Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Official 2018 Spring Training thread.

Position players report today. It's time. Go for it.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/965209292092596224
    Last edited by drt1010; 02-18-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Can't wait to see my favorite player, Jake, in action! Dude is sooooo good!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Can't wait to see my favorite player, Jake, in action! Dude is sooooo good!

Don't forget handsome!
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Don't forget handsome!
    And rich

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And rich
    ....lest we forget, the best player to ever wear a Yankee uni AND quite possibly the best player to ever play in MLB!

....lest we forget, the best player to ever wear a Yankee uni AND quite possibly the best player to ever play in MLB!
    Arods back?!?!?!

Position players were due to report to Tampa today and, as far as I can tell, everyone arrived without incident. No visa issues or other late arrivals. Giancarlo Stanton was in camp and I gotta say, he looks pretty darn good in pinstripes. Can we fast forward to the start of the season please? Anyway, here’s the latest from Tampa:
    Jordan Montgomery, Chance Adams, Dillon Tate, and Justus Sheffield were among those to throw bullpen sessions today. Sonny Gray and various minor leaguers, including Jonathan Loaisiga, threw live batting practice. I do believe Gray is the first MLB starter to face hitters this spring. He’ll probably get into a game sooner than everyone else in that case. [Bryan Hoch]
    Aaron Judge is progressing well following offseason shoulder surgery and he will take full batting practice on the field with the rest of the position players tomorrow. Good news. [Erik Boland]
    Jacoby Ellsbury confirmed the Yankees never asked him to waive his no-trade clause over the winter. He was diplomatic when asked about his role, saying, “I know I have a lot of baseball left. Just excited to go out there and play.” Ellsbury added “you want to play (but) winning” is the priority. [Jack Curry, Boland]
    The Yankees haven’t announced anything, but it appears lefty Trevor Lane is in camp as a non-roster invitee. He threw live batting practice today and there are photos of him in big league camp. Lane, 23, was the team’s tenth round pick in 2016. He had a 1.52 ERA (2.37 FIP) with 26.5% strikeouts and 5.8% walks in 65.1 Single-A relief innings last year.
    And finally, if you’re interested in such things, the coaches have numbers now. Hoch has the list. Bench coach Josh Bard is wearing No. 59, first base coach Reggie Willits has No. 50, and third base coach Phil Nevin has No. 53. http://riveraveblues.com/2018/02/ope...otes-4-166383/

Position players were due to report to Tampa today and, as far as I can tell, everyone arrived without incident. No visa issues or other late arrivals. Giancarlo Stanton was in camp and I gotta say, he looks pretty darn good in pinstripes. Can we fast forward to the start of the season please? Anyway, here’s the latest from Tampa:
    Jordan Montgomery, Chance Adams, Dillon Tate, and Justus Sheffield were among those to throw bullpen sessions today. Sonny Gray and various minor leaguers, including Jonathan Loaisiga, threw live batting practice. I do believe Gray is the first MLB starter to face hitters this spring. He’ll probably get into a game sooner than everyone else in that case. [Bryan Hoch]
    Aaron Judge is progressing well following offseason shoulder surgery and he will take full batting practice on the field with the rest of the position players tomorrow. Good news. [Erik Boland]
    Jacoby Ellsbury confirmed the Yankees never asked him to waive his no-trade clause over the winter. He was diplomatic when asked about his role, saying, “I know I have a lot of baseball left. Just excited to go out there and play.” Ellsbury added “you want to play (but) winning” is the priority. [Jack Curry, Boland]
    The Yankees haven’t announced anything, but it appears lefty Trevor Lane is in camp as a non-roster invitee. He threw live batting practice today and there are photos of him in big league camp. Lane, 23, was the team’s tenth round pick in 2016. He had a 1.52 ERA (2.37 FIP) with 26.5% strikeouts and 5.8% walks in 65.1 Single-A relief innings last year.
    And finally, if you’re interested in such things, the coaches have numbers now. Hoch has the list. Bench coach Josh Bard is wearing No. 59, first base coach Reggie Willits has No. 50, and third base coach Phil Nevin has No. 53. http://riveraveblues.com/2018/02/ope...otes-4-166383/
    Are you sure? UNK didn't tell me position players had to report today.

You know what, lemmie call UNK to confirm.

RedSox just signed JD Martinez

5/110
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 02-19-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    Nick

1998 Yankees 51-18 ---

2018 Yankees 47-22 4

Okay , does that mean you’re leaving???? 🙏
    #BringBackMatty

That's a great contract for Boston. Set it up with opt outs after year 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Okay , does that mean you’re leaving???? 🙏
    Please
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

[https://pbs]

Meredith Marakovits

@M_Marakovits

Tyler Wade worked with Albert Pujols on his swing this past offseason. With Pujols’ guidance he made adjustments which now allow him to better handle inside pitches. Wade told me “ it’s night and day” feels good about where he is at offensively coming into ST #yankees

11:06 AM · Feb 20, 2018 from Tampa, FL

Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayFRS) tweeted at 6:21 PM on Tue, Feb 20, 2018:

Source: #Rays acquiring 2B Nick Solak from the #Yankees. Return unknown.

(https://twitter.com/RobertMurrayFRS/...974189056?s=09)

Hmmm..

Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) tweeted at 6:32 PM on Tue, Feb 20, 2018:

Yanks get Brandon drury

(https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...494294528?s=09)

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast