Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Sorry, I'll stop talking about Dahl. Geez.
    Haha Iíve seen it not here but other places. Itís mostly the disappointment of him missing a full year and itís a set back for a guy who otherwise would be a contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Haha Iíve seen it not here but other places. Itís mostly the disappointment of him missing a full year and itís a set back for a guy who otherwise would be a contributor.
    He had an excellent cup of coffee in 2016 and then missed all of 2017. I didn't realize he was only 23 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

2 more weeks till opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    2 more weeks till opening day.
    I was watching a documentary on MLB network and its hard to believe opening day use to be in the middle of April. Now I know for older fans that isn't news but I'm 32 years old and I never remember regular season baseball starting that late. I wish they would go back to that because for fans on the east coast, starting baseball in late March is a joke.

Its like 35 degrees here at 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I was watching a documentary on MLB network and its hard to believe opening day use to be in the middle of April. Now I know for older fans that isn't news but I'm 32 years old and I never remember regular season baseball starting that late. I wish they would go back to that because for fans on the east coast, starting baseball in late March is a joke.

There were fewer teams and a 154 game schedule back then too. No wild cards or playoffs, AL winner played NL winner in the Series. Done by early-mid October at latest.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Yeah, and there was a blizzard at Coors last year in early April. Granted, they were away at that time, but imagine the scheduling nightmare of having to reschedule 3-5 games because of that. My guess is that, knowing the blizzard, they would play "home" games at the opposing teams stadium, or something like that. Think of how that sucks for the fans and players.

Ohtani is struggling badly at the plate anybody change their mind about him being sent to the minors to start the season to work things out? He looks lost.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Ohtani is struggling badly at the plate anybody change their mind about him being sent to the minors to start the season to work things out? He looks lost.
    He's pitcher who can hit. Not a hitter who can pitch. He's not a MLB hitter. If he doesn't hit, it's not a big deal. I don't think many actually expected much from him at the plate anyway.

He also got rocked his last time out for 7 runs. Looks like maybe the new car smell may be going away ?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

0-4 with 2 Ks today for Otani. AVG now at .083.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Yeah, and there was a blizzard at Coors last year in early April. Granted, they were away at that time, but imagine the scheduling nightmare of having to reschedule 3-5 games because of that. My guess is that, knowing the blizzard, they would play "home" games at the opposing teams stadium, or something like that. Think of how that sucks for the fans and players.
    Its ridiculous imo. Either start the season later (which I know won't happen) or have a lot of teams in cold weather cities start the season down South or on the West coast. At the very least in stadiums that have a retractable roof or dome.

The Mets always get stuck going West right around the 4th of July or just after the all star break. I'd much rather they get most of those games out of the way early in the season. I'm sure the players would too.

Crappy weather for a few games to start the season is much better than pushing the playoffs further in to fall and having weather issues then.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Crappy weather for a few games to start the season is much better than pushing the playoffs further in to fall and having weather issues then.
    At some point I expect the MLBPA to push for a shortened regular season and longer post season. Makes $ense for both sides.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Ronald acuna slashing at .432/.519/.727

Quote Originally Posted by mike44 View Post
    Ronald acuna slashing at .432/.519/.727
    Assigned to minor league camp today

I am that Daddy Cool

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast