Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tank-a-thon 2018

Kings, Suns, Magic, Mavs, and the Hawks all have the same number of (and least) wins at 18.

The Bulls are not losing enough but it's reasonable to think they will up their tanking game from here.

The Hornets acted like they wanted to tank, next step start getting lingering injuries.

The Grizzlies are right there and SHOULD tank. They will always play hard which may make it harder for them to succeed at tanking.

The Knicks are too stupid to actively tank but should.

That's 9 teams that I think are likely to round out this year tanking. Can you imagine a 5 way die roll to determine who gets the most ping pong balls?

Right in the middle of that mess are the Nets and Lakers who are trying to win and build for the future ... if they are even okay they could actually make it to the bottom third of the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Kings, Suns, Magic, Mavs, and the Hawks all have the same number of (and least) wins at 18.

The Bulls are not losing enough but it's reasonable to think they will up their tanking game from here.

The Hornets acted like they wanted to tank, next step start getting lingering injuries.

The Grizzlies are right there and SHOULD tank. They will always play hard which may make it harder for them to succeed at tanking.

That's 9 teams that I think are likely to round out this year tanking. Can you imagine a 5 way die roll to determine who gets the most ping pong balls?

Right in the middle of that mess are the Nets and Lakers who are trying to win and build for the future ... if they are even okay they could actually make it to the bottom third of the lottery.
    I am so confused on if I want them to win or lose lol... Hopefully we get a top 6-8 pick from them this year which would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I am so confused on if I want them to win or lose lol... Hopefully we get a top 6-8 pick from them this year which would be amazing
    The Lakers look like theyre going to give you that wish at the moment. Cant play a lick defense lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    The Lakers look like theyre going to give you that wish at the moment. Cant play a lick defense lately.
    Does it shock you? I mean acquiring it and trading two youthful athletic guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Does it shock you? I mean acquiring it and trading two youthful athletic guys.
    No it doesnt shock me. I am hopeful that they at least win 35 games this year.

The Hornets offering everyone and setting up a tank was a little surprising. I'm not sure they can tank hard enough for it to matter much at this point though.

The team that ends up tanking the most successfully this season will no doubt be the Atlanta Hawks

Itís going to be interesting to see how much Carlisle plays the vets like Barea, and Salah. Theyíve been key players in most of their wins. I did hear they expect to play Nerlens a lot more after the break. Personally Iím expecting the Mavs to finish somewhere between 3-6.

I actually want to see the Magic or Suns tank the most...the Suns for the simple fact that they can set up for their future especially with whoever the #1 pick turns out to be and seeing this year's draft class there are supposed to be some real studs too. If Phoenix ends up getting the #1 pick then they can truly turn their franchise around. Same for the Magic if they end up with the #1 pick.

The Kings won't tank in the traditional sense. What we're doing is exactly what we should be doing. We've got a ton of really young guys that need playing time to help them develop, so that's what they'll get. We'll be playing to win, but we probably won't be good anyway. I expect a random good stretch to help keep us out of the top couple picks just because that's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    The Kings won't tank in the traditional sense. What we're doing is exactly what we should be doing. We've got a ton of really young guys that need playing time to help them develop, so that's what they'll get. We'll be playing to win, but we probably won't be good anyway. I expect a random good stretch to help keep us out of the top couple picks just because that's what we do.
    Is this a joke? What you said is called tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

haha ouch. But yes unfortunately we're owned by an idiot jerkwad and the stupidity trickles down.

I don't think we're winning many more games though, maybe 3 or 4 tops, hopefully Hornacek actually sits his bff Jarrett Jack but Hornacek is a half moron too so...

Still think Knicks will pick top 7-8, and although a longshot, could hopefully win a top 3 pick.

Agr√*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If "we" means youre a Lakers fan i am sorry, I dont think you own your pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Is this a joke? What you said is called tanking.
    No, tanking is actively not trying to win. We will not coach to lose like others do. We'll be playing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    No, tanking is actively not trying to win. We will not coach to lose like others do. We'll be playing hard.
    Tanking is not about not playing hard, it's about assembling the roster not to maximize winning. The coach and players are not actively trying to lose, the GM is the one doing the tanking. The coach knows it's happening, and the trainers are definitely in on it, but the player on the floor are trying in a tank.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast