team with names like Camby, Kidd, K-Mart, Felton, Chandler, Amare and Sheed completely fell off after one year.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    You must be like 13 if you have to go back and "look up" the 2012 Knicks.
    Well then if that's true, that means I created my PSD account when I was 3. I just never ever ever remember the Knicks being anything more than a comedy. Including in 2012. And even then they were merely a footnote that ultimately got swept under the rug in the mediocrity of oblivion

The Knicks need a new owner but seeing as how they aren't going to get one, they need to extend Porzingis. New York hasn't drafted a player of his caliber since Patrick Ewing. KP is only 22 years old and is averaging 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks for a career. He was averaging a career high in points, blocks, steals, and 3 point% this season before his injury. It usually takes 4-7 years for players to truly enter their prime. Porzingis, barring injury, will enter his true prime in the next 5 years.

The Knicks have a couple years to build around him. They are going to get another lottery pick this summer and they need to make a good selection with that pick. As Porzingis gets better and some of the younger talent develops, New York may become a more attractive free agent destination. They need to stop littering their books with bad contracts like Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee. If they do all that they may be able to actually compete by the time KP's 5-year extension is finished. The Knicks won't be able to compete for much of anything for the next year or two, but they need to re-sign Porzingis with the next 12-15 years in mind, he's a 22-year old sensation. If they trade him for assets he will spend his best days helping another organization win and the Knicks and their fans will always wonder what could have been, just like the Oklahoma City Thunder after the James Harden trade.

Resign him. Itís a no brainer. They are no where near competing, really no prospects that are real intriguing. Trade guys that are worth anything that donít fit your timeline. Draft well. Signing Porzy gives you a chance to be a East contender in a few years as for trading him doesnít.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    The Knicks need a new owner but seeing as how they aren't going to get one, they need to extend Porzingis. New York hasn't drafted a player of his caliber since Patrick Ewing. KP is only 22 years old and is averaging 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks for a career. He was averaging a career high in points, blocks, steals, and 3 point% this season before his injury. It usually takes 4-7 years for players to truly enter their prime. Porzingis, barring injury, will enter his true prime in the next 5 years.

The Knicks have a couple years to build around him. They are going to get another lottery pick this summer and they need to make a good selection with that pick. As Porzingis gets better and some of the younger talent develops, New York may become a more attractive free agent destination. They need to stop littering their books with bad contracts like Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee. If they do all that they may be able to actually compete by the time KP's 5-year extension is finished. The Knicks won't be able to compete for much of anything for the next year or two, but they need to re-sign Porzingis with the next 12-15 years in mind, he's a 22-year old sensation. If they trade him for assets he will spend his best days helping another organization win and the Knicks and their fans will always wonder what could have been, just like the Oklahoma City Thunder after the James Harden trade.
    Yup. His injury opens the door to a year and a half season of suffering but hopefully we emerge with 2-3 young players (including a top draft pick) and when he comes back those long brutal contracts will be a year and a half shorter and we will have a core to build around him into his prime. It could work out as long we don't sign any long term contracts this summer and draft the right player. Gotta tank into oblivion though. Need to be a top 5 pick.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    They should trade him for a top 3pick in this years draft and getting rid of their big contracts for expirings.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9z9xk9m

Idk something like that, give yourself instant cap space, tank your *** hard for a top 5 pick and gain another top 5 pick from a team like Phoenix who would love to pair KP with Devin Booker.

I want the Knicks to be good, feel bad for NYK fans, they canít catch a break!

That is what the Knicks should do but they aren't smart enough to do any of that

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast