Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Via Jason La Confora

Not a fan of this one
    Only signing I have liked is Kennard.

Just seems like it’s a matter of time before this front office and coaching staff go the way of other lions before them.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

I willing to give the new staff benefit of the doubt until we see them take the field...I have high hopes for our defense seems like we are already in the works of tweaking the D to be a hybrid of a 3-4 & 4-3.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Via Jason La Confora

Not a fan of this one
    I actually like it considering the price. I thought he'd get a bit more in FA. Guessing the guaranteed $ is super low, so if we have replacements, we can just cut him if need be. I don't think he's great, ****, probably not even good, but for an average CB, when we only have one legitimate starting CB on the roster, I'm okay with it. Once I saw the Lawson signing, no shock the Butler sign came immediately after. That asking price was quite high. Even worse, Trumaine Johnson got more than Butler. Jesus, bad teams stay bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    I actually like it considering the price. I thought he'd get a bit more in FA. Guessing the guaranteed $ is super low, so if we have replacements, we can just cut him if need be. I don't think he's great, ****, probably not even good, but for an average CB, when we only have one legitimate starting CB on the roster, I'm okay with it. Once I saw the Lawson signing, no shock the Butler sign came immediately after. That asking price was quite high. Even worse, Trumaine Johnson got more than Butler. Jesus, bad teams stay bad.
    If Tabor can step into the #2 role I would not mind the move. I do not like Lawson on the outside, especially after his bad last season, and now its him on the outside with a bigger contract. I can at least rationalize the move given the stupid money some of the corners are getting but more should be done, otherwise we are going into next year, again, without an outside corner across of Slay (again assuming Tabor does not step up).

Butler signed first then Lawson news was reported right after. It was a solid signing imo can easily cut him if it doesn't work out this year. Of course he could play like he did in 16 when he was solid. I trust in Matt Pat in getting players to perform higher then they should. KVN sucked for us great in NE. Pat Chung sucked after he left NE the first time and become a good player once he went back. Matt Pats gets the most out of his players and I trust he will continue to do so.

If Tabor can step into the #2 role I would not mind the move. I do not like Lawson on the outside, especially after his bad last season, and now its him on the outside with a bigger contract. I can at least rationalize the move given the stupid money some of the corners are getting but more should be done, otherwise we are going into next year, again, without an outside corner across of Slay (again assuming Tabor does not step up).
    Yeah, I feel ya there. Definitely hoped we'd improve at CB oppo Slay, but i was legitimately worried we were gonna settle for worse when I heard Agnew/Tabor were expected to get serious snaps next year. Hopefully we're not done. Doing some quick math in my head, I'm guessing we have 12ish mil in cap left over? I'm basing that on annual average, not actual cap hits in contracts, so it could change. So we have some $ to play around with after you remove the amount needed for draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Butler signed first then Lawson news was reported right after. It was a solid signing imo can easily cut him if it doesn't work out this year. Of course he could play like he did in 16 when he was solid. I trust in Matt Pat in getting players to perform higher then they should. KVN sucked for us great in NE. Pat Chung sucked after he left NE the first time and become a good player once he went back. Matt Pats gets the most out of his players and I trust he will continue to do so.
    Ah, either way, Lions clearly knew they were out on Butler and just went back to Lawson. Guessing they just weren't giving him anywhere near 12m aav + half guaranteed. Yeah, we'll see on how Matt does what. I'm not as convinced on him as others, but I'm sure I can do some hope trafficking between now and then. Hopefully we're not done, I assume we aren't.

Ah, either way, Lions clearly knew they were out on Butler and just went back to Lawson. Guessing they just weren't giving him anywhere near 12m aav + half guaranteed. Yeah, we'll see on how Matt does what. I'm not as convinced on him as others, but I'm sure I can do some hope trafficking between now and then. Hopefully we're not done, I assume we aren't.
    Well I don't blame them for not giving Butler that contract and going back to Lawson for one or maybe two more years it is a solid move. Hes a good teammate and had a good 16.

The main problem with Lawson is he gets called for PI way too much. Some are on him but he gets some calls against him that just make you wonder if he was banging the refs wife the night before the game.

Yeah, if Teez is truly ready, Lawson could move to slot. I remember that's what he was originally drafted for. Issue is, I think his handsy-ness probably hurts even more in the slot. Could see quite a few defensive holds on change of direction. Oh well, I don't mind Lawson, and we've seen him be an above average CB before, and considering the obligations, I'm cool with this no doubt.
    Diggs is in the slot if Teez is ready and I have been higher on Teez then most since the draft I think Lawson plays a similar role to Hayden playing some outside some slot but limited number of snaps overall. Teez is gonna shock people this year just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Well I don't blame them for not giving Butler that contract and going back to Lawson for one or maybe two more years it is a solid move. Hes a good teammate and had a good 16.

The main problem with Lawson is he gets called for PI way too much. Some are on him but he gets some calls against him that just make you wonder if he was banging the refs wife the night before the game.
    Yeah, if Teez is truly ready, Lawson could move to slot. I remember that's what he was originally drafted for. Issue is, I think his handsy-ness probably hurts even more in the slot. Could see quite a few defensive holds on change of direction. Oh well, I don't mind Lawson, and we've seen him be an above average CB before, and considering the obligations, I'm cool with this no doubt.

i'm okay with the Lawson move. As long as we didn't pay Butler 60 mill i'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    All I know is everyone else in the division got better and we did not.
    we got Pat... therefore we got better.
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Bears got better but Packers and Vikings didn't.

Packers added two big names but both are in the decline and aren't elite players like they use to be. Graham is still a red zone machine but not much between the 20s at this point in his career. Mo has looked done the past two years in NY.

Cousins is a QB upgrade on paper in Minnesota but the way Case played last season won't be replicated. Cousins is the better player but Keenam was godly last season down the stretch.
    Last edited by Chickenfin; 03-13-2018 at 10:58 PM.

You all keep telling yourself it’s ok. But don’t be upset with a 5 or 6 win season. I’m sure some will come and say it’s ok cause it’s patricas first year.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast