Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    The difference with Alshon is they werenít tagging him a 2nd time and he didnít want to be in Chicago.

Pace said talks are ongoing with Fuller. The only report that has been out there that Fuller isnít returning is from Jason LaConfora, who is a turd.

If Iím the Bears, front seven options are

Mo Wilkerson
    Trent Murphy
    Jeremiah Attouchu
    Aaron Lynch
    Kony Ealy
    Alex Okafor
    Sam Acho
    Draft Tremaine Edmunds
    Draft Lorenzo Carter

Hopefully Nagy and Trubisky makes Chicago a more alluring landing spot than fox and glennon did.

We couldn't pay top dollar for talent last year.

These coaches have me excited as a fan. I hope the players feel the similar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post

Mo Wilkerson
    Trent Murphy
    Jeremiah Attouchu
    Aaron Lynch
    Kony Ealy
    Alex Okafor
    Sam Acho
    Draft Tremaine Edmunds
    Draft Lorenzo Carter
    Taven Bryan and Sam Hubbard are two guys that fit the Pace mold that I think will be square in play @ Pick 39

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think somebody said it before. But I am more worried about this team now than i was a few weeks ago.

Team has some major Holes to fill

OLB - other than Floyd we literally don't have anyone

OG- we have Half of a starting OG. I say that because i am not sure I can count on Long playing more than half a season anymore. Meaning we almost need two.

WR has always been a huge need. We probably need at least 2 starters.

CB we are down 3 starters

TE we don't have a starter unless Shaheen steps up. But even so then wr lack any depth.

Qb No backup

And while we have almost 100 mil. That won't fill all these holes. Espeviallu when I am not sure we have quality depth at so many other spots either. ILB CB S
    Definitely some concern, but I'll wait until after FA to see what I think about all this. I'd say there's a pretty good good chance 2/3 of CB's are back, we probably sign a TE and a couple WR's in FA, and a Guard. If we end up settling for bargain guys again I'll be pretty upset though...kinda have to go for it this year, no excuse not to.

toovey mentioned it, but OLB is more of a concern that anyone covering the Bears is talking about. The position is more thin than WR at this point and your only guy there (Floyd) is rehabbing from a significant injury. You almost have to get a couple depth guys in FA and draft one with one of the first two picks.

Overall though, I'm not overly concerned yet (again, just want to see how aggressive they are in FA) because I expected most of these cuts.

Mo Wilkerson
    Trent Murphy
    Jeremiah Attouchu
    Aaron Lynch
    Kony Ealy
    Alex Okafor
    Sam Acho
    Draft Tremaine Edmunds
    Draft Lorenzo Carter
    Lol Sam Acho...Gag me with a spoon.

I just don't see how the Bears OLB corp will be improved next year unless...Very worried about the situation.

1. Floyd takes a monster jump
    2. Pace somehow lands a steal in the draft (don't see a true, legit pass rusher worth taking at 8 atm)
    3. Someone on that meh FA list explodes and has a great year.

Just not feeling really good about the situation...If it was my choice I would go hard after Alex Okafor and just hope he can bounce back from injury because before he got hurt he was pretty decent.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 03-01-2018 at 11:17 AM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    R u guys sure Fuller is worth a tag? He was so useless until last year. I didnt watch every game, but from what I saw the opposing offenses seemed to attack him a lot, Iím no expert but donít teams try n stay away from good corners? I dno, he was pretty good, he seems risky tho.
    Thatís false. He had always been streaky. But he did show signs of life before missing all of 2016. Saying he was ďuselessĒ is far from true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference with Alshon is they werenít tagging him a 2nd time and he didnít want to be in Chicago.

Pace said talks are ongoing with Fuller. The only report that has been out there that Fuller isnít returning is from Jason LaConfora, who is a turd.
    He was actually pretty solid until he missed all of 2016 woth a questionable injury.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I don't know if I trust Fuller, the guy had a break out year when it was time to get paid and there are some serious concerns he kind of quit on the team last year... I have no problem if Pace wants to go in another direction as long as he has a solid back up plan. I wouldn't be against keeping Fuller either, just not if its going to result in a overpay.

Would much rather resign Prince.

2018 is still a "stack young/emerging talent and development year" I don't think its wise or realistic to think this team will be a 9-10 win ballclub next year. I would love it, but its not realistic. Way too many holes to fill, 2nd year QB in a brand new offense etc.

2019 is the year this team really needs to take a leap, if not, well Ryan Pace is going to be looking for another job.

Yeah I have to echo DGís sentiments. Not too worried about their ability to fill most of the holes with quality talent, but I feel like lack of consistent pass rush is gonna be what pushes us back a year. I expect us to be a much more formidable team this year with playoff expectation next year.

I feel like Pace is going to do some major trading back with picks in this draft, especially since we don't have a 3rd rounder. We have so many holes to fill and only 6 or 7 picks as of now

Chiefs GM on Albert Wilson

Asked about free-agent wide receiver Albert Wilson and whether the Chiefs might consider re-signing him, Veach said: "Well, Matt's in Chicago."
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...ivers/a7azs0a/

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yeah I have to echo DGís sentiments. Not too worried about their ability to fill most of the holes with quality talent, but I feel like lack of consistent pass rush is gonna be what pushes us back a year. I expect us to be a much more formidable team this year with playoff expectation next year.
    I'll also say, even if we'd kept these guys (McPhee, Young), would it really have made any difference in our pass rush next year?

McPhee is a lock to miss time, Young isn't what he was. The biggest difference to me is that we'd just be older and more expensive. It would have been a pressing need either way.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The ChILL View Post

Pretty sure this one is gonna happen, Wilson is our slot guy next year.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast