Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 175
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,290

    Better lineup: Red Sox or Yankees

    Who got the better lineup between the two teams?

    https://twitter.com/jimbowdengm/stat...23388026212352


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52,154
    Yankees, easily.

    They outscored the Red Sox by about 75 runs last year and added Stanton.

    I realize some projections have them about equal, but I don't see it, even with the regresses to players like Stanton and Judge.

    Last year, the Yankees had a 108 wRC+
    Red Sox had a 92

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    17,874
    Yankees have more thump but Red Sox seem more Ďconsistentí all around.

    Devers/NuŮez/Pedroia seems safer than the Yankees options at 2nd and 3rd.

    JD compares out to Stanton/Judge offensively but the Yankees have both so iíll go Yankees.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    30,016
    Yankees have Sanchez, judge, and Stanton. That's a lot of muscle

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17,340
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Yankees have Sanchez, judge, and Stanton. That's a lot of muscle
    Yes but also a lot of Ks as well.


    PAPI SMASH!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,906
    Yankees have the better lineup but red sox pitching staff is better. Red Sox having Price, Carson Smith and Tylery Thorhburg healthy this year will be huge. All 3 missed significant time last season.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Yankees have the better lineup but red sox pitching staff is better. Red Sox having Price, Carson Smith and Tylery Thorhburg healthy this year will be huge. All 3 missed significant time last season.
    Plus price might be in a contract year

    Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,290
    Yankees


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    19,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yankees, easily.

    They outscored the Red Sox by about 75 runs last year and added Stanton.

    I realize some projections have them about equal, but I don't see it, even with the regresses to players like Stanton and Judge.

    Last year, the Yankees had a 108 wRC+
    Red Sox had a 92
    It's not just regression by players like Stanton, it's improvements by players on the redsox, nearly everyone had a down year last year.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,697
    Yankees but it'll probably be close. Pitching should be close too, everyone seems to think the Sox rotation blows away the Yanks but I think they are pretty similar.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    3,438
    Yankees with the thump, but Red Sox have a deeper lineup.
    Screw sabermetics.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    27,717
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Yes but also a lot of Ks as well.
    Really? First you say the Sox have the better BP which is weird lol and now itís the Ks ? Iíll take those Ks plus whatever Sanchez, Stanton, Didi, Judge, Gardy, Bird ( finally healthy) and Gleyber Torres give us .... Price really is probably a contract you like to do over , see Ellsbury ha ha
    #BringBackMatty

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    27,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Plus price might be in a contract year

    Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Heís not opting out ... why would he ? He wonít get that money on the open market
    #BringBackMatty

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    710
    Yankees... not even close.


    Also, after this year's FA, I seriously doubt that ANY player is going to opt out of a big contract.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Heís not opting out ... why would he ? He wonít get that money on the open market
    According to Michael Kay Price hates it in Boston. Idk how true it is but he seemed pretty confident that he does not like it in Boston.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •