Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    D—. I am really starting to question intelligence in here. F b-ball IQ, we need to first find out if the people in here who don’t think that was on purpose have actual intelligence for every day life, because there are obviously a lot of suckers in here.
    Haha, it's funny cuz if you actually look at the replay you gotta be a legit dumb *** to think he intentionally dove at Westbrook's leg

You can visually see him fall via leg to the back of his knee. You can visually see him stick his arm out to break his fall but his arm slides out, thus him falling on Westbrook's leg

I'm not gonna stop the cry baby party, anyone can cry as much as they want about how crappy their team is (cuz let's be honest, that's the REAL reason anyone's complaining here), but just want to point out the legitimate dumb *** effect

Every time the warriors score a bucket, this effect begins brewing within haters lmao

In other words, IKnowHoops is the perfect test subject to study
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-27-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I always thought he was underrated before, but I also didn't get to see him play this much. He was always a physical, defensive center, but I don't remember seeing such questionable moves before. A dirty player is a dirty player wherever they are. There's not bias from who he plays for imo. I think it's exposure to seeing it happen. He could have not been dirty before and just become like that since then, too. It's not out of question
    His point is, if he's wearing any other jersey during that play it's a non issue

Which is 100% true

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    His point is, if he's wearing any other jersey during that play it's a non issue

Which is 100% true
    I really don't think that's true at all though. I think the bigger issue is that it was against a star player like Westbrook. If anyone (especially with a history) dove on a star player's knee, I think it would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I really don't think that's true at all though. I think the bigger issue is that it was against a star player like Westbrook. If anyone (especially with a history) dove on a star player's knee, I think it would be an issue.
    In theory yea, but I don't think that's how reality plays out

Zaza does a step under on kawhi, people lose it. Aldridge does it to curry, people like meh.

Def a product of the hate

I'm not saying you can't criticize a move like this, but look how emo these posts complaining about Zaza are. Hella emo. That's a hate driven situation

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    The funny thing is he was widely considered underrated during his time with the Hawks and then the Mavs... he didn't start to get this bad rep so widely accepted until he turned down money and took a Vet Min to join the Warriors.

Im not going to get into the whole debate of dirty or not right now... but he definitely sees a bias against him because of who he plays for. It's human nature and similar examples can be seen with other players in the past on their top team of the day. Some just some not some embellished some not.
    No, he's been a goon for years. Usually, the only times I'd notice him was when he'd get into it with guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No, he's been a goon for years. Usually, the only times I'd notice him was when he'd get into it with guys.
    Never really watched him all that closely. Just knew he was an average defender with a decent jumpshot, passing ability and could hit free throws. But remember in the NBA of the last 10 years, center is the last vestige to the old ways. Most bigs are expected to be the enforcers. Right or wrong that's what the league has shifted to.

He might have been goon or not but he doesn't take the heat he does now playing for any other team.

Let's say he is/was a dirty player by nature of being on the team he is that "dirtyness" is going to be embellished as the spotlight/magnifying glass on the warriors is far greater. You put him on Nets making the same play and it might get talked about for a full 15 seconds but no one rants about kicking him out of the league or fining him or suspending him or the league needing to have an intervention with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420:32196400
    The funny thing is he was widely considered underrated during his time with the Hawks and then the Mavs... he didn't start to get this bad rep so widely accepted until he turned down money and took a Vet Min to join the Warriors.

Im not going to get into the whole debate of dirty or not right now... but he definitely sees a bias against him because of who he plays for. It's human nature and similar examples can be seen with other players in the past on their top team of the day. Some just some not some embellished some not.
    I have been watching him play since he's been a Hawk. I have nothing against the Warriors. I actually felt obligated to mention that last night (decided not to) because I also know it's "human nature" to think that.
    Last edited by aman_13; 02-27-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:32196537

Which is 100% true
    Except it's not.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't care who he plays for. I don't get into petty arguments. I'm a huge Steph Curry fan, and I'm lucky that we get a lot of Warrior games here in Toronto. Zaza has been annoying me long before he's been a Warrior.

It's not a surprise however to see Warrior fans play that card.

Zaza was regarded as 'dirty' before he joined the Warriors. That has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    LeBron's taking out teams and collecting his infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Zaza was regarded as 'dirty' before he joined the Warriors. That has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    agreed. I do think people are holding his rep against him on a play where you can't tell if it was on purpose but its not b/c he is a Warrior. If Thompson or Livingston was involved in the same play no one would have batted and eye. i think its b/c its Zaza not b/c it's a Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Never really watched him all that closely. Just knew he was an average defender with a decent jumpshot, passing ability and could hit free throws. But remember in the NBA of the last 10 years, center is the last vestige to the old ways. Most bigs are expected to be the enforcers. Right or wrong that's what the league has shifted to.

He might have been goon or not but he doesn't take the heat he does now playing for any other team.

Let's say he is/was a dirty player by nature of being on the team he is that "dirtyness" is going to be embellished as the spotlight/magnifying glass on the warriors is far greater. You put him on Nets making the same play and it might get talked about for a full 15 seconds but no one rants about kicking him out of the league or fining him or suspending him or the league needing to have an intervention with him.
    I get that being on the Warriors and jumping under Kawhi or jumping on Westbrook now are more of an exposure than pulling dirty moves years ago as a Mav or Buck or Hawk, but it doesn't mean that people weren't talking about it then and remembering him for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    They don't personally remember so it must not have been a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    agreed. I do think people are holding his rep against him on a play where you can't tell if it was on purpose but its not b/c he is a Warrior. If Thompson or Livingston was involved in the same play no one would have batted and eye. i think its b/c its Zaza not b/c it's a Warrior
    I agree ... I also wonder if it would be a thing if it wasn't for Kawhi last year. I see worse behavior from other players who skate on it for whatever reason right now it seems like Zaza is more in the magnifying glass ... maybe it's that the NBA has always had a big white guy who is the "thug" and right now it's Zaza. Zaza needs Olynyk to really step up his game.

Remember when people said bogut was dirty cuz he gets away with fouls? lol

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Except it's not.
    Except that it actually is

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast