Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So, I legit almost died Saturday night while vacationing in Colorado

Details to come.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse

So, can I tap that?

Jk glad you are still alive and kicking, man

Cubs won. Eagles won. You were due.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

You should have turned Super Saiyan.

Details to come? Way to be over dramatic about it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If you did die would we still be able to ask you anything?

Oh. Wrong thread

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

If you die before we get the details, that would suck, but also be poetic.

Also, the Eagles won so you would have at least died happy.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If you die before we get the details, that would suck, but also be poetic.

Also, the Eagles won so you would have at least died happy.
    Philly fans are never truly happy.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Who you telling?

I was waiting to get the laptop out, too much for the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So, can I tap that?

Jk glad you are still alive and kicking, man
    I called dibs already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

WTF's going on!?!?
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Landed in Denver Friday at 7am. I’m from Missouri, never been to Colorado before (aside from a connecting flight to Philly many years ago). When we left for vacation, I had just completed day 3 of a 5 day Z-pack for the yuckies, no biggie.

Spent all morning in Denver finishing up some cabin shopping, nothing too strenuous but started getting some headache and felt “winded” after a bit. Drove up to Breckenridge to check out some shops and grab some lunch because we couldn’t get in to cabin until 4. Did the Walmart thing, checked out a couple weed shops for the giggles and drove up to where our cabin was located. Throughout all of this, headache kept getting worse and ibuprofen and Tylenol/aspirin was doing nothing. Our cabin was near Alma, Colorado (which I guess is the highest town?) but we were still 1000 feet higher where we stayed. Got to the cabin and unloaded stuff, up and down steps, just pouring sweat (it was like 20*) and it was soooo hard to breathe. Everyone else just seemed short of breath and winded but it was really hitting me hard, seemed like every move was harder to catch breath. Throughout The night I noticed it just kept getting harder and harder depending on what I was doing to catch my breath. The wife and I went to bed and it was very hard to get to sleep. I couldn’t quit coughing and the headache just continue to be unbearable. I ended up just laying there all night without sleeping, she hardly did either due to my hacking and restlessness.

So Saturday morning we walked upstairs and by the time I sat down I had completely sweat through my hoodie and just had sweat pouring from my head. I felt fine it was just the headache and loss of breath. The wife and I got ready and drove down to Frisco to go tubing. When we got there got dressed took the lift up, magic carpet, to the top of the hill we went down once and after getting to the bottom I looked at her and said I couldn’t do it again. I couldn’t walk more than 10 or 15
    yards without needing to stop and rest. This whole time every step, every breath, every movement my head just continue to feel like it was going to explode. People just kept telling us that it was the altitude and that my body just needed to get used to it and drink lots of water Eat lots of carbs, and to buy one of those personal pure oxygen in a tube things. We ran by grocery store to get meat for the grill and went back to the cabin. I went downstairs to try to lay down because I was completely exhausted from not sleeping and the headache . Unable to follow sleep I lay there for a little bit and watch TV and then went upstairs with everybody else to get ready for dinner because I was going to cook on the grill. Just getting up walking 10 feet outside to flip the burgers felt like I was running a marathon. Of course I was getting tired of everybody asking if I was OK it was just the same response, hard to breathe, headache won’t go away I’ll be fine. Sitting there dinner a buddy asked if I’d been eating blue candy. They said my lips were turning blue. So I took a couple shots of the pure oxygen which I have been doing throughout the day and it looks like my color was fine. By this time it was about 10 o’clock and we decided we were going to go to bed because I just wasn’t feeling great. I told my wife I was going to sleep out in the family style room because I didn’t want to keep her up another night. I laid out there and couldn’t stop coughing to the point where I began throwing up. Nothing has really changed still couldn’t breathe very well still have a headache still have a cough I just felt like my body wasn’t adjusting to the altitude. At some point throughout this coughing attack back-and-forth to the bathroom and not being able to breathe after walking something told me I needed to wake her up and call an ambulance. Of course this freaks her out hearing that from me as I’m certainly not one that would ever suggest that for myself. She looked up the nearest hospital and it was like an hour away in Summit. She asked me if I just wanted her to drive me and I told her no get the ambulance. By this point I could tell what was going on around me but I could also tell that I wasn’t able to do much on my own. I could hear her on the phone with the paramedics for what seemed like hours only to find out that it only took them 27 minutes to get there. I was conscious but very lethargic aware but not able to do anything. When the paramedics got there they came in I was conscious and I could hear them talking but I wasn’t able to respond myself. When the paramedics checked my O2 level it was 57%. They were able to get me hooked up to oxygen and into the ambulance. Once getting the accident in my system I started to feel a lot better other than the headache but I was able to talk to the paramedic on the road. He just kept telling me how lucky I was that I called and that I did not let her drive me. I spent the next 10 hours in the hospital getting Oxygen treatment trying to get my levels to maintain at 90% every time they would take the o2 off it would fall drastically. At this point they diagnosed me with high altitude pulmonary Adema the most severe type of altitude sickness that only affects one percent after seeing my chest x-rays. The only other treatment was to get me out of the altitude which meant getting my levels up and sending me to Denver.

After being released and getting to Denver they set up my hotel room with oxygen and sent me with my own oxygen to make the trip. I spent all day Sunday and Monday in hooked up to the o2. At this point I was just praying that I would be stable enough to fly out Tuesday morning to come home. The oxygen would continue to fall whatever I would take it off to move around throughout the room.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning still haven’t slept a headache still hasn’t gone away the coughing still hasn’t gone away but I was maintaining 90ish% o2 so I was flying home. Soon as I landed the headache was gone, finally. I want straight to see my primary physician who sent me for more X-rays. The HAPE had developed from filling my lungs with liquid to forming what appears to be pneumonia. So, I’ve got some antibiotics for that and am stuck on this oxygen for who knows how long. Hopefully get back to normal in a week or so but slept like a baby last night with minimal coughing issues.

TL;DR, **** Colorado.

So never going back to CO?

That's crazy ****.

Damn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast