Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Mikal with 25 points good defense and won the game for Villy the big East Champs, sadly his rating is going up and up.

He is the SF shooter we need and he can play defense.
    I doubt he goes that high based on his age and because he's a 3-and-D kind of player. I think 7 is the highest he can go. He's the player that compliments the players at the top of the draft, not the kind of player you necessarily build around on his own.
    Last edited by smood999; 03-10-2018 at 10:25 PM.

If Mikal played at one of the Blue-Blood universities, his stock would be through the roof. You can question his build, but 99.9% of players entering the NBA have to work on their body. People don't want to say it but the two biggest "flaws" Mikal has is that he's not a freshman and he doesn't play in a major 5 conference.

People have to remember that a player doesn't have to be a freshman or from Kentucky, Duke, or Arizona to become a great NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    If Mikal played at one of the Blue-Blood universities, his stock would be through the roof. You can question his build, but 99.9% of players entering the NBA have to work on their body. People don't want to say it but the two biggest "flaws" Mikal has is that he's not a freshman and he doesn't play in a major 5 conference.

People have to remember that a player doesn't have to be a freshman or from Kentucky, Duke, or Arizona to become a great NBA player.
    Nova has clout. They just won a National Championship also. I donít think that has anything to do with it. The Big East is always one of the top basketball conferences. That argument doesnít make sense.

In football, the Big East isnít included with the power 5 conferences. Basketball is different. Itís considered a major conference.

Age is the biggest factor and rightfully so. When a player is redshirted and then finally does this four years later, it would be irresponsible not to have questions. It also gives him somewhat of a ceiling.
    Last edited by smood999; 03-10-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Nova has clout. They just won a National Championship also. I donít think that has anything to do with it. The Big East is always one of the top basketball conferences. That argument doesnít make sense.

In football, the Big East isnít included with the power 5 conferences. Basketball is different. Itís considered a major conference.

Age is the biggest factor and rightfully so. When a player is redshirted and then finally does this four years later, it would be irresponsible not to have questions. It also gives him somewhat of a ceiling.
    Truth.

Nova is not a player when it comes to landing the nations top recruits every year and most people can't even name the teams in the new big east. They won a national championship true enough, but as far as "clout" they are not viewed on the same level as the Dukes and Kentucky's year end and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Nova is not a player when it comes to landing the nations top recruits every year and most people can't even name the teams in the new big east. They won a national championship true enough, but as far as "clout" they are not viewed on the same level as the Dukes and Kentucky's year end and year out.
    Idk...I think itís different in basketball. The majority of the tournament teams still come from the Big East, ACC, and Big 10. That hasnít changed.

I would also argue that Mikal has a ton of hype around him right now. Iím not sure why you think itís the opposite
    Last edited by smood999; 03-11-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Big East does not produce first round picks..........last 4 drafts produced, 2 (one didn't make the team), 1, 0 and 1.

4 out of 120 is not exactly a good number for a powerhouse conference.

that said this year the Big East stepped up and should produce more but mock drafts have 3 out of 60 in the first and second round, again not exactly a big representation.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Big East does not produce first round picks..........last 4 drafts produced, 2 (one didn't make the team), 1, 0 and 1.

4 out of 120 is not exactly a good number for a powerhouse conference.

that said this year the Big East stepped up and should produce more but mock drafts have 3 out of 60 in the first and second round, again not exactly a big representation.
    Conference realignment a few years ago messed up the big East... Teams like Lousiville, Syracuse and UConn are no longer in the Big East and they were the traditional schools top prospects would go to if they wanted Big East basketball.

The Big East has six teams (more than the Big 10 and Pac 12) in the tournament and two number 1 seeds. I think the conference is still one of the better conferences in college bball. The Big East is still one of the best conferences in college bball.
    Last edited by smood999; 03-11-2018 at 08:23 PM.

I doubt he goes that high based on his age and because he's a 3-and-D kind of player. I think 7 is the highest he can go. He's the player that compliments the players at the top of the draft, not the kind of player you necessarily build around on his own.
    You maybe right but if we do not get lucky we will not be picking at the top so if we get a complimentary player for KP then it will have to work for this year. Hopefully next year we tank the right way so we can get one of the top players, if not we will be in the same boat next year.

I'm hoping mikhal and miles stock shoot up so porter might fall down to us lets pray that kings orlando and memphis horrible drafting history continues.

In 5 years the Knicks are going to wish they had tanked the right way and drafted Luka Doncic.

This team lacks so much talent just adding good role players won't ever put this team into contender status. Guys like Frank Ntilikina or Mikal Bridges just don't move the needle enough.
    A combo of KP and Doncic or KP and Porter could have really changed the Dynamic of this team. Instead the Knicks are lined up to Draft another solid player that will probably look bad on a team devoid of talent.
    The Knicks will once again watch as Steph Curry gets taken the pick right before theirs and the team has to settle for role playing talent.

Hopefully this team doesn't make the same mistakes next year. The team needs an Alpha Player so that KP can shine as the Beta he is. A Player that will take pressure off of his teammates while setting them up to be successful. Unfortunately that Player is most likely gone by the time pick 8 or 9 comes.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I'm hoping mikhal and miles stock shoot up so porter might fall down to us lets pray that kings orlando and memphis horrible drafting history continues.
    I'm with you.
    If that happens and a little luck with the ping pong balls maybe the Knicks come out good from this draft.
    The Knicks are due some good luck after all the dropping in the lottery.
    If the Knicks end up with Porter I'll be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    In 5 years the Knicks are going to wish they had tanked the right way and drafted Luka Doncic.

This team lacks so much talent just adding good role players won't ever put this team into contender status. Guys like Frank Ntilikina or Mikal Bridges just don't move the needle enough.
    A combo of KP and Doncic or KP and Porter could have really changed the Dynamic of this team. Instead the Knicks are lined up to Draft another solid player that will probably look bad on a team devoid of talent.
    The Knicks will once again watch as Steph Curry gets taken the pick right before theirs and the team has to settle for role playing talent.

Hopefully this team doesn't make the same mistakes next year. The team needs an Alpha Player so that KP can shine as the Beta he is. A Player that will take pressure off of his teammates while setting them up to be successful. Unfortunately that Player is most likely gone by the time pick 8 or 9 comes.
    Doncic was never going to happen with a healthy kp that/was wishful thinking. And thinking any if these players will be as impactful as curry is just dreaming at the moments.

This should just be merged with the draft thread. It's basically become the same thing.

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast