Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Moustakas only got $5.5 with an extra $2.2 if incentives are captured?

Thanks Cashman! We could have swooped in got him real cheap for one year and then probably would have witnessed 45 homeruns from him as a Yankee.
    It's easy to have such a knee jerk reaction, until you read the fine print that gives Moose Cockca the option (and team has a mutual option) to continue to play the following year at a $15.5 million. The Yankees refused to give a 2 year contract to him or Todd Frazier or any 3rd baseman, because Machado and Donaldson will both hit the free agent market. Then, there is the loss of draft picks and international signing dollars, which the Yankees refused to do for any player. Then, there is the desperation that he felt and his willingness to give the Royals a hometown discount, because, after Hosmer and Cain signed elsewhere, he would be viewed as the returning hero and Mister Royal.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You're probably correct but Torres has not had a good spring and is still coming back from injury/surgery. He needs time in the minors to get back into the real swing of things and the Yankees are also benefited with an extra year of control.

Also, Wade himself was a solid prospect.

Geesh.
    torres had a fabulous spring training last year and did not make the team...

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Gary Sanchez and yanks agree at $620,400, a bargain.

Others agreeing to one-year deals were pitchers Chad Green ($570,800/$229,005), Luis Cessa ($568,925/$171,615), Giovanny Gallegos ($549,575/$144,811), Domingo German ($548,225/$88,900), Ben Heller ($547,475/$96,395) and Jonathan Loaisiga ($545,000/$44,500); infielders Ronald Torreyes ($615,500/$280,950), Gleyber Torres ($545,000/$44,500), Tyler Wade ($551,300/$122,214), Miguel Andujar ($545,800/$88,900) and Thairo Estrada ($545,000/$44,500); and outfielders Clint Frazier ($559,200/$135,943) and Jake Cave ($545,000/$88,900).
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/09/gary-s...r-top-hitters/
    non arbitration eligible players.. yanks given them a little more than what they would have been paid due to appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sheffield bounced to the minors. I had hoped he'd be ready to compete for a spot but nope. He didn't really look close. Maybe the end of the season or hopefully next year. He has the stuff. He just couldn't locate.
    He's always been about potential, his velo and movement touted as credible and ML worthy. What seems to be missing is the control of such potentially dominating stuff. Hopefully another year or so of seasoning under the watchful eye of pitching staff gets it right.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Relax. He's 21 yrs. old coming off an injury. He'll be a fixture in YS for years. Patience.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

if andujar the staring 3b i would be happy with not getting mouse but if drury is then i am upset...
    Wah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I agree he needs to earn a lineup spot. But in his defense, those two hot streaks you mentioned make up the majority of his career. He had a very bad stretch to start last year. He was great to end '15 and great when he came back last year (including playoffs). Regular and postseason combined 405 plate appearances total and that bad start to last year was 72 of them. So those "two very good streaks" make up about 82% of his career. He's been very good overall when he's played. It's just an issue of staying on the field.
    I don't know where you got the 82% from, Last year he was awful with the exception of the last month and the playoffs. The injuries are also concerning. It is out of his control, but some players are injury prone and it becomes a problem. I hope that isn't the case with him, but he's dealt with back, shoulder, and foot injuries so far.

He'll definitely get the benefit of the doubt, and should. My point was that we haven't seen him over a full season. Is he the player that he is during his hot streak or is he not that good over a full season?

Thanks Cashman! We could have swooped in got him real cheap for one year and then probably would have witnessed 45 homeruns from him as a Yankee.
    I saw that and was shaking my head. That would've made our offense look really scary this year and we could've used the assets from the Drury trade to make other trades.

Cashman's logic is that he found a young and cost control 3B that he'll have for more than one year. He also saves money to either sign a pitcher that's willing to accept a bargain deal or he make an in-season trade without going over the luxury tax threshold.

But signing Mus, would've made us a heck of a team this year.

You're forgetting he would have cost a draft picks and international signing money.. Not worth it, especially for a 1 year deal. Stfu.

Why, so he could have sat on the bench behind

Castro
    Didi
    Headley

If you thought those players were getting benched for at the time a 20 year old player who spent no time in Triple A at the time, sadly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Why, so he could have sat on the bench behind

Castro
    Didi
    Headley

If you thought those players were getting benched for at the time a 20 year old player who spent no time in Triple A at the time, sadly mistaken.
    really and what was headley last year manny machado?

Moose's career OPS is .730 (but he's bumped it up to .824 the last 3 years, except one of those years was only 27 games).

Drury's career OPS is .767.

Moose is a 3B only. Drury can play 2B/3B and has shown versatility to fill in at 1B and in the OF.

Moose would be a one year stop-gap. Drury is under team control for 4 more seasons.

Moose would cost a 2nd round pick, Drury cost a couple of down-the-depth-chart prospects.

All things considered, I like that we got Drury over Moose.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Mike hit his first HR today. Drive in Judge who was in first. Good times.

really and what was headley last year manny machado?

If he had stayed healthy, maybe he gets called up some point during the season.

But The fact is.. That's all you took from that post.. I'm done engaging with you and wasting my time. Toodles.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Mike hit his first HR today. Drive in Judge who was in my ******* first. Good times.

Oh

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast