Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billy Graham Passes

Not a fan, but obviously an influential person for a long time.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Donald J. Trump
    (@realDonaldTrump)
    The GREAT Billy Graham is dead. There was nobody like him! He will be missed by Christians and all religions. A very special man.

For the record, I don't follow Trump on Twitter.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

I have no clue who that is

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

The wrestler or the con artist?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    (@realDonaldTrump)
    The GREAT Billy Graham is dead. There was nobody like him! He will be missed by Christians and all religions. A very special man.

For the record, I don't follow Trump on Twitter.
    I mean, he was pretty damn antisemitic, so I doubt the Jews will miss him!
    this my sig

Hfith

RIP to a great christian that brought a lot of people to Christ. He didn't play politics and counseled democrats to republicans.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I mean, he was pretty damn antisemitic, so I doubt the Jews will miss him!
    No he wasn't, obviously he said a dumb thing or whatever in that area but was far from being antisemitic. I would also like to point out that he was quite a powerful voice in support of Martin Luther King and being anti-segregation.

Dont have to believe or agree with his faith but he was a great man and was one of the last few greats out there that completely devoted their life to helping others to the extent that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    No he wasn't, obviously he said a dumb thing or whatever in that area but was far from being antisemitic. I would also like to point out that he was quite a powerful voice in support of Martin Luther King and being anti-segregation.

Dont have to believe or agree with his faith but he was a great man and was one of the last few greats out there that completely devoted their life to helping others to the extent that he did.
    You're tempting me! Don't suck me in! I wrote a paper on him and the rise of the modern televangelist at my Catholic college so I have many opinions! But I won't share them because "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything nice at all"

He lived a long and influential life and people freaking loved him. So, good for him.

(Oh, and I disagree with the "he didn't play politics". He pounced on every chance to make that appear to be the case, but he was hugely political.)
    this my sig

RIP. Definitely a influential man to many over the years.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

You're tempting me! Don't suck me in! I wrote a paper on him and the rise of the modern televangelist at my Catholic college so I have many opinions! But I won't share them because "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything nice at all"

He lived a long and influential life and people freaking loved him. So, good for him.

(Oh, and I disagree with the "he didn't play politics". He pounced on every chance to make that appear to be the case, but he was hugely political.)
    He never refused to meet with any president.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    He never refused to meet with any president.
    This is absurdly false.
    this my sig

This is absurdly false.
    Which president did he refuse to meet with?

Rev. Graham was the unofficial Pope of the Protestants. We need a new one. RIP

Don't do it! They can't handle the truth!

EDIT: Very influential person no doubt, no matter where you stand religiously or politically. He'll be missed by many.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast