Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    If we draft Trae Young you move on from Hardaway faster than you move on from Frank. I like Frank next to Trae, if Trae is indeed our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Phoenix has 3 top 16 first rd picks? trade frank for one of them and try and get shai alexander
    I like that move nothing against Frank but he wasn't my pick in the first place DSJ was. But we can reboot with Trea and Shai. Or We can go with both Knox and Alexander in the 1st round and Brunson in the 2nd rd.

Quote Originally Posted by beermugs View Post
    if we are at 9 then u take mikal at best hes light years ahead of lance both d# n o# knox im not sold on sexton no thanks mikal is a glue guy we would need to move foward with in building our team again i wish we would be higherin the draft to grab mpj but d# is always a plus and i do hope frank works out as the 2 cause imo he sucks but him and mikal at the 2 n 3 is good d# moving foward all we would need is a great pg to run the team and take the pressure off of kp like lets say a john wall if he becomes free
    Draft Brunson in the 2nd rd and we're set. Mikal, Frank, and Brunson would be awsome, with Burke coming off the bench with instant offense. Trade Mudiay and a pick for one of the Suns picks.

PG Brunson
    SG THJ
    SF Mikal
    PF Beasley
    C Noah

or

PG Brunson
    SG Frank
    SF THJ
    PF Knox
    C Kanter or Noah

I've seen in recent draft boards have Trae Young landing in our hands. If so one of Frank, Mudiay, or Burke has to go.

We are one slot away from having a shot at a player who could really impact the team. The 8th seed would do the trick.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I feel like first and foremost we should pull for our own players, particular the ones we drafted. I don't care who drafted them. These are young men.

Secondly, Frank WE ALL KNOW is a project. Leave him alone. Mudiay is the one im worried about. At least Frank gives you something tangible (passing and defense).
    He is really a freshman that got onto the varsity team because of the way he plays D and how he defers to others.
    Next year, he is a sophomore. You've seen who he is. Now you press him to be more aggressive and he needs to press himself.
    I predict that he is more aggressive and fans get annoyed at that.
    Frank needs to hit the weights and bounce off contact and score. Right now he can't finish after contact but with some strength training, that will change.
    I think he will be a big, smooth PG who can find his shot. He needs a mid range jumper and needs to get into the paint and use contact to create and he will be a very good PG

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I like both of the Bridges boys but because of his versatility I would much rather have Knox from Kentucky. His length and scoring could make him a special player on the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I like both of the Bridges boys but because of his versatility I would much rather have Knox from Kentucky. His length and scoring could make him a special player on the next level.
    Knox offensive talent is there, but from what I've seen his effort on defense is lazy. I don't like that at all.

With KP out till at least Jan this is the year the Knicks need to try and get another first even if it's a mid to late round pick.

what always happens each and every year the top 10 picks change as the tournament starts and then changes again once the tournament ends then changes again once the draftees show up for the predraft work outs.

I already see one or both Bridges jumping up and if that is the case someone or two people have to drop.

I still hope we finish in that 8th spot and get soooo lucky with the ping pong balls, and still need one more first.

We do have Frank, Mudiay and Trey and all can be traded at draft time and Lee has value. We have to now wait and see which team(s) get eliminated in the first and second rounds and who will decide they don't need a mid first round pick and want help immediately to make the next round next year and compete for the ring.

I think many don't understand the present day lottery which applies this June,

a finish at 5-8 are almost interchangeable its about a 1% differential between those slots and why you see the lottery change in positions each year.

Where the Knicks are at 9 almost makes you get a 9th pick unless you either get really, really lucky and move up to all of 8 or back to 10.

This is why getting the 8th spot is so key this year, you have a shot at 3 and 4, a decent shot at 5 and 6 and a good shot at 7 and 8.

I'm going to give a big ? on picking Trae, if you read about him or watch him isn't he not Trey back in college?

why wouldn't Trae not come out and maybe have the same fate as Trey and Mudiay? If I'm the Knicks I'm all in on the SF of this draft unless their is a drop in Bagley and Jackson at the PF spot.

Trae will most likely go to Orlando and why they probably let Payton go. This makes all too much sense with them getting an early pick.

I'm a Mikal fan have been and still am. but still think we can trade with the Suns for one of the 15th or 16th picks and they even hold the 32nd pick as of right now and they are going south, can they really sign 4 guys? They are young already and 4 guys within 32 will be difficult.

So hopefully Perry can move someone and maybe we swap seconds and go for Brunson. In my opinion he should go earlier but he is on mocks as the first or 2nd pick in round 2.

this would be a great pick up for the Knicks and he plays great with Mikal, how crazy would that be.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'd argue that both Bridges' are more versatile. All three can play multiple positions on offense, but the Bridges' can potentially defend 1-4. Knox doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm going to give a big ? on picking Trae, if you read about him or watch him isn't he not Trey back in college?

why wouldn't Trae not come out and maybe have the same fate as Trey and Mudiay? If I'm the Knicks I'm all in on the SF of this draft unless their is a drop in Bagley and Jackson at the PF spot.

Trae will most likely go to Orlando and why they probably let Payton go. This makes all too much sense with them getting an early pick.

I'm a Mikal fan have been and still am. but still think we can trade with the Suns for one of the 15th or 16th picks and they even hold the 32nd pick as of right now and they are going south, can they really sign 4 guys? They are young already and 4 guys within 32 will be difficult.

So hopefully Perry can move someone and maybe we swap seconds and go for Brunson. In my opinion he should go earlier but he is on mocks as the first or 2nd pick in round 2.

this would be a great pick up for the Knicks and he plays great with Mikal, how crazy would that be.
    No, they are different players. Trey Burke was much more of just a scorer. He also played in Beilein's offense which is famous for inflating offensive stats...almost like a D'Antoni offense. Burke, as you can see now, isn't a three point shooter either.

Trae Young leads the nation in both scoring and assists. Burke was a very good scorer, but not to that extent. He also has a shot at being a very special three point shooter.

With that said, I'm not crazy about Trae Young. I think he's very boom or bust. By the time the draft comes around, I wouldn't be surprised if Sexton is the first PG taken.

Mikal with 25 points good defense and won the game for Villy the big East Champs, sadly his rating is going up and up.

He is the SF shooter we need and he can play defense.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast