Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    AM disappointed they haven't implemented a rule to place a runner at 2B to start every half inning after the 14th inning during the regular season.
    I hope that never happens. Besides, how many games go 14 innings or more anyway? A few a year? Those aren't the problem. I like watching games that go several innings.

Some more pure stupidity. We need to impeach these mofos that come up with these ideas.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

Too much power in the umpires hands to actually legislate this, though.
    You bet. The power given to Joe West, Angel Hernandez and CB Bucknor is crazy here, and with no accountability either.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I donít know why they canít use miked helmets for the pitcher and catcher. Would take some experimenting to get the tech and logistics right but itís clearly worked for the NFL.
    I doubt that ever happens, but I can imagine the catcher and dugout yelling audibles out for sign changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I hope that never happens. Besides, how many games go 14 innings or more anyway? A few a year? Those aren't the problem. I like watching games that go several innings.
    I donít like games that go more than 15 innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I donít like games that go more than 15 innings.

Watch something else

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    You bet. The power given to Joe West, Angel Hernandez and CB Bucknor is crazy here, and with no accountability either.
    I feel like when the day comes when these clowns (and a few others) are no longer in the game, umpiring will improve dramatically.
    ------

Base runner on 2nd after the 14th inning is such a little league type of thing.

------

Pace of plays rules are fine with me, though I do agree umpires like West and his cronies having more power is not what baseball needs. If you are giving umps more power in new situations, then you should take some power away from umps in other areas, for example....no more quick ejections.
    Screw sabermetics.

6 non-pitching change visits a game is going to do nothing. I thought it was just 6 visits a game. Now that would make a difference.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 02-20-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    6 non-pitching change visits a game is going to do nothing. I thought it was just 6 visits a game. Now that would make a difference.
    You obviously don't watch Yankee games. Gary Sanchez makes 6 mound visits an inning, so Yankee games will take a lot less time

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Watch something else

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Gotta go to bed. I work.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Then go to sleep and/or DVR it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Then go to sleep and/or DVR it.
    Never understood why people record sports games. Between the updates to my phone, social media, and newspapers, youíre going to find out the score. Just find highlights and you get the jist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Never understood why people record sports games. Between the updates to my phone, social media, and newspapers, youíre going to find out the score. Just find highlights and you get the jist of it.
    Or you could separate yourself from your precious devices for a little bit if watching the game unspoiled means that much to you but yes, it can be tough to do that without putting in a concentrated effort. Radio silence mode. I'm more of a watch the game slightly delayed to fast forward through commercials kinda guy than watch it the next day.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Or you could separate yourself from your precious devices for a little bit if watching the game unspoiled means that much to you but yes, it can be tough to do that without putting in a concentrated effort. Radio silence mode. I'm more of a watch the game slightly delayed to fast forward through commercials kinda guy than watch it the next day.
    Only reason I said that was because my cousin does that with Knicks games...I ask him why he even bothers because we all know theyíre gonna lose lol.

He still watches the games even if somebody spoils it/he knows their slash line.

Itís not that easy to separate from my phone unless I have a good reason to miss the game. MLB.com sends me updates to my phone for every run scored and all of that. Not to mention the amount of bars/hangouts around here, canít exactly walk down a block without one of those spots playing a Yankees or Mets game.

I definitely agree about the fast forwards though. they cut a 3:30 hour game into less than 2. I rewatched Johanís no hitter the other day and for a game that initially felt like an eternity, it went by really quick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I doubt that ever happens, but I can imagine the catcher and dugout yelling audibles out for sign changes.
    Pitcher and catcher would just have earpieces or helmets with speakers (thereís been a push for pitchers to wear a more protective head gear anyways). Would eliminate signs all together. Bench could call out pitches until the pitcher nods to one he likes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast