Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Miles or Mikal? two options if the tank fails...

https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/mikal-...ks-tank-fails/

Right now knicks sit 9th . The goal is the top 7 were you have doncic, porter ,bags,Ayton,trae,bamba and jackson.

If that fails knicks most likely pick one of these two. To me they are pretty even as prospects right now.miles is 2 years younger though.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/818648514565586944/vZi8nN66.jpg

#TANKMODE

Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/mikal-...ks-tank-fails/

Right now knicks sit 9th . The goal is the top 7 were you have doncic, porter ,bags,Ayton,trae,bamba and jackson.

If that fails knicks most likely pick one of these two. To me they are pretty even as prospects right now.miles is 2 years younger though.
    It's a tough call. I like them both - Mikal seems like the more complete player, better defender right now, but Miles I would say has higher upside, and can create for himself... Curious to see what others think.

It is cool to think that we'll likely land one of these 9 guys: doncic, porter ,bagley ,Ayton ,trae, bamba, jackson, Mikal, Miles.

Any of them help substantially imo. I'd like to go for a SF or 4/5 hybrid personally.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    It's a tough call. I like them both - Mikal seems like the more complete player, better defender right now, but Miles I would say has higher upside, and can create for himself... Curious to see what others think.
    I think miles might have higher upside, but right now still has same issues as last season. His handles are pretty weak for a wing and not sure of his offense in the half court creating. I have the same issues with mikal as well weak handles.
    Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS; 02-15-2018 at 06:38 PM.

I did a spread sheet on Knicks chances and it's quite clear, Knicks will have a hard time getting into the top 6.

To get their the teams below with the 18 wins are scheduled based on their records to record 7 or 8 more wins.

That means the Knicks can win no more than 2 or 3, which is a stretch.

the 7th slot held by the Nets who have nothing to lose for, are on course for 7.5 wins which means Knicks have to only win 3, Knicks win (should say lose) in a tie.

The 8th spot held by the bulls, they are on course for 29 wins and then the Knicks can only win 6.

If Nets can get some players back after the break, and Bulls play the way they have lately, their is a chance at 7. I see a hard time getting to 6.

Mikal on Vill is my choice as long as he leaves that St. Johns game behind him, and they just loss last night again after holding the #1 slot so two big losses......his value may go down which is good.

Watching Trae folks, and I know you all listen to the so called experts, but he reminds of Trey back in college, interesting lol.

I hope Knicks are watching the local kid in St. Johns, if Ponds drops to the Bulls pick he is a home run. I'm assuming he will declare for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I did a spread sheet on Knicks chances and it's quite clear, Knicks will have a hard time getting into the top 6.

To get their the teams below with the 18 wins are scheduled based on their records to record 7 or 8 more wins.

That means the Knicks can win no more than 2 or 3, which is a stretch.

the 7th slot held by the Nets who have nothing to lose for, are on course for 7.5 wins which means Knicks have to only win 3, Knicks win (should say lose) in a tie.

The 8th spot held by the bulls, they are on course for 29 wins and then the Knicks can only win 6.

If Nets can get some players back after the break, and Bulls play the way they have lately, their is a chance at 7. I see a hard time getting to 6.

Mikal on Vill is my choice as long as he leaves that St. Johns game behind him, and they just loss last night again after holding the #1 slot so two big losses......his value may go down which is good.

Watching Trae folks, and I know you all listen to the so called experts, but he reminds of Trey back in college, interesting lol.

I hope Knicks are watching the local kid in St. Johns, if Ponds drops to the Bulls pick he is a home run. I'm assuming he will declare for the draft.
    Pondsss is balling. Has some james harden many ginobli in his game obviously don't expect him to be on that level. He is undersized though

A guy I'm no fan of is Doncic, we need a player from the US,
    Someone athletic who can jump dribble and defend. Doncic looks good to me against players without athleticism, but the fact is the best players in the world at this game come from right here.

Bagley is the guy I think I want most, guessing he'll go top 5 if not top 3 so we'd likely have to land in one of those top 3 spots to get him.

I believe Frank and our pick will be offered to move up. Thats y we got Manny

Mikal!! All the way. Not saying Miles is bad.. I just prefer Mikal

Why notjust merge this into the College, G-League Thread..

Miles or Mikal? two options if the tank fails...

Also keep in mind where ever we are supposed to draft we will drop at least one spot because Knicks

I've been flip flopping on these two for a while, but I think Mikal is starting to create separation. I don't think he has as much offensive upside as Miles has, but he's so damn good defensively and fundamentally sound that he can definitely develop into a strong offensive player in his own right. Just don't expect him to do a ton of creating off the dribble or for others.

KP's injury has shifted my wants in the draft and now with the almost certainty of netting a top 4-5 pick next year, that helps Mikal in my book. This draft looks less like "a last chance at a top 10 pick" and more like "probably won't break the top 7 so just look for someone who can be a strong, two-way player who fits".

I think my dream scenario right now is to nab Mikal Bridges this year and for the team to be bad enough to nab Cameron Reddish next year. Now Reddish, there is a big fish. There is a 6'7 wing, big time athlete with a 7'1 wingspan and two-way ability to become one of the best two way players in the NBA. That kid has some 25-7-5 type with strong D potential in him. A perimeter of Frank-Bridges-Reddish would be an absolute joy to watch, and a nightmare for opposing teams. Oh yeah, and that KP guy roaming inside. Bring back that 90's Knicks defense, please.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 02-16-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I've been flip flopping on these two for a while, but I think Mikal is starting to create separation. I don't think he has as much offensive upside as Miles has, but he's so damn good defensively and fundamentally sound that he can definitely develop into a strong offensive player in his own right. Just don't expect him to do a ton of creating off the dribble or for others.

KP's injury has shifted my wants in the draft and now with the almost certainty of netting a top 4-5 pick next year, that helps Mikal in my book. This draft looks less like "a last chance at a top 10 pick" and more like "probably won't break the top 7 so just look for someone who can be a strong, two-way player who fits".

I think my dream scenario right now is to nab Mikal Bridges this year and for the team to be bad enough to nab Cameron Reddish next year. Now Reddish, there is a big fish. There is a 6'7 wing, big time athlete with a 7'1 wingspan and two-way ability to become one of the best two way players in the NBA. That kid has some 25-7-5 type with strong D potential in him. A perimeter of Frank-Bridges-Reddish would be an absolute joy to watch, and a nightmare for opposing teams. Oh yeah, and that KP guy roaming inside. Bring back that 90's Knicks defense, please.
    Mikal helps the tank too. He can help improve the defense but shouldn't radically change our win total. And I kn9w that scares some people but I think when we are good he can be a big part of a winning team.

Now that is contingent on him developing. Which is scary with all the 1st team rookies we have had that are not even producing for us anymore.

Miles already has the nba body, plus higher upside so I give him the edge here.

-I now baptized you as Porzingod.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast