Stanton LF
    Sanchez C
    Hicks CF
    Lind DH
    Andujar 3B
    Torres 2B

Montgomery SP

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

so really no stream for the game anywhere?

Andujar 0-3 today. Kid sucks. Drury better.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/brando...medium=twitter

Good read on fan favorite, Brandon Drury.

Enough with putting Bird in the middle of this line-up. At some point, he'll need to earn his playing time and I think the Yanks agree, hence Lind.

Andujar would be a sweet number 5 or 6 hitter for this team this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Enough with putting Bird in the middle of this line-up. At some point, he'll need to earn his playing time and I think the Yanks agree, hence Lind.

Canít tell if u are joking or not. First, I agree with you about bird. I do think he will eventually be a 3-5 hitter, but he needs to show he can do it.

Second, your point about Andujar seems a bit rushed. Just like ppl talk about Bird, remember he tore it up in Spring Training last year. Andujar had a good 2 game debut with the Yanks, and has had a hot week in the minors. Letís not jump the gun on him. I think he will eventually hit enough to be a 5/6 hitter. Once again, letís let him earn it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Canít tell if u are joking or not. First, I agree with you about bird. I do think he will eventually be a 3-5 hitter, but he needs to show he can do it.

Second, your point about Andujar seems a bit rushed. Just like ppl talk about Bird, remember he tore it up in Spring Training last year. Andujar had a good 2 game debut with the Yanks, and has had a hot week in the minors. Letís not jump the gun on him. I think he will eventually hit enough to be a 5/6 hitter. Once again, letís let him earn it first.

Bird had a good month and a hot spring and that was enough for him to earn it I guess. Other than finishing up with a good spring, what else does Andujar need to do to earn it? It's not like he's been given a chance and hasn't succeeded. People keep talking about his D but Im still waiting to see an issue there.

Sorry, it's spring just can't see taking him to task this early. He's preparing for season. Gardy and Ells have worse spring numbers, should we replace them as well?(wish we could find a taker for Ells) Move Gardy down in the lineup? Bird's taking walks, seems patient at plate, imo he's honing his eye and swing. If it were May or June I would understand the discontent.

He's shown what he's capable of, I think he deserves the benefit of doubt and a little time to find his groove.
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-07-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Sorry, it's spring just can't see aking him to task this early. He's preparing for season. Gardy and Ells have worse spring numbers, should we replace them as well?(wish we could find a taker for Ells) Move Gardy down in the lineup? Bird's taking walks, seems patient at plate, imo he's honing his eye and swing. If it were May or June I would understand the discontent.

He's shown what he's capable of, I think he deserves the benefit of doubt and a little time to find his groove.
    You don't think Bird has been given the benefit of the doubt? I don't care where he hits in Spring. Im talking about all these moch line-ips with Bird in the 2 or 3 hole and all im saying is, he needs to earn that.

You don't think Bird has been given the benefit of the doubt? I don't care where he hits in Spring. Im talking about all these moch line-ips with Bird in the 2 or 3 hole and all im saying is, he needs to earn that.
    Well....I think past performance (although very limited) has earned him some respect by FO and coaching staff.

I agree come regular season he will need to show he deserves to be a 2-3 hole bat. I hope it happens. It would be a devastating line up with Bird splitting Sanchez and Stanton.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post

Bird has had two very good streaks, one was during his rookie season when he was called up and the other was at the end of last year. We haven't seen him for a full season. We don't know what type of player he'll be for a full season. Lets hope he gets off to a good start and stays healthy. We're kind of thin at 1B, so if he's struggling we're kind of screwed. Plus he's one of the rare lefties in our lineup, so he's really important to this team. He'll have to earn the 3 spot, it can't be just given to him.

Ah.. Complaining about spring training line ups. Geesh.

Yanks vs Mets

1.Gardy
    2.Drury
    3.Andujar
    4.Austin
    5.Espinosa
    6.Romine
    7.Torreyes
    8.Robinson
    9.Florial

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Bird has had two very good streaks, one was during his rookie season when he was called up and the other was at the end of last year. We haven't seen him for a full season. We don't know what type of player he'll be for a full season. Lets hope he gets off to a good start and stays healthy. We're kind of thin at 1B, so if he's struggling we're kind of screwed. Plus he's one of the rare lefties in our lineup, so he's really important to this team. He'll have to earn the 3 spot, it can't be just given to him.
    I agree he needs to earn a lineup spot. But in his defense, those two hot streaks you mentioned make up the majority of his career. He had a very bad stretch to start last year. He was great to end '15 and great when he came back last year (including playoffs). Regular and postseason combined 405 plate appearances total and that bad start to last year was 72 of them. So those "two very good streaks" make up about 82% of his career. He's been very good overall when he's played. It's just an issue of staying on the field.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

If Andujar doesn't unanimously win MVP, ROY, GG and SS this year I will be shocked. He's THAT good.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast