Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:32182396
    Oh I believe him too that he said it on accident, but it still kinda shows him as being racist if he's accidentally saying that. If you say that somewhere on accident it probably means you say (and think) it somewhere else not on accident

It's nothing big tho, pretty common, it's not like he's not like a hardcore racist
    Yeah I meant saying the word. I don't know if he's actually a racist.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    Is saying something offensive to other people make you instantly a racist?
    of course... that is the environment we live in now... not only that but he should lose his job... all his money... and anything else the mob wants...

The outrage is hilarious because there are probably 5-10 MORE racist things being said daily at a practice on any given team.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    How the hell did that even make it into the video, so many levels of failure there.
    lol, for real!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    everyone in china is so offended and outraged...

of course not by the treatment of their people by their government but a NBA basketball player trying to wish them well...

in other important news.... the sun rose in the east this AM
    lmao, what a weird response. What's their govt have to do with this?

Like I said, Reddick mentality, common in America. Not that serious

Seriously. Last I checked slavery was done. Murcia *****!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    How the hell did that even make it into the video, so many levels of failure there.
    That's what I was thinking, it's not like it was live. How did no one catch that when putting the video clips together?

I really can't imagine him saying that on purpose on a video that's directed towards Chinese b-ball fans. It's not like he was caught making a comment when he thought no one was listening/recording. Still definitely sounds like he said it though so it's a bad look.

I know exactly how he feels. Giving a group presentation a few years ago and accidentally said the N-word when I was trying to say the country Niger. It was something I had studied for weeks and I remember at one point during this study I subconsciously said to myself to not say the wrong word. Of course it wasn't an issue during the many practice runs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lmao, what a weird response. What's their govt have to do with this?

Like I said, Reddick mentality, common in America. Not that serious
    nothing ... but in the grand scheme of things in China it is fundamentally irrelevant

We all get that saying one racist thing doesn't make you a racist. But it seems a lot of people here don't even think what he did was wrong. It is a weird time in America where when someone says something racist or offensive and many people's first instinct is "I must defend this person".

He CLEARLY didn’t mean to say it, and not like it slipped out, like he was saying something else and the words jumbled. JJ is not a stupid guy, why in the world would he say that on a global commercial spreading goodwill directly towards the Chinese people? That’s dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We all get that saying one racist thing doesn't make you a racist. But it seems a lot of people here don't even think what he did was wrong. It is a weird time in America where when someone says something racist or offensive and many people's first instinct is "I must defend this person".
    I'm not offended by it and I'm Vietnamese. We all look the same lol so I get the chink thing too. But I can see where people need to be called out to keep things in check. I think I'm the type that If someone else is already calling them out, or the degree in which they are getting called out is high enough, I don't think I need to. However, if I feel like no one is calling him out, I might have to not because I'm offended but because it's someone has to to keep things in line.

Ur a complete idiot on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    nothing ... but in the grand scheme of things in China it is fundamentally irrelevant
    Wouldn't its relevance be determined by each individual differently? I'm assuming you're a non Chinese person living in America, so of course to you it's irrelevant. But why would that equate to it being irrelevant to them?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We all get that saying one racist thing doesn't make you a racist. But it seems a lot of people here don't even think what he did was wrong.
    Yea, like I mentioned, that Reddick slip represents a pretty common mentality here.

It's like those YouTube videos where someone black (or any other non white, but especially blacks) does something stupid, hundred percent guarantee your gonna get a solid chunk of responses talking down on blacks, and racial slurs, etc etc

This is 'murica *****!!
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-19-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Ur a complete idiot on purpose
    You dont even have to fake it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast