Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I've actually jumped off the sign Mike Moustakas train. I'd still take him on 1-2 year deal but his numbers really aren't that great to be signing him long term. He has a lifetime .305OBP which just isn't good enough and the Sox simply need to avoid committing to guys that can't walk or get on base. They already have enough of those.

His 38 homers were nice, finally showed his power potential, but other than last year his career high was 22 which is a pretty significant jump. In just 2 out of 7 seasons he's hit .270 or higher, has an OBP above .310, and a WAR above 2. He's essentially been borderline replacement level for 4 of his 7 seasons. His Wins Above Replacement last year was identical to Todd Frazier's and Frazier didn't exactly have a stellar year last year.

For the right price I'll definitely take him but I'm not committing too much past this year for a guy who really hasn't had two consecutive quality seasons in his career yet.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    even others to keep an eye on....Selby Zalvala,Ian Clarkin and Craig Dedelow. Oh and you forgot Zack Collins and whoever we draft this year...
    Exactly. How did I forget Collins? There is so many of them.

For this draft Iím solely behind both SS prospects Brice Turang and Nander de Sedas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    I've actually jumped off the sign Mike Moustakas train. I'd still take him on 1-2 year deal but his numbers really aren't that great to be signing him long term. He has a lifetime .305OBP which just isn't good enough and the Sox simply need to avoid committing to guys that can't walk or get on base. They already have enough of those.

His 38 homers were nice, finally showed his power potential, but other than last year his career high was 22 which is a pretty significant jump. In just 2 out of 7 seasons he's hit .270 or higher, has an OBP above .310, and a WAR above 2. He's essentially been borderline replacement level for 4 of his 7 seasons. His Wins Above Replacement last year was identical to Todd Frazier's and Frazier didn't exactly have a stellar year last year.

For the right price I'll definitely take him but I'm not committing too much past this year for a guy who really hasn't had two consecutive quality seasons in his career yet.
    And I completely understand this logic and pretty much agree. Iíve always been on the side if not signing him. That was just my thinking when it came to him.

Davidson had a good game today...2 for 3 and a dinger.....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Ugh. Burger went down w Achilles injury. Carted off.

a lost year of development for Burger,....hate to see that....

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    a lost year of development for Burger,....hate to see that....
    Most likely but we need to wait on a diagnosis.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Definitely sucks for Burger. If there is a bright side, it's that he's not a pitcher or someone that steals bases/super athlete. Even being an Outfielder would be a cause for concern, but he seems destined to be a 1B/DH, especially now.

Coconut was right, Burger out for 2018. Tough break, he's young, hope to see him back next year in ST.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I also think the Sox should go to Abreu and offer him a deal that looks like this.

Ď18- $13M (already agreed upon)
    Ď19- $18M (final year of arb/control)
    Ď20- $20M
    Ď21- $20M
    Ď22- $20M team option

So thatís a 4yr/$71M deal that could be 5yr/$91M. Pretty good for a guy entering his age 31 season. Get him slightly less than what JD Martinez just got from the Red Sox.
    I think to keep Abreu it's going take at least $25 mil year. Maybe even $30. He can fetch that easily from the Yankees or Red Sox if he hits the FA market.

You may be right SS Sox, but he may also be willing to sign a "lesser" deal right now to secure his future.
    It seems like he wants to be in Chicago, so pitch it now and see what happens.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

With how poorly the free agent market was this year I'm not sure how anyone pays Abreu upwards of 30Mil annually for a guy into his 30's. Not to mention I don't see Abreu marketing himself out of the Sox budget. He knows they want to splash in free agency and have promising players in the system. If he wants to chase the money from New York or Boston I'd just let him walk. Don't see that happening though.

So Burdi, Adolpho and now Burger down for the year?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Would y'all try and bring in Greg Holland to be our closer on a decent short term deal, and trade him for assets at the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    So Burdi, Adolpho and now Burger down for the year?
    Adolfo is going to DH this year, ...at least until they think he's got enough AB's in for his growth...........not sure how long Burdi will be down......but....to be sure, this is a disturbing trend with the injuries.I was hoping for Burdi to be our closer in 2020.....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast