Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What should the knicks do?

Sign porz to the 157 million deal he is allowed to get or trade him away? Here is the article on what he can get and what they should do.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ey-502578.html

If they give him this deal they should put as many things on it as the sixers did embiid but in all honesty when you factor in where the knicks are and how overrated around the league with the unicorn talk porz is they should trade him.... I think porz has insane potential but he is much higher coveted around basketball than most other players so its a weird situation to say the least.

Hate to say it but trade KP...

Get a new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Get a new owner.
    And front office

Max beasley because there was talk on here that he wan all star.

Why would they trade KP when he just tore his ACL? Selling KP at bottom tier price is the worst thing they could do. They can't trade him now, they just have to hope he comes back healthy and better for it. They can explore trading him once he does that if that is what they want to do, but they can't trade him now.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Why would they trade KP when he just tore his ACL? Selling KP at bottom tier price is the worst thing they could do. They can't trade him now, they just have to hope he comes back healthy and better for it. They can explore trading him once he does that if that is what they want to do, but they can't trade him now.
    Because if they don't trade him, either they have to give him a $157m extension or piss him off.

This is like the Philly situation from last year except that embi had a much longer and extensive injury history. I think the Knicks go the sake route. Max him and hope it turns out. All you can really do. Probably let KP sit next year to tank

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    This is like the Philly situation from last year except that embi had a much longer and extensive injury history. I think the Knicks go the sake route. Max him and hope it turns out. All you can really do. Probably let KP sit next year to tank
    there are 2 big differences... embiid has just been better and the sixers were able to max him and put a ton of protections on his injuries... Porz hasnt been as good and wont accept those same protections... that is a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    there are 2 big differences... embiid has just been better and the sixers were able to max him and put a ton of protections on his injuries... Porz hasnt been as good and wont accept those same protections... that is a huge deal.
    I know what you're saying. But the massive question mark that loomed when the sixes made the decision to max him is similar to this one. Embi has been healthy and the extension looks good now. But no matter how you parse it, there is still that uncertainty of injury and past history. I will give you that embi is a superior player to KP. But the cushion around embi extension is probably more than the Knicks and KP. Because the Knicks literally have norhing outside of KP. And they have been a laughing stick the past 15? (Knicks fans can correct me if that's less) years. While playing in the biggest market (again, correct if wrong) in the league.

I know what you're saying. But the massive question mark that loomed when the sixes made the decision to max him is similar to this one. Embi has been healthy and the extension looks good now. But no matter how you parse it, there is still that uncertainty of injury and past history. I will give you that embi is a superior player to KP. But the cushion around embi extension is probably more than the Knicks and KP. Because the Knicks literally have norhing outside of KP. And they have been a laughing stick the past 15? (Knicks fans can correct me if that's less) years. While playing in the biggest market (again, correct if wrong) in the league.
    this is correct... i disagree with nothing here.

5 years ago they were the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference and knocked the Celtics out in the 1st round.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Knicks should max KP and hope he signs bc he is injured. There is a lot more work to be done but locking up KP is the only thing that matters.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Get a new owner.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Because if they don't trade him, either they have to give him a $157m extension or piss him off.
    Isn't he eligible for more money if he waits until the following season? In the Knicks forum it seems like a foregone conclusion that KP's re-up will come in 2019, not this offseason. I don't know all of the particulars but I haven't heard much about resigning KP this year at all.

Either way, his ceiling is way too high even with the injury to trade him at a massive discount or let him walk. You pay the kid and cross your fingers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast