Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Spring Training 2018

Well today is the big day. The future is bright and it is time for the young guys to surprise. I am looking forward to seeing all of the young pitching and of course Acuna. Who will be the surprise this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Well today is the big day. The future is bright and it is time for the young guys to surprise. I am looking forward to seeing all of the young pitching and of course Acuna. Who will be the surprise this spring?
    Pitcher will be Newcomb. I'm gonna guess he comes in and shows improved command and has a good spring training.

Hitter I will say Swanson. After a rough first full season he's gonna be ready to show himself as the player we thought.

Sleepers are Jesse Biddle and Jacob Lindgren. Biddle is a former top prospect who posted solid numbers in AA. If healthy he's a talented arm. Lindgren has battled injuries as well but he's finally healthy and the things I've read are promising. Plus fastball/slider combo. 2014 he struck out 48 batters in 24.1 innings and debuted in the majors a year later. These two don't get much attention given our surplus of young arms but they each have a lot of upside as bullpen arms.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Pitcher will be Newcomb. I'm gonna guess he comes in and shows improved command and has a good spring training.

Hitter I will say Swanson. After a rough first full season he's gonna be ready to show himself as the player we thought.

Sleepers are Jesse Biddle and Jacob Lindgren. Biddle is a former top prospect who posted solid numbers in AA. If healthy he's a talented arm. Lindgren has battled injuries as well but he's finally healthy and the things I've read are promising. Plus fastball/slider combo. 2014 he struck out 48 batters in 24.1 innings and debuted in the majors a year later. These two don't get much attention given our surplus of young arms but they each have a lot of upside as bullpen arms.
    Agree on Newcomb. No disrespect to Gohara as I think he will be strong. Or JT as I think heíll have a bounce back season.

I think hitter will be Acuna! He will try to make it as difficult as possible for the Braves to send him down, even if it is a forgone conclusion. I do expect Swanson to continue to show the watchful eyes he showed after coming back to the show and have a strong ST. Ill also be able excited to see Pache and Alex Jackson! Will also attempt to pay more attention to Camargo.

I expect Swanson will continue to improve. Acuna is an obvious answer. I am very interested in Camargo. Peripheral stats suggest he canít sustain his numbers, but the Braves seem to like him enough to give him a chance. So that interests me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting close

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I expect Swanson will continue to improve. Acuna is an obvious answer. I am very interested in Camargo. Peripheral stats suggest he canít sustain his numbers, but the Braves seem to like him enough to give him a chance. So that interests me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, Swanson should improve. He already did during the last 1/3 of last season. He also had a really unlucky year with BABIP at the beginning of last year that really killed his confidence I think. His BABIP was much better in the last 1/3 of the year and I can't imagine he is as unlucky to start this year as he was last year.

Saw videos of Jackson and Contreras taking bp today..letís justbsay we should feel confident about the catching position for the future, at least at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Saw videos of Jackson and Contreras taking bp today..letís justbsay we should feel confident about the catching position for the future, at least at the plate.
    DOB tweeted the ball really jumps off the bat of Jackson
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Acuna is already in camp according to talkingchop.com

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Where can I find the video?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Where can I find the video?
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Thank you!

Contreras has an unorthodox swing but I think itíll develop really well.

Spring trainning is here, got a chance to see Allard for the first time today, he threw one pitch at 90MPH but was mostly at 88, Pache looked awesome at CF.

We all know Pache is my guy, so thatís good to hear. How did Allardís other pitches and control look?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast